PDA

View Full Version : Claw

Eomer
10-20-2002, 07:40 PM
Not sure how widely available these things are, but it seems pretty cool. However, I got the Claw AND Hitman2 for the same price as a single game ($69 bucks, about average price for a game in at Futureshop). I haven't even had a chance to use it yet, so I don't know how truely good it is. However, getting those two things together is a pretty spectactular deal really. Not sure how well it works for people with small hands, I have semi-small hands and it seems a bit big, but my hand still fits it pretty well.

www.claw.com.au

Wow, looked at the price on their website, and it's 60 bucks US! That sucks! I got mine cheap tho :)

Kasyra
10-20-2002, 10:39 PM
this looks really cool. lemme know how it works out for you. Im a big FPS fanatic and if this thing is any good Id definitely be interested in getting one.

Eomer
10-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Seems to be very cool. Haven't used it for any extended periods of time, so not sure if it helps with fatigue etc. But it's very easy to program, with 10 buttons. You can dedicate 4 of those as shift buttons as well, giving you up to 24 things you can program. I haven't played with the programming much yet at all, however it seems very easy to use. You can string a whole shitload of stuff together, and set time intervals between keys yadda yadda. Very cool stuff.

And there are a number of online retailers (their site links to them) that have the Hitman/Claw bundle for 49.99 US, so that's pretty damn good.

I think this thing is pretty damn cool, and will come handy if I start to play flight sims again etc. It does for sure take some getting used to at first, but I am getting used to it pretty fast actually.

Eomer
10-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Errr, you can actually have up to 36 things programmed I think. You can also set a button to be a shift toggle, and use it to step through the different commands etc. The only problem I can think of is that if you have a slide out tray for your mouse and KB, you may not have enough room for it to fit comfortably.

Dharrk
10-21-2002, 03:31 AM
I read this thread hoping to buy a real claw. :(

Zarxen
10-21-2002, 11:21 AM
Microsoft has something like that called the "strategic commander". I don't know if it is good or not, I got mine free with the Warcraft 3 cd in a deal that future shop had on Warcraft 3 release. I haven't played around with it much but hey it was free!

Mitsy
10-21-2002, 09:17 PM
How is Hitman2? Any good? Was looking at buying it and most gaming reviews seem good.

Mitsy

Eomer
10-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Seems pretty cool so far anyway, only played one mission, been busy as hell. Graphics seem to be quite nice, and if this first level is any indication, there are multiple multiple ways to finish each mission, a la Deus Ex.

Seems to be a few bugs however; like if you lean around a corner while you have autorun on, it turns it off etc.

Bram
10-29-2002, 02:42 AM
Strategic Commander is nice. 72 different combinations in each profile. I rather like mine. Doesn't work for EQ but it is great for what it is designed for, RTS games

Inizen
10-29-2002, 06:43 AM
only thing I've always disliked about things like that, and this probably doesn't apply unless your a hardcore/competitive gamer, is that what about when your on someone elses computer? It's bad enough having to copy your config file over and fixing the sensitivity and such, but having to copy even more sucks =P It's like the 2 or 3 odd people at the office that use trackballs, whenever they try to do something on another persons computer all you hear is "how do you use these things" and "i wish i had a trackball" etc, heh.

I still wouldn't mind trying one, but would hate to get attached to it. It would be nice for one thing at LAN parties, and that would be space saving (toss your keyboard on top of the monitor), allowing you to spread your arms out a bit more, which I find much more comfortable than most times when your fairly limited as to where you can put your keyboard/mouse.

Eomer
10-29-2002, 07:22 AM
Yea, I have never once been in any sort of competition, or even really played a game on a friend's computer (the fastest computer a friend of mine owns is a P-150, he loves WCII tho!). Still have barely had a chance to use it, but I like it so far.

Khael
10-29-2002, 01:21 PM
As a quake-fanatic I've got one word to say about "the claw": Pfffft.

Oh, and I love hitman2. I especially like the way I took care of the meeting in the park. Two headshots, one bullet. Damn I'm good! :D