PDA

View Full Version : Shik and Wyvern Spill the Beans

Shik
02-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Hot off the press...
Wyvern and me got co writing on this project , and i finally got bored enough to write my piece, expect his within the next few days~

Dont h8 me and shit, if you interested have a read, if not, go on with your business, i'm just bored and reminissin on some fun times...

History Lesson (http://www.axg.net/rebellion/forums/viewtopic.php?p=230&sid=966d7c5aba2cc0a6dc5f9120662d7fa0#230)

or dl the txt directly www.axg.net/rebellion/kk/staring_at_the_world_through_my_rear_view.txt (http://www.axg.net/rebellion/kk/staring_at_the_world_through_my_rear_view.txt )

Shik

Lola
02-19-2003, 11:21 AM
I wish vBulletin allowed you to tag a thread "unimportant" as well as "important" - stickying it at the very end of a forum.

Ubar
02-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Lola still hates shik I can see, will it ever go away?! Give him a break Lola, he was just posting something that some people may have been interested in reading. You know some former members of vindication are in hoss, omgomg evil kill kill kill, maybe they would want to read that and get a good laugh / bring back some memories. Take a chill pill, you do not need to critize shik about every post he makes.

Guntak
02-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Maybe we want to read Lola's comments and get a good laugh?

Elidroth
02-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I still remember the day Seekers exploded quite clearly. It's amazing how quickly people stop listening and start attacking. That chat log is a perfect example of it. I knew things were unrecoverable when people started getting deguilded (not deguilding on their own). I even let myself get caught up in the emotion at times and said some things I now regret.

To me it's an interesting look back at the history of the server, and that event really set in motion the events that led us to where we are now.

Looking back at it.. I really have little ill will for people anymore from those days. Shik's (and others) actions and attitudes in game probably don't represent their real life attitudes. Let's face it.. this game (and other MMORPG'S) are a way to step outside ourselves and be whatever we want to be. It is afterall.. just a game and rather meaningless in the grand scheme.

The rest of it is also kind of interesting (to me at least).. I always wondered what happened to trigger the move of so many Vindication members to Stormhammer. They were very strong on Druzzil, with Hoss being their only real competition on the server, and yet they vanished nearly overnight after taking the server FFA, which has ultimately proved to be a great thing in the long run.

/shrug.. say what you want.. but I wouldn't trade a minute of it now.

Vanuiil
02-20-2003, 12:22 PM
that was an interesting read shik, thx! help keep my memory in place..

Serendib
02-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Memories :)

I remember completing the first two tov quests on druzzil, and the 4th!

Thanks stealth raid~

Forty
02-20-2003, 02:08 PM
What Shik didn't mention was that this sort of thing wasn't new with this group of people or Seekers. (This particular time, that was logged, was the second or third time this had happened in ToV.)

The first time something like this happened was when Kunark was first released and everyone was racing to 60. The same group of people (core group I should say) did the same thing in HS. Was a source of all kinds of drama in both cases. The incident in ToV was just history repeating itself.

Funny how you remember certain times in your life. I was out of town visiting the in-laws, they don't have a PC, so I'm talking to Andaas on the phone when tells me "like half of Seekers just deguilded." I'm stuck in BFE Connecticut without internet access. Only thing I can think to do is run down to the local Radio Shack and log onto the Seekers board on the systems they had there to see wtf was happening, hehe.

Zarxen
02-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Those Evil seekers, they are everywhere !

Vinilaa
02-20-2003, 02:16 PM
This is way off topic, but Zarx, what exactly is the stick-figure dude in your avatar doing? :eek:

Ubar
02-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Forty
What Shik didn't mention was that this sort of thing wasn't new with this group of people or Seekers. (This particular time, that was logged, was the second or third time this had happened in ToV.)

The first time something like this happened was when Kunark was first released and everyone was racing to 60. The same group of people (core group I should say) did the same thing in HS. Was a source of all kinds of drama in both cases. The incident in ToV was just history repeating itself.

Funny how you remember certain times in your life. I was out of town visiting the in-laws, they don't have a PC, so I'm talking to Andaas on the phone when tells me "like half of Seekers just deguilded." I'm stuck in BFE Connecticut without internet access. Only thing I can think to do is run down to the local Radio Shack and log onto the Seekers board on the systems they had there to see wtf was happening, hehe.

