PDA

View Full Version : Things that piss me off..

Elidroth
08-22-2002, 01:33 PM
OK.. it's time again for another segment of "I hate the world I live in.." or.. "Everthing you want to know about Pet Peeves but were afraid to ask"

I rarely eat at fast food places anymore and today was a perfect reminder of why.. see if this sounds familiar to you..

Nameless Mouthbreather - "Hi.. welcome to McDonald's.. Can I take your order please?"

Me - "Yes.. I'd like a #4, no pickles, Super Sized with a Diet Coke."

Now.. the correct response to my statement is "Thank you.. your total is (whatever) at the 1st window"

INSTEAD.. I get a long pause followed by:

Nameless Mouthbreather - "uh.. So you want which meal?"

Me - "A number 4.. Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, no pickles"

Nameless Mouthbreather - "Did you want to Super Size that?"

Me - "Yes.."

Nameless Mouthbreather - "And what kind of drink?"

Me - "Diet.. Coke.."

So I finally get the total from this double digit IQ, 1/2 trained chimp, and pull around to the window where I'm greeted with..

Nameless Mouthbreather - "Um.. was that 'no pickles' on that?"

Me - "YES!"

So finally.. I pay this idiot and go to collect my bountiful feast.. to be greeted by the girl giving out the food at the 2nd window..

Nameless Mouthbreather #2 - "Would you like Kacha?" and yes.. I spelled it EXACTLY the way she said it.. not Ketchup.. but KACHA.

Me - "No thank you"

At which point.. oblivious to the fact that I've even said anything at all.. she throws 7 or 8 packets into the bag and shoves it out the window.

Now I understand working at these places is about the lowest form of paid labor, but if you ask someone a question.. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. LISTEN TO THE FUCKING ANSWER!

/vent off

Sirensa
08-22-2002, 01:41 PM
Well...

Serves you right for eating McDonald's!!!

And without pickles?!?! WTF!

My Pet Peeve of the day is people who are annoying small talkers. Who absolutely feel the need to attempt to engage you in mindless chitchat when you're obviously busy with something else.

Oh - and people who insist upon licking their fingers before picking up a sheet of paper or bag. That's just gross - like I want your spit all over whatever you are trying to hand me. ICK.

Tilea
08-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey, it's better than those people who lick their fingers and then use it as a sort of hair gel.... now THAT'S gross.

Vinilaa
08-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I tend to think that public licking and spitting are generally gross and extremely inappropriate unless performed on/with someone who likes your licking and/or spitting in which case... GET A ROOM! :p

Eomer
08-22-2002, 04:45 PM
A friend of mine back in highschool would, before he lit up his smoke, put his gum behind his ear to save for after the smoke. Chicks loved that one.

Maelikki
08-22-2002, 04:53 PM
people waking me up grow me mad :/
cant stand people who dont respect others sleep somehow :]

Famor
08-22-2002, 04:54 PM
where are you from?

Fizbain
08-22-2002, 05:08 PM
/rant on

If you live in Phoenix and it rains and you feel confused as to how to drive, stay the fuck home.

If you do drive, raining or not, and pull into the same lane of a 3 lane road in front of the only car in your proximity....die pls.

If you walk your dog and let it shit on my lawn...I will kill you. The dog doesn't know better.

To those greasy kids at the super market who ask if they can help carry my beer to the car, give me a fucking break.

To people who work in hard labor jobs and do not have the decency to cover that hairy buttcrack of theirs, buy a bigger shirt.

To those postal workers who decide that speed and accuracy do not go hand in hand...you should be working at the DMV.

and finally....my biggest pet peeve:

Telemarketers. As individuals, I understand you are doing a job. As a group, you should all burn in hell.

/rant off

-Fiz

felh
08-22-2002, 08:03 PM
things that piss me off...
double quarter pounder w/o pickles and a diet coke

grats on vt hoes

Torrid
08-22-2002, 11:38 PM
you can lick my bags any time siren

Parak
08-22-2002, 11:45 PM
Things that piss me off:

The human race. In general.

