PDA

View Full Version : More stuff involving Canada!

Tilea
09-13-2002, 10:24 AM
The two US pilots who were reponsible for the "friendly fire" (in my opinion better translated as "Killing allies becuase you're a dumbass"), killing of the Canadian troops in Afghanistan, were charged criminally today for the incident.

http://cbc.ca/stories/2002/09/13/friendly_fire020913

Vidmer
09-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Dang, I never knew killing canadians was a crime. Guess I'll have to be craftier now

Tremaile
09-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Good to hear :) *waves his maple leaf flag*

Rezz
09-13-2002, 03:32 PM
eh?

Bram
09-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Damn Canucks are everywhere. Should have taken them over years ago. Not like they'd put up more of a struggle than the French ;>

/em runs off into the night with a wild, screaming pack of hosers on his tail.

Eomer
09-13-2002, 04:01 PM
I remember, a few days after that happened (all the troops killed and injured are based in my city, btw), I got my new copy of Maxim magazine. And I distinctly remember sitting on the crapper, paging through the letters section, when a letter from US forces stationed in Afghanistan jumped out at me.

The reason it did, is because it was a picture of three or four soldiers (it doesn't matter that they were American), obviously pilots or mechanics, standing in front of a rack of bombs that they had clever slogans etc on, holding their Maxim magazines. You know, "this one's for you Osama" and other gems like "Shove this up your Camel's ass" etc.

That picture right there blatantly displayed the sort of attitude that caused the deaths of those soldiers. The whole hard on to drop a bomb and get a camel/tank/gun painted on the side of his aircraft is the reason why that pilot dropped the bomb. Not because he didn't know who was down there (he didn't, but it shouldn't have mattered). He invoked self-defense and dropped the bomb, which is absolute horse shit. They were firing fucking machine guns in a live fire drill at night. Machine guns. Any pilot who is mortally afraid that a rifle is going to hit his airplane flying at just under the speed of sound at 35k+ feet is a fucking moron, and this guy wasn't. He just wanted to drop a bomb, and figured that he may as well drop it there. If he was so afraid of being shot down, why turn around, drop 20K feet, and fly back over the site?

I would say that I hope the guy goes to jail for a good long time, but I don't think it solves anything. I am sure (or at least I hope) that he is completely full of guilt and probably needs/ed psychiatric help afterwards. If he doesn't feel guilty, then I dunno what to say.