PDA

View Full Version : Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

Leafweir-ML
08-13-2001, 07:38 AM
Few issues I'd like to address here and hopefully find peaceful resolution to before they become larger than they are. Had problems with a few Vindication members training Sontalak and other dragons onto us while setting up for him. Reportedly at least one of the offenders was offered CoH and ignored the offer. I'm not here to start a fight about it, but I would like to avoid incidences like this in the future. I'm sure both of our guilds profit from not having to worry about things like this. Face it, if it came down to it, we could both train each other at every raid until the GMs start banning people and breaking guilds up. I'd prefer not to see it go to this level, nothing good or productive will come of it. The situation could easily degenerate from a few Sontalak trainings to Feshlak and friends visitting someone's Aaryonar attempt, I'm hoping that it doesn't come down to that.

--The Unconscious

Inizen
08-13-2001, 03:04 PM
We were already trained in north wing Leafweir, what's your point? Sorry ML is not the almighty holy guild of the server like you want to think. You keep dragging this out not us.

Indecisive_SoN
08-13-2001, 08:04 PM
Hashed, rehashed, rehashed the rehash.. Deal with it.

Ciner
08-13-2001, 09:41 PM
I was in zone at the time Riccee said he was zoning in about 5 times, told me he was never offered CoH.

But seriously Leaf.. how can you say this when you and Cinder kept training shit on us when we were setting up for Aary about 6 times total. I think Riccee did this once with several warnings.

Leafweir-ML
08-14-2001, 06:43 AM
Here is what happened on the PoM thing.

I zone into ToV - ZERO Vindication in zone.

REPEAT - NO VINDICATION - I had no idea you were setting up for Aaryonar.

I run once - AGGRO NOTHING and hear some time later that Darriuss died to Wyverns. (Wasn't me, I didn't even have to feign until I got past the drakes near Aary). Second and third attempts are the same, at that point I left because you guys had people in the zone and were yelling about it.

The fact is that I was in their FIRST and YOU interrupted MY plans. As I stated at the time, I am deeply sorry that I didn't consult you for your plans before making mine for the evening. I was unaware of the new verant policy that stated that I needed permission from you to go somewhere.

I don't know anything about Cinder was doing and I don't condone training people for any reason.

I didn't hear Riccee shout anything, maybe I missed it. I know for a fact that Meiers was offered CoH and ignored it.

Either way, what's done is done and can not be repaired. I am asking that in the future steps are taken to insure that situations such as these do not repeat themselves.

--The Unconscious

Ubar
08-14-2001, 12:15 PM
Riccee asked for CoH, he was refused. He warned 3x then trained sontalak in. Problems with this? I see ZERO considering you were warned numerous times and on the old IGB it was agreed that you should provide coh for people to tov if you are attempting Sontalak. I can see the train causing problems, but its your own fault for not CoHing Riccee. As for Meiers, once I talk to him I will comment on that situation as I dont like to just listen to one side of a story.

Quintall_ML
08-14-2001, 12:36 PM
Interesting, cause the way I heard it when I logged in the next morning, from one of the folks in the CoH group, was that Riccee did not answer when offered a CoH to ToV several times.

How many different ways is this story going to be told anyhow? First we hear that he warned about 5 times, and was never offered CoH, now you say he warned 3 times and was refused CoH.

Which is it?

Hell, how hard is it, honestly, to get by Sont without training, even for a shammy? Not hard at all. And, as was also noted in the old IGB thread, it takes 2 seconds for you to set up an alternative method to get folks in there if the people at zone in can't/don't/won't do a CoH.

You have the means and likely the skill to avoid that train, so why allow it to happen?

Indecisive_SoN
08-14-2001, 02:31 PM
Sontalak is like Yelinak in terms that you can dance around him as long as you stay outside his circle. You can WALK by him, no need to train. I can pretty much assure you that Riccee knew this or hes an idiot.

Andaas
08-14-2001, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Indecisive_SoN
Sontalak is like Yelinak in terms that you can dance around him as long as you stay outside his circle. You can WALK by him, no need to train. I can pretty much assure you that Riccee knew this or hes an idiot.

Sontalak sometimes gets bugged so that he can't see basically - when this happens, anyone can run past him as long as they don't encroach his melee range. He is not always in this condition, so Riccee may have tried to run past safely, but been able to due to Sontalak not being bugged at that point of time (which is usually the case after Sontalak has been engaged in a fight).

Indecisive_SoN
08-14-2001, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Andaas

Sontalak sometimes gets bugged so that he can't see basically - when this happens, anyone can run past him as long as they don't encroach his melee range. He is not always in this condition, so Riccee may have tried to run past safely, but been able to due to Sontalak not being bugged at that point of time (which is usually the case after Sontalak has been engaged in a fight).

Of which that wasn't the case. Hes was bugged for a few days.

Ubar
08-14-2001, 05:02 PM
Not worth it

Andaas
08-14-2001, 05:14 PM
He is not always in this condition, so Riccee may have tried to run past safely, but been able to due to Sontalak not being bugged at that point of time (which is usually the case after Sontalak has been engaged in a fight)

Of which that wasn't the case. Hes was bugged for a few days.

As I stated in the above, if Sontalak had been engaged in fight prior to the incident that Leafweir mentioned (which he had been twice that day already). Then it was more than likely that Sontalak was not bugged at the time ML was trained (since they took several attempts to kill him that night).

My advice to all giant aligned guilds: Make a druid twink, get him to level 5 and enough +cov faction to become dubious and park him under Sontalak with the Harmony spell memmed. You never have to worry about training Sontalak again.