Yup Forty, but in Kunark it was slightly different. There were two main groups racing to 60 in seekers. Myself, Bodhidarma (and his two boxed shaman), Mutten, Nipp (Birgetta), and Obudan. We also used Shik outside the group or inside sometimes for additional DPS when we needed it. We pissed a lot of people off by grouping together everyday in what they use to think was hard sebelis. Mostly down by the robe dropping frog, eventually shroom area, then Howling Stones. This caused much controversy because the Froglock Bonecasters Robe was considered a decent robe, and well, we were just letting them rot left and right because we all had one but didnt want to leave to sell them. So mutten mentioned it in guildchat and people exploded. Was quite the controversy, but we all had a good laugh about it. The other group was Wyvern, Leann, Leen, Kail, and shik maybe? I do not remember this group as well. But they mostly lived in Howling Stones. Then there was Cinder and Brithrax grouping to 60 together, and quite a few other cliques I think. But it caused there was a lot of controversy in getting to 60. I think Lidea and her warrior made it first, then drakky? Something along there, I just remember I was around tenth. I think the ToV explosion was quite different from the Kunark 60 race tho. The ToV one was when Cinder was mass guilding and we really did have 80-100 person raids, and it was rediculous. So we got sick of it and did our own thing, which ultimately formed Vindication, ah what a great summer that was. Memories. As Elidroth said, I hold no ill will towards anyone anymore, it was all fun and I really did get along with most people, I was sorta the liason between Vindication and other guilds, not ML tho. God I hated Rohaise.

Vanuiil
02-20-2003, 04:43 PM
lol vini i was wondering the same thing !

Vikkie
02-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Heh that log is pretty interesting, I wasn't online the day that happened if I recall correctly, logged on the next day and a bunch of people had deguilded. :p

Wyvern
02-20-2003, 05:51 PM
The rest of our little group was Supa and Yallom, never shik. It is interesting to see how views on certain things are so different, even now after all this time. Much to shik's dismay, I have yet to write my perspective of events regarding seekers, vindication, and druzzil, but i may try to write something up in the near future for those who care.

Zarxen
02-20-2003, 07:39 PM
I'd like to read it Wyvern, if you have the time.

Joo like meh avatar eh Vin /grin

It looks like he's sexing, but I think it's just a hoola hoop thing heh.

someoldvindirogue
02-20-2003, 07:57 PM
EDITED. HOW DARE YOU POST THAT FILTH ON THESE ROYAL BOARDS. OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

Wyvern
02-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Officer's history lesson (http://www.axg.net/rebellion/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238&sid=5b736f7cdac86b6e734017dbf69d188a#238)

Here is my personal history of Vindication and the like. I start way back with my views on Seekers, because its around there that the ideals for Vindication were created. Its a bit long winded, but hopefully some people will take the time to read it.

I tried to keep my rage about certain things to a bare minimum, but there are certain people about whom I could not contain myself. In the words of ciner, so sry~

someoldvindirogue
02-20-2003, 09:02 PM
YOU HAVE MY APPLAUSE FOR THIS HEARTFELT STORY, WYVERN...IT IS TRULY DEEP STUFF...YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, YOU'VE LED A GOOD LIFE. THANK YOU. THANK YOU, FOR THIS.

P.S. SORRY BUT MY CAPS KEY IS BROKEN.

Elidroth
02-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Good read Wyvern. Interesting too that the person you sold your account to has been trying to play him/herself off as you. Going so far as to send tells to a lot of us saying "Hey.. I'm back" yada yada yada.

Wyvern
02-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Well, I never met the person who bought the account, guess they're a bit of a gimp. Tell 'em to get a name change and to stop pretending to be me.

Arcius
02-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Good read Wyvern. Tioni was the bard that plooted the druid epic piece from Fay, I remember that heh.

Zarxen
02-20-2003, 10:44 PM
Tioni, yup. And in the case of her com guilding it was arbitrary guilding gone bad. Same with the that Warrior we guilded that came with the brother and the wife and the uncle and bob & pete etc. One thing I learned, don't force guild people on other member's That's the mistake we made and we made other people's playtime uncomfortable in the process. Mind you most of us, myself included didn't agree with these forced guilding's.

Mystrae
02-21-2003, 12:08 AM
I go to hong kong for a month and all hell had broken loose when i got back.. fun fun..

-myst

Supa
02-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Ahh, the best times I had in EQ was pre-expansion days(first few months of EQ) and when I actually had a steady group like the one Wyvern mentioned.

