PDA

View Full Version : Civilization 3: Play the World

Lola
10-30-2002, 12:06 PM
So, this comes out this week.

I know Vidle and I will be playing - there anyone else out there that is a Civ fan that wants to join in on some games?

Vidmer
10-30-2002, 12:44 PM
I will not be playing, I will be dominating!

Lola
10-30-2002, 01:49 PM
I'll tell you what. I'll let you dominate a 2x2 island covered with tundra. Everything else belongs rightly to me.

Grimthorn
10-30-2002, 02:56 PM
I'll definitely be playing Civ3: PtW

Just look for the Zulu near you...

-Grim

Lola
10-31-2002, 07:55 AM
Vidle and I (if he picks up his copy - I got mine this morning) were going to give it a whirl Friday afternoon (and probably Sat or Sun afternoon too). Pop by IRC if you want to join us =)

Storme
10-31-2002, 10:14 AM
How very generous of you!

Vidmer
10-31-2002, 11:14 AM
Just an FYI to potential players, Vader goes down first then I come for you.

Lola
10-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Can there be no peace?

Vidmer
11-01-2002, 03:41 PM
There is some bad news and some good news about civ multi-player. The bad news is that it gets laggy as the game progresses. The good news is that Vader sucks so much he loses before the lag gets crippling.

Vidmer
11-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Vader is so weak now I have defeated him with a single warrior while playing the English. It truelly is an end to an era of Vader strat game dominance.

Or is it? Rumors of Lag and random number generator fixing abound! Perhaps Vader isn't quite yet washed up, only time and many more games will tell!

Storme
11-06-2002, 08:42 AM
So how did this game go?

Vidmer
11-06-2002, 09:21 AM
The games were laggy and short, we are awaiting a patch to make things better.

Our first game was an elimination game, the first person to lose ANY city loses. We raid each other non-decisively for a bit until I notice he has built a second city away from his cap. I gather up all my troops and race towards it. My fierce spearman conquer the town and I win.

Second game was a Regicide game. We raid each other and expand. I am somewhat lucky in that an iron deposit is near me and Vader's nearest is somewhat far. I plant spearmen on both mine and his iron and begin road construction on mine. Vader builds a new city near "his" iron and begins amasing forces to dislodge my spearmen. His first attempt fails and my elite spearman frustrates his archers. My iron deposit now has a road and I begin swordsman construction. I attack his nearest city and with a little luck take it sans casualties. I then have a choice, press on to his capital or attack a weaker seconddary city first. I chose the later. I clobber the defenders with my swordsman and discover much to my surprise his king is hiding there! I spearman runs him through and I taste victory.

The third game was just plain hillarious. It is a capture the princess game(ctf) and send a lone warrior to harrass him in the early goings. He attacks my warrior in the jungle where I win and get promoted to a veteran unit. He attacks again, I win and become an elite warrior. I figure his army is depleted and since I have reinforcements enroute I might as well plunder his upgrades. The next turn he throws another warrior at my elite warrior and I win with a single bar of health left. Vader gambles all and sends his last warrior (the 4th total) at my warrior and I prevail, his capital is empty and ripe for plunder! I squash him like a bug to end the lag torture.

Storme
11-06-2002, 02:24 PM
So now the source of Vader's grouchiness is revealed!

Vinilaa
11-07-2002, 07:06 AM
I hate this game!!! It makes me stay up too late :mad:

Aul tricked me and said, "Oh it'll just be a short game..." Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Zappo
11-07-2002, 08:59 AM
i love playing Civ games
its fun to be rome so you dont gota kill them :p

Arcius
11-23-2002, 10:06 PM
I'll be getting PTW soon, sounds like a lot of fun :D

How are the new Civs?