PDA

View Full Version : Trains

Baramos1
08-15-2001, 12:53 AM
Ladies and Gents -

I've studiously stayed away from IGB relations in the past to avoid the knee-jerk that seeing the name Baramos could cause.

However, tonight, after an apparent Riccee train of Sont and Ionat, Xetulous asked me to sit down with Coquetry and work things out.

We're in the midst of another set of nasty incidents, and the server GM is fed up, as are the folks in ML, and apparently the folks in Vind, as well.

What are we going to do about it?

Here's what I want to do about it.

I want to move forward, and put the past behind us. I don't want to start a flame war here about who was right, who was wrong, who said what, who's reports are right, and all of the other thrashing that gets us nowhere.

I want these trains to stop, however. I want the nasty back-and-forth between our guilds to diminish at least to the point where we're not wasting hours of each others' leisure time.

What do I offer?

I give you my guarantee that Mythic Legion will react vigorously when reports of our folks are training, or acting in a way to dishonor our guild. /tell Baramos and I'll get to the bottom of it, and act appropriately, according to my best judgement. This isn't to say that everyone will always be happy with the outcome, but I won't stonewall anyone who brings a complaint, or knee-jerk that "He wouldn't do that."

This post is an attempt at an appeal to reason, in other words.

Honestly, I can understand competition between guilds, but the absolute venom that I've seen directed by members of both our guilds to the other is beyond me.

We blame you. You blame us.

It gets us nowhere but in a space with clenched fists, and knots in the stomach. This is not how I like spending my leisure time.

I understand that the purpose of this board is NOT to develop alliances between guilds, and to promote nicey-nice huggable feelings of generosity, friendship, but to provide a place where we can, behind-the-scenes, agree to a fair way to partition our time on the uber mobs and areas of the game.

I see a potential, as Sleepers Tomb entry rapidly approaches for Mythic, and ToV North becomes, as our guild plan states, our goal before Luclin, for there to be more inflammatory issues come up between the guilds.

I want to roadblock those problems here, and now.

Ubar, you and I have had harsh words in the past. We've also had good times. There is no reason for us not to have a civil dialog, and to work to make our respective guilds act in a civil manner toward each other.

Coquetry and Ciner, I've never talked to you in the game, don't know you at all. This is an opportunity for us to work to keep the folks in our guilds from each others throats.

All this animosity has achieved, is to fill our screens with purple, and to debate how were were going to resolve things - how are we going to deal with the enemy.

I propose that we, at the leadership level, stop looking at each other as the enemy.

I propose that we, at the leadership level, help to make our respective guild members understand that FFA war, seeking revenge, and being angry will only lead us to playing the game angrily, and vengefully. I don't want an angry mob of Vind stomping through ToV N as we're working there, any more than anyone wants a horde of ML stomping through, as they are.

I propose we begin to open a dialog between guild leaders (the folks on this board) in-game, to prevent the insanity that we've seen the last week. I am always available for such dialog, and as I said above, I'm willing to work to foster good relations between us dynamically, online, by reacting to issues.

Last, and believe it or not, I propose that we incrementally move forward to a time when we can work amicably on the server, rather than in "trust but verify" detente mode.

The potential power on this server is astonishing. It's too bad, in my opinion, that we don't tap it, instead of bickering.

I wouldn't mind, one of these days, seeing the top guilds on this server marching into ST together, under all our banners, and waking the Sleeper.

Working for the glory of Druzzil, as well as our individual guilds, is an opportunity we haven't seized.

Baramos
Guildleader ML
Druzzil Ro

edit: spelling

Inizen
08-15-2001, 01:02 AM
That's what I thought this board was for (officers/leaders working together), until I saw Leafweir get upset over a post on our Private (yes our private) board.

Fact is, I don't care who trained who baramos. I can get over the fact that we've been trained before too, and yes, we've probably trained you as well (I wasn't around with the sontalak episode, but I don't have doubts about it happening). Stop referring to JUST us, once again, ML has it's faults too, yet you fail to realize it.