I spent 3 years of my life playing EQ since release and still miss it.

But what I miss most is playing with my friends I made.

Vanuiil
02-21-2003, 05:14 PM
hehe Wyvern, interesting read.

you do not, however, know me at all anymore. saying that you do based on my posts in general board (which basicly ammount to nothing considering how often i post here) is just plain ignorant :p

still, good stuff.

Vidmer
02-21-2003, 05:38 PM
I think he was right on Van.

/cheap shot artist

Vanuiil
02-21-2003, 05:40 PM
who said he wasnt! :D

Wyvern
02-21-2003, 06:53 PM
you do not, however, know me at all anymore. saying that you do based on my posts in general board (which basicly ammount to nothing considering how often i post here) is just plain ignorant

Didnt say it was the general board, the hoss private forums have always provided mild entertainment from time to time.

Yeah, I don't know you now, but from what I've read, you havent changed, so the validity of my comments remains.

And if saying it like it is makes me a cheap shot artist, then.. guilty as charged.

Vanuiil
02-21-2003, 06:55 PM
damn~ im caught!

sendain
02-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Wyvern Do you still live in Maryland Chev chase ? but Wyvern that was a lot of Good Reading. I to have been Around a LONG time, i moved from my Enc to this server on the First Split from Sol ro and i Remember a Lot of that you are talking about i was in FON with a Lot of you all with my Enc. the old days was the best days in EQ...........

Supa i wish you didn't leave bro :D

Eomer
02-22-2003, 09:06 AM
The thing with Tioni was that it wasn't the original Tioni that plooted that thingy. I don't remember the exact details, but it was her brother I think while she was out of the country for a few months. She got back and everyone hated her.

She was actually a super talented bard, and a really nice person, until her bro or step-bro or whoever played her.

And I know I know, the little brother excuse again, but in her case I think it was valid.

Ktul
02-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Ya Eomer I was guilded with Tioni and was surprised when I read that. Seemed totally out of character for her =|

Arcius
02-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that too.

Zarxen
02-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Supa i am Glad you are Gone

Supa is one of the good guy's send heh =/:rolleyes:

Wyvern
02-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Yeah I still live in Chevy Chase. You live close, dont you?

Supa
02-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sendain
Wyvern Do you still live in Maryland Chev chase ? but Wyvern that was a lot of Good Reading. I to have been Around a LONG time, i moved from my Enc to this server on the First Split from Sol ro and i Remember a Lot of that you are talking about i was in FON with a Lot of you all with my Enc. the old days was the best days in EQ...........

Supa i am Glad you are Gone :D

So I guess you must of hated me. Since I don't remember, please refresh my memory: Where did I mess up to piss you off?

Dharrk
02-22-2003, 03:56 PM
I think he was joking, notice the :D ...

Qaediin
02-22-2003, 07:11 PM
To know Sendain is to lub him:).

sendain
02-22-2003, 07:24 PM
Supa i was only Joking bro :D you was a Great player if i remember you played a Ranger :p

Andriana Duskrose
02-22-2003, 10:12 PM
I am glad you're gone Supa. :eek:

Vikkie
02-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Now if we could get rid of that other Seekers ranger... :p

Supa
02-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Ahh sorry Sen, thought I was being attacked or blamed for something. I should of figured the smiley meant it to be a joke. :D

Guess I am more sensitive now after being away from cold hearted EQ players! Andriana being one of them! :p

sendain
02-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Supa
Ahh sorry Sen, thought I was being attacked or blamed for something. I should of figured the smiley meant it to be a joke. :D

Guess I am more sensitive now after being away from cold hearted EQ players! Andriana being one of them! :p

Now See Bro maybe you should make a EQ come Back :D the game could used more great ranger :cool:

Riccee
02-24-2003, 10:03 AM
(woah my login still works, amazing!)

hi kiddos ;o , long time...

Wyv and Shik's posts both brought back a lot of good memories, and made me miss the summer of love, That summer was the best time I ever had in EQ, period, and the people that where lucky enough to earn a Vindi tag in that time period are the best people to ever play eq, period.

My hat goes off to them, in every way imaginable, I suppose my only regret was that being young and naive and getting burnt out, and selling out... I ended up losing something that i really miss now, but oh well...times have changed, im not some 16 year old kid witha reallly bad attitude now (although a lot of that was just because it was cool to be a badass like that in vindi, ie: shik ;o) ... Funny how real life , growing up and responsibility can change people..

