PDA

View Full Version : MS takes a funny stub at Sony

Eomer
08-26-2002, 06:11 PM
www.xboxaddict.com

Normally I don't really give a shit about console wars yadda yadda, you just end up with two sides (three if you are really lucky) equally stupid and ignorant people arguing about the most inane things.

But if you go to the above web page, and read the thing about the PS2 starter kit, it's actually a pretty good laugh. If it were just some player/website person that slapped that together, it wouldn't be all that funny. The fact that Microsoft's Xbox Live team put that together and sent it to someone is funny as hell. Not sure why, but I always get a kick out of it when a faceless corporation shows a little sense of humor.

Khael
08-27-2002, 03:21 AM
Heh, honestly though, is that even legal? :p

Eomer
08-27-2002, 06:39 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't be, not really a legel expert though

"PS2 Online Voice Communicator: Sure, SOCOM uses voice communication via the headset - but what about the rest of the games? Surely, you don’t want to just mumble to yourself after you’ve scored your third touchdown in a row! We’ve provided this phone card to make long distance trash talk a snap on PS2."

I hope Sony does something in return that's just as tongue in cheek, would be amusing if they two companies can keep a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Obudan
08-27-2002, 06:46 AM
There's better pictures at http://ps2.ign.com

Fortunately what UPS brought me last night was the real thing. ;)

Khael
08-27-2002, 07:54 AM
What I meant was - they're using another companys trademarked logos and stuff (without them allowing it, I would presume). Can't they like sue for that? :p

I know for sure you can't make a commercial for a product saying that it's been proven in tests that it's better than "THIS" product that's supposed to do the same thing, you can just imply what products you're talking about. No true "mud-slinging" is allowed :p

Or maybe swedish laws are just different *shrug*

Eomer
08-27-2002, 09:59 AM
In North America, you can basically say whatever the hell you want about someone else's product, as long as it's reasonable and you have some sort of back up. Car ads are full of stuff like that.

And you can use someone else's tradeamarks and logo's as long as you acknowledge they are trademarked/copyrighted, and as long as you aren't selling that particular product. I think that's how it works.

And I meant "stab" in the title :/