PDA

View Full Version : please mum, can I have some more?

Maegwin
11-06-2002, 07:25 AM
JFC, fuckin' crack dealers...this from castersrealm:

One of the largest fantasy adventure games ever makes its debut on one of the smallest PC platforms in EverQuest for the Pocket PC! Become one of four heroes in the first episode of an intense and story-driven saga. The city of Freeport is imperiled and it is up to you to defend it against the rising forces of orcs and the undead. Can the city survive?

Your epic journey doesn't stop there: Continue in the follow up episodes 2 and 3 due out at a later date — with the same character! Or, start over anew in each! The choice is yours. So no matter where you are, traveling your subway commute, enjoying an afternoon on the beach, or on your lunch break, EverQuest for the Pocket PC is your transport to high adventure.

It's like they don't want you to ever be away from EQ. I swear to god if I see anyone walking around playing EQ on the subway I think I'll give them the address of the nearest homeless shelter.

link to the story:

http://eq.crgaming.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=4886

Buazag Bonesteel
11-06-2002, 02:40 PM
EQ on a pocket pc?? Dude I can leave the house!!!!

Maegwin
11-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Where's the nearest homeless shelter in SYR?

Damn you buaz!

nwinn
11-07-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Maegwin

It's like they don't want you to ever be away from EQ.

I have a friend that bought a laptop purely for the reason of being able to xp during class, "Why should I just sit in class and be bored when that's two whole hours that I could be xp'ing?"

lol!

Eomer
11-07-2002, 11:30 PM
Yea, that was my feeling when I was in Engineering too Nwinn, I would just go home and xp during classes sometimes... I am now a plumber :/

nwinn
11-08-2002, 08:29 AM
eomer... :(

That's what you get for being a bum and not going to classes, though! he he, this guy is doing both, you need to learn from him and go back to school! lol ;)

Eomer
11-08-2002, 09:01 AM
Hah Nwinn, they won't let me go back! I have a big stain on my academic record now because of a very very very gay technicality that they refused to make an exception for.

Basically, I got through first year fine (it's hell on earth), with a 6.5 average (it's on a 9 point scale here). That's not half bad, considering I was up against a whole whack of geeks and freaks :D. In the fall of my second year I just gave up caring about school, cause I really hated it! If it wasn't EQ it would have been something else. So to make a long story short, about halfway through the fall term, I dropped all my classes but one, Math 102. It's a linear algebra course, matrix math yada yada. At the time I was thinking about going into Comp Sci the following year, so that would come in handy. I had already failed the course in first year, so I was kicking much ass on it (I got 100% on my mid-term, my prof was suspicious as hell). However when I dropped all my other classes, I just stopped showing up to it, and ended up totally bombing the final and getting a 4, which is enough to receive credit for a course! However, Engineering has a requirement of maintaining a 5 average. You go below it, they give you one term to get out. You go below 4.5, they instantly give you a one year Dean's Vacation. So because that was my only course making up the average, I got da boot. Even though I had talked to a counsellor/course instructor whatever they are called and filled out a form saying I would not be coming back to the faculty after the term, they kicked me out.

So basically it was:

"we want you to leave"

"I am leaving anyway"

"No, we asked you to leave first"

"But I said I was leaving first!"

So now all the faculties at the UofA want nothing to do with me, I have to go to a community college for a year first, fuckers!

But it doesn't matter much to me anyway, since there is a very successful family business (mech. contractor) that me and my bro will be taking over pretty soon. So while I am by training a plumber, I haven't touched a pipe wrench in close to a year and a half (and my gut is showing it :/).