Beyond that, I don't forsee us "working together" or whatnot, other than the rotation schedule, which works fairly well. You can't just make anemosity go away Baramos, and some of it is very valid concerns. I'm more than happy to try and keep people from training/openly fighting, but I can't do much more than that. Dreams of a Eutopia server, are just that, dreams. And when you wake up, you'll realize it'll never be that way. Our server is very mild, and our arguments are petty, compared to many servers.

Learn to appreciate the blessings you have at your table.

Leafweir-ML
08-15-2001, 05:29 AM
I got upset over a post that was on the Druzzil Ro board. The source of the post beyond that was outside of my knowledge or control. I went to check again and unfortunately the post on the D-Ro board has since been removed. I respect the privacy of your private board, I also reserve the right to become upset at things that have come into the public domain. Perhaps you should be more upset at the person who leaked it it to the D-Ro board than me for having seen it there.

--The Unconscious

Baramos1
08-15-2001, 10:42 AM
Inizen -

1) I think to better our guild relations we should, indeed, care who trains who. I'm aware that Coquetry took some action against Riccee last night, and this is why I posted in the way I did - an appeal to reason, and my own guarantee that I won't tolerate it from my folks, either. As I say, I'm willing to start "new" from this point on.

2) I'm referring to just you (Vindication) because this is where the issue is. Xetulous asked Coquetry and I to resolve this, or subject both the guilds to warnings. Coquetry and I didn't get a chance to speak last night. This is an appropriate forum to resolve these differences in as public a place as they need be resolved.

3) As a co-founder of Mythic, I'm well aware of the problems Mythic has. I'm pretty sure I'm not "failing to realize" them.

4) I appreciate your statement of support to help keep your folks from training and openly fighting, and again, I'll do the same.

5) I disagree that we "can't make animosity go away." I think we certainly can, and there may be some valid reasons for some of it, but most of it I think is BS. I think a lot of the divisiveness and bickering is artificial, and manufactured. I'm fairly certain that many of us, without the guild tag over our heads and pre-conceived notions about what that tag "means" would find ourselves in groups or on raids with the so-called enemy and having a damn good time. I'm not looking for a Utopia by any means. I do think, however, that it's possible for the guilds of the server (not just ML and Vindication) to get along and cooperate to a far greater extent than we do. If there is any waking up to do, in my opinion it needs to be done by all of us, in realizing that EQ has only a certain half-life, and that we could have a lot more fun in the time that's left by cooperating, instead of looking for ways to screw each other.

Baramos

Inizen
08-15-2001, 05:44 PM
I don't want to work together in the sense I think you are talking about, and I believe the same can be said for the rest of my guild. You are a different guild, you use different strategies, and you do things totally different period. That's why we have different tags over our head. As I said I'm more than willing to help stop the trains, that's fine. Although, I am concerned with the way you think because Xetulous wants everyone to stop fighting, everyone should be lovey dovey to everyone else...He's just a GM, it is a large part of his job to resolve issues, and he has no right to give an entire guild a warning for the actions of an individual.

Though there is another thing, I'm not going to spend hours upon hours, trying to fix peoples personal relationships. Therefore not only ruining time I could spend enjoying myself, doing things relative to the health of MY guild (yes I look out for my own guild before others), not pondering ways to make everyone elses on the servers life better.

We have a fairly peaceful server, people get trained once and there's a mighty uproar. Oh joy, I can't wait till someone accidently trains someone in seb next time, so we can all be disbanded for not getting along.

As for the post on Druzzil ro boards, where the hell did you think it came from if ubar didn't post it himself? We don't go around trying to start trouble, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Baramos1
08-15-2001, 07:31 PM
Xetulous' wishes in this matter have nothing to do with my desire for cordial relations on the server. I made a similar post last May, here, in fact.

I certainly don't know why you'd be "concerned" that someone would extend you the hand of friendship, in any case. "Lovey dovey" has nothing to do with it.

That said, I have absolutely no problem if the relations between Vindication and Mythic Legion are brisk, and businesslike.

The fact that we've agreed to adhere, both guilds here, to a standard of professional respect, is what my main objective was here.

I'm glad we have an understanding.

Baramos