Tilea
08-23-2002, 07:30 AM
Such a positive attitude, Parak :)

Grimthorn
08-23-2002, 08:25 AM
Telemarketers are the root of all evil, but not quite as annoying as the door-to-door magazine salesmen/religious nuts.

I have a very large collection of medieval weaponry at home (40 weapons at last count ranging from a footman's flail to a 5 foot long, dual bladed sword) and I don't hesitate to pull one down from the wall and wave it menacingliy at anyone who stands at my door and tries to sell me something. Most take the hint quickly, excuse themselves for interrupting my life and leave. The ones who don't are easily disposed of via portable woodchipper.

This fantasy has been brought to you by...

-Grim

Eomer
08-23-2002, 11:02 AM
"Excuse me sir, would you like to share a passage from the bible with us? Oh, here, have a copy of The Watchtower"

"Sorry, can't, I am late for a blood transfusion, and later on I have to celebrate my birthday. Also the Lord of Darkness requires me to sacrifice my first born son tonight."

They will never come back!

Ktul
08-23-2002, 01:45 PM
I came up with a little something for telemarketers that is working wonders...ok they still call but I enjoy it when they do. I tried the foghorn in the microphone...to loud. I tried giving the phone to my ever eager daughter....was afraid they may say something inappropriate. The wife and I decided to make a recording on our memo pad for the phone, basically it starts as "I'd love to hear more about your product, but first let me tell you a little something about Amway, have you heard of the new Amway products?..." usually they hang up within 5 seconds, but if they don't it's about 4 mins long. =)

Eomer
08-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Actually, a great way for the people who are doing polls is to interrupt them right away, and ask them how much they will pay you. When they respond that they can't pay you anything, you point out how they are getting paid, why shouldn't you? Generally they just say thanks for your time and hang up.

Seriously though, one thing that pissed me off super bad was when the Jenhova's came out in full force after Sept. 11. By Thursday they were all over the place. I am sure in their minds they were out to comfort people in a troubled time yada yada, in my mind it was way too opurtunistic for me. They showed up at my door and before they could even say I word, I told them they should be fucking ashamed and to get off my step.

BurnemWizfyre
08-24-2002, 06:21 AM
A) McDonalds...im sorry but 2 #3's and a kids meal dont=34 dollars....

B) Looking 16 if i shave

C) Morons that refuse to train to the least populated side of FG

D) People who move to the US and expect me to speak thier langauge, im far from racist but i wouldnt go to russia and expect them to learn english just for me.

E) Verizon

F) People who constantly send me tells and all i do is respond with a :) for hours and never realize im not listening to them im just humoring them.

H) People who believe i should lower the price of something im selling because joe blow is selling it lower, hi go bye it from them stfu and leave me alone

I) 90% of Rap Music

J) MTV

K) Rosie O'donnel

cant think of anymore atm...give me time

Phaera
08-24-2002, 06:54 AM
Just one:

Ignorance. :)

Khael
08-24-2002, 07:51 AM
Fucking up badly pisses me off beyond belief. I'm very competitive, and mostly with myself. If I set a goal for myself to complete, and fail, that's a huge letdown, and will usually make me quite angry with myself.

Other than that I have to go with Parak's choice, though not to that degree really. I like to compare the human race with the vastness of space. A whole lot of darkness and nothingness with a tiny (in comparison) bright star every here and there. One can only aspire to be that star, yet those who don't try are usually those that piss me off.

And that kinda drops the ball into another area - ignorant and selfish people. We've all met them. I'll refrain from commenting beyond the point that they piss me off.

Khael
08-24-2002, 07:55 AM
D) People who move to the US and expect me to speak thier langauge, im far from racist but i wouldnt go to russia and expect them to learn english just for me.
There's actually a swedish party (is that the correct word? straight translation from swedish) that are proposing that you can only become a swedish citizen after you learn swedish.

Pretty brave move with elections coming up this year. Not that I pay much attention to it.