Anyway, i've got to get back to work , just thought i would drop by and say my piece... Hi to anyone that remembers me! :O

austin@5tribe.come -- drop me aline some time : )

~Peace

-The Rice Man
...Slayer of ML... *grin*

Kaddar
02-26-2003, 04:15 AM
Wow talk about old times... Supa drop me a email sometime I'm always up for some gaming with old friends. That goes for the rest of you egg's to, Email is: uneek@iwon.com

Laters

Vinilaa
02-26-2003, 07:22 AM
OMG hi Kaddar! :eek:

Gheltire
02-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Myst didn't go to Hong Kong, Gunter and I sent her out for pizza and she got lost:P

And speakin of old Seekers rangers, did Lyynch move to SH? Just a few of us old Fennin rangers left, maybe 3 or 4? Luckily for me I age and get distinguished...Andri..well she's a girl so I see crow's feet now:P

Riccee
02-26-2003, 11:57 PM
yes lyynch was on SH for a while, 20 boxing or whatever, but then got Cut from TR for whatever reasons, not liek he cares, the guy has sex for a living ;o

Torrid
02-27-2003, 03:24 AM
Wow, I soooo don't give a shit :|

02-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Wyv...I still remember when me and you rode that damn boat to butcherblock from freeport so we could group at unrest together..

I think you joined seekesr a week later and became 50 almsot instantly. Grr

Zarx, you were my idle in seekers.. hehe, you were the mage "officer" and i always wante dto impress you. At least durring the 3 months iw as in seekers.

SoN is legendary. I havnt read the stories yet from Shik and Wyv but i plan too soon. My question is, Cinder did so much to "build" you guys, yet you betrayed him multiple times if i remember correctly. Even when i was in Seekers i remember the "ciner led" revolt being begun. The small rumors that were never verified. It seems to me you bit the hand that fed you? Pls enlighten me if its different.

Lenaldo

Shik
02-27-2003, 06:39 PM
I dont think any of us can say we 100% hate cinder, which is why he was allowed back into vindication i guess.

And yes ciner had tried multiple times before to break off from seekers and make his own guild. like wyvern says, cinder bought him back by giving him officer tag.

Alot of people who were only in the guild for a short time wouldnt get a chance to see how cinder operates though.

02-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Ya.. i totally understand that. Thats why i was asking you guys. I knew of SoN since their beginning, but of course i didnt know of the internal workings. I do remember when the mass "name dupe" bug thing was going on and Supa, along with a lot of SoN, got lvl 1 chars. But besides that, I left fennin son alone.

I read the log. Although i see both sides arguments its really a very fine line to draw. Cinder is correct in saying you guys shoulda allowed some people to come, but like you guys stated multiple times, its you and your freinds. It is very hard to motivate people to get to raids on time etc. And if someoen is even 10 mins late, it can fuck up everything. Actually, after reading all the log (well almsot all of it, but shit it was long1) i could not take a stand on either side.

Shik
02-27-2003, 08:43 PM
i was also duped to a lvl 1 char~~
funny because i was a lvl 40 unguilded rogue and they still wanted my lewtz~

Mcpickle
02-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Im special too~

Mcpickle
02-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Im special too~

Medion
03-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Okay stupid question, sure, I know, buuuuuuut I always wondered if Ciner was a spin off of Cinder's name or vice versa or if it was just a coincidence their names were so similar. I think about weird questions like that and thought this was a wonderful opportunity to have it answered :eek:

Shik
03-10-2003, 08:16 AM
I guess im not 100% sure! but i'd say it was just pure coincidence, I think Cinder is one of those leet names, ie . ZeroCool and Neo, so probably a pretty popular choice.

Considering they were so closely related, they were often confused, i've had a few RL friends who played on druzzil but were never really leet ask me about them and be meaning the other one hehe.

Tarissa
03-10-2003, 09:31 AM
I think old school gossip is more fun to read now than perhaps the stuff that goes on now ;)

Man I remember going OFF on Shik like, was it 2 years ago because he cock blocked my seekers app :D

Oh those days of newbie drama

Lothbah
03-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Good read shik and wyvern~
Shik you still got the guide to killing Vulak lying around? would make for a good laugh

saardiart
03-16-2003, 08:36 PM
The tool who bought seren tried that same shit with me,about being the real thing, except he came to SH and said he was a different serendib <with same gear>from a different server.