PDA

View Full Version : start missing me dammit

Roxiana
06-14-2001, 01:14 PM
I'll be offline for the next few days. Not sure how long. I'm moving into a new place amd even though the cable guy will be there to set things up Friday, the cable modem package has of course not arrived on time. :-P
Sooo I'll see yas in irc from work next week until it arrives.
-Rox

Maelikki
06-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Roxi no u cant do this !

Andaas
06-14-2001, 02:35 PM
Back in the old days, we used to use these things called "modems". It was some ancient way of making your computer connect to other computers via the telephon line or something.

Perhaps you could look into this ancient technology and still see us until the cable people get you hooked up? :p

Raedon
06-14-2001, 02:46 PM
DONT DO IT ROXY! ITS A TRICK!

Vile Andaas is trying to coerce you into what is a downward spiral of lag and linkdeath~!

Well, at least it was for me trying to play the K's over a dialup while I'm waiting for dsl at the new place here...oh well I wait!

*chants* Fuhk Ameritech!

Bullhonkie
06-14-2001, 02:47 PM
Hm guess you don't wanna know what it's like playing 4 characters at once over a single dialup connection. ^^

Roxiana
06-14-2001, 04:21 PM
I am aware of these "mo-dems" but they require a "dial-up account" ;)
I was on the net when 2400 baud was blazing fast speed and the 'net' was usenet, archie, muds and whatnot, and the web hadn't been invented. I would've had a 300 baud modem but I couldn't afford a modem until 2400 was the standard.
Was anyone here ever (un)lucky enough to be using an acoustic coupler? They looked so cool. Or am I the only Elder One here?

Siff
06-14-2001, 08:48 PM
Use the damn modem, maybe you'll beat my record of LD's on a raid ;)

Exxile
06-16-2001, 01:26 AM
Bah! Dial up Roxi, do it. It is good, Don't listen to Raedon. This is the guy that is still saying that the Kennedy thing was a conspiracy.