PDA

View Full Version : Sports Cards

Eomer
12-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Anyone know of a good website with price lists for sports trading cards. I was just cleaning out my closet this morning and stumbled across several thousand hockey and baseball cards from '90 and '91, and I am curious to look up what they might be worth. There are a ton of wicked rookie cards in there, as '90 was basically the best draft ever in the NHL. I got Jaromir Jagr, Mats Sundin, Mark Recchi, Mike Ricci, Eric Lindros, Mike Richter, the list goes on and on.

So gimme hookups!

Lilcix
12-07-2002, 03:32 PM
I think this is the going rate per hockey card :

USA Hockey Player = $10

Candian Hockey player = $.05

Eomer
12-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Oh right, I guess that's to make up for the NHL being 52% Canadian and 10% American!

Bram
12-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Sports cards from the early 90s are worth very very little. I know this from sad experience. Built up all these sets which at the time were at least a couple hundred bucks...and now they are going for $12.73 <sigh>.

Check eBay and search on your cards. You'll probably get a better idea of worth there than you will in a Beckett's or some other such guide.

Tilea
12-09-2002, 06:59 AM
It's actually kinda true, a small percent of NHL players are American nowadays. Canada and overseas countries seem to be dominating, russia sweden czech republic etc etc. Of course, Canada has always dominated so that's nothing new! The defending champs had very few US born players.

Eomer
12-09-2002, 07:03 AM
Well, there is one caveat though. As far as star players go, it's actually evened out a lot. There are just as many US, Canadian, European, and Russian stars now. Most Canadians in the NHL are just kind of filler, since most of the mediocre European players stay to play in Europe etc.