Eomer
08-24-2002, 11:59 AM
Party=correct sir

Strahd
08-24-2002, 02:04 PM
My turn!

1.) Those people that I label, Captain Obvious...

2.) Random injuries due to lifting

3.) McDonalds - Catepillar fried in your fries = never eat there again

4.) My knee

5.) Idiots

6.) 151

7.) and.... pretentious bitches!

There are prolly more, I just don't wanna bore you all

nwinn
08-26-2002, 12:54 AM
So, you've switched from :P to :) Burn?? Why didn't you tell me? I thought you wanted to listen to me blab on and on about this and that!! I feel so violated!

:D

kasarina
08-26-2002, 03:40 AM
1) Cruel people

2) rudeness and people who belittle others to make themselves look better

3) thoose stupid break at the corner tabs u have to break on yoghurts cos 9 times outta 10 it wont work and u will get splashed with yoghurt.

4) people who go swimming and decided to stop mid swim and have a conversation so your constantly swimming round them

5) WHen your in a rush to go our somewhere and u have limited time and ahousemate parent or whoever decides to then come and have a heart to heart or indepth conversation, when they have been able to talk to you all day, but decide at that specific moment as your getting ready to sit down and chat...

6) Tuna, tuna fish is the route of all evil.......

Lucci
08-30-2002, 03:20 PM
The "Stella" awards rank up there with the Darwin awards. Stella Liebeck is
the 81 year old lady who spilledcoffee on herself and sued McDonalds. This
case inspired an annual award - The "Stella" Award - for the most frivolous
lawsuits in the U.S.
The following are this year's candidates:

1. January 2000: Kathleen Robertson of Austin Texas was awarded $780,000 by
a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was
running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were
understandably surprised at the verdict, considering it was Ms. Robertson's
son.

2. June 1998: A 19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and
medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord.
Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the
car, when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

3. October 1998: A Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania was leaving a
house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to
get the garage door to
go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't
re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked
when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation. Mr.Dickson found himself
locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he
found, and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowner's insurance
claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to
the tune of half a million dollars.

4. October 1999: Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas was awarded $14,500
and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door
neighbor's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced-in yard.
The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been
just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams who was shooting it
repeatedly with a pellet gun.

5. May 2000: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of
Lancaster, Pennsylvania $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke
her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her
boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

6. December 1997: Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware successfully sued the
owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom
window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while
Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to
avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental
expenses.

And the winner is...
Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City. In November 2000 Mr. Grazinski
purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home,
having joined the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly
left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee.
Not surprisingly the Winnie left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr.
Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the handbook that he
couldn't actually do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnie.
(Winniebago actually changed their handbooks on the back of this court case,
just in case there are any other complete morons buying theirvehicles.)

just thought I'd share

Lucci

Obudan
08-30-2002, 03:49 PM
The fact that you call these Stella awards and that it reads like typical forwarded E-mail urban legend crap makes me somewhat skeptical.. The actual McDonald's coffee case doesn't seem so frivolous when you know the facts. (http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm) I wouldn't be surprised to find that these anecdotes have been skewed to give the wrong impression as well.

Val
08-31-2002, 01:50 AM
People who can't pay late fees at the video store.

Lucci
08-31-2002, 08:19 AM
no, not 100 percent true, what posts on any boards can really be fully believed? sorry it not the point of the thread, and I appreciate your promptness on *actual events*

meant for it to be ever so slightly entertaining. apparently I failed.
o well I got a smile out of it

Quite possible I was testing the waters of communication on these boards since I am new to posting here, and that thread was just a nothing piece of literature that someone else wrote to say something that might get a response.
o my stars.... that phrase of honesty just fell right off my fingertips ..
well now you know so you can go back to not caring. lol

Be good to my friends, Im still way possessive, I am also proud of the way i see them handle themselves in the general chats board. *Lucci thumbs up on that*

Lucci
____"Is your mouth loney, with one foot in there?"____