PDA

View Full Version : Canadians must( Not) be proud part II

Zarxen
01-22-2003, 08:29 PM
The premiere of my province is not only a compete bonehead he is also an alchoholic.

http://cbc.ca/news/features/campbell_gordon.html

He was not only impaired, he was pissed drunk and sleering his words when pulled over.

Go Gordon way to set a good example for the people of BC.

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/front/RTGAM/20030120/wcamp2/Front/homeBN/breakingnews

2nd link gives a little more detail. There was a time when Gordon had asked one of his cabinet ministers to step down for alchohol related affairs, however when he is asked to step down it's another matter even if he is risking the lifes of others while drinking and driving.

Bandof Ravenheart
01-23-2003, 01:08 AM
They recently released some news that he was at if I remember correctly 0.161, when the legal limit in Maui is 0.8. He gets to return to Maui for drivers education soon also...

fun?

Eomer
01-23-2003, 09:11 AM
He was trashed, most places in North America have a legal limit of .08

His field test was .161 and a later test at the station was .149

He claimed afterwards that he had two or three martini's before dinner, and then a few glasses of wine during dinner then drove home. He also claimed that he consumed the drink over 4-6 hours.

To get to a .161 BAL, a guy his size (about 180-200 lbs) needs to drink a ton of booze. For a 180lb male, I believe it's roughly four one ounce shots back to back, then a breath sample 20 minutes later and you will blow around .08, and a person that size will remove roughly a drink every hour from their system.

In other words, he had a lot more than just six drinks that night.

As far as stepping down, I don't know if he should or not. It's a huge black eye for him, that's for sure.

He should be more like our Premier, Ralph Klein. Good old Ralphie has a driver, so he was pissed 24/7 more or less. Last year around Christmas time he showed up at a homeless shelter (which he is known to do every now and then), but happened to be pissed drunk. He ended up getting in a shouting match with a few of the homeless guys, eventually told them to "get a fucking job", threw several 20's in their faces and stormed out.

His popularity here is such that most people heard the story and just laughed, while thinking "oh, that silly Ralph!" He did vow to seriously restrict his drinking though.

Thuggo
01-23-2003, 03:25 PM
If I had to live in Canada I would be drunk all the time too.

Bandof Ravenheart
01-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Eomer
He was trashed, most places in North America have a legal limit of .08

His field test was .161 and a later test at the station was .149

He claimed afterwards that he had two or three martini's before dinner, and then a few glasses of wine during dinner then drove home. He also claimed that he consumed the drink over 4-6 hours.

To get to a .161 BAL, a guy his size (about 180-200 lbs) needs to drink a ton of booze. For a 180lb male, I believe it's roughly four one ounce shots back to back, then a breath sample 20 minutes later and you will blow around .08, and a person that size will remove roughly a drink every hour from their system.

In other words, he had a lot more than just six drinks that night.

As far as stepping down, I don't know if he should or not. It's a huge black eye for him, that's for sure.

He should be more like our Premier, Ralph Klein. Good old Ralphie has a driver, so he was pissed 24/7 more or less. Last year around Christmas time he showed up at a homeless shelter (which he is known to do every now and then), but happened to be pissed drunk. He ended up getting in a shouting match with a few of the homeless guys, eventually told them to "get a fucking job", threw several 20's in their faces and stormed out.

His popularity here is such that most people heard the story and just laughed, while thinking "oh, that silly Ralph!" He did vow to seriously restrict his drinking though.

Pertaining to your part about how much you lose one hour, you lose about 15g/hour, regardless of size.