PDA

View Full Version : Somebody pls help!

Darkstar
07-17-2002, 07:36 AM
How can i do the "my attacks" screen like in the Screenshot section in Khael's thread? If u look at his screenshot u can see that there is a small window with his attacks and other's attacks. It would help me alot if somebody could tell me! THanks!

Daeryn
07-17-2002, 08:08 AM
It's done with hitsmode. Hitsmode is pretty simple and self explanatory, just type /hitsmode in game and you can figure it out, it may take some time to get the coordinates right though

Andaas
07-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Don't bother setting the hitsmode function now (and figuring out the cryptic commands) - the new interface is going live next week, and moving that information off of the main chat window will be much easier to do.

Tilea
07-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Wow, they're putting that live next week? That means lots of patches and emperors to kill! :D

ButterBall
07-19-2002, 10:35 PM
hahaha

Darkstar
07-21-2002, 12:33 AM
Eh... I dont quite get ur message oh mighty Andaas?

Andaas
07-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Darkstar
Eh... I dont quite get ur message oh mighty Andaas?

Ok.. I'll say it again a bit differently.

Daeryn said that you could set up EQ like the screenshot you found by using the "hitsmode" command in EverQuest.

The "hitsmode" command was added quickly into the EverQuest client and is more of a hack. It works, but it takes a lot of trial and error and tweaking to get it to work well.

Three days from now, all servers will be coming down for a patch that will allow everyone to utilize a new interface for EverQuest. Built into this new interface is the ability to open multiple chat text windows, and set custom filters for each of these windows (including displaying all combat text, etc.).

So... I simply recommended that you wait until the patch coming up and set up a similar function under the new interface, rather than setting up hitsmode now and then have to set up the new interface to do the same thing in under a week.

Eomer
07-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Yea, the old hitsmode is a total pain in the ass to set up, you basically have to guess the X and Y values of where you want it on screen, then fine tune from there. Not very intuitive.

ButterBall
07-22-2002, 02:48 AM
I'm a virgin

Darkstar
07-22-2002, 11:36 PM
oh! i got it now! thank u!