PDA

View Full Version : The young priest of Quellious...

Fizbain
08-21-2001, 05:17 PM
As a young erudite, I had the same fascination with the arcane and magical as all the other erudites did. It was more than just a custom to become a great caster, it was instinct. You felt the power of magic and it drew you in.
When I was fairly young, I used to take a peak now and then into my father's spell book. I was not schooled in the art of magic as of yet, but was intrigued to be sure. In fact I was too curious some would say, namely my parents.
After the fire was put out and we relocated to a a nice swarmy place within the palace my dad took me aside.
"Son..." he sighed heavily and looked as if he was going to cry,"you can't just weave spells without knowing of the consequences. You nearly killed the family. You realize the council is voting on whether our family can stay in Erudin or not thanks to your little accident."
I was a bit unnerved that my father berrated me for my mishap.
"Dad, you shouldn't leave your spell book out. It's your fault!"
I was always quick to blame. In fact, that's about the time I learned to keep my mouth shut. When dad was pummeling me, I learned real fast.
The council asked us to come to the palace where they would pass judgement on our family. My mother wasn't speaking to me. My brother and sister were too young to understand. As we approached the council chambers I had a flash of brilliance that would save my family from undue embarrassment and secure my future as an Erudite who could walk tall and proud.
"Well young Fizbain," the council elder spoke,"what have you got to say for yourself?"

"I am indeed wrong in what has happened. I have decided to make amends and join church of The Tranquil. There I shall learn and grow to better serve my fellow Eruds."
The council elder smiled.
"You shall go to the temple at once to begin your training. May you find what you seek there young Fizbain."

So I trained in the healing arts and became a cleric. I wasn't too good with a sword. The paladins had a great responsibility and I was just....lazy. I figured being a priest would be a walk in the park. Just heal people now and then and spread the good word of Quellious. It sounded great at the time, until I went to Qeynos...(to be continued.)

Nanaki Ikanan
08-22-2001, 02:23 AM
To make a long story short, Fizbain then became the best cleric in the whole world.

It's a good story though Fizbain, write more ^_^