PDA

View Full Version : Exp how is it divided in groups and raids?

hostyle
02-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Anyone have a link to anything explaining how xp is divided up in groups and raids?
Does anyone know the formula for dividing xp in groups raids?

Tilea
02-20-2003, 06:50 AM
the exp gets divided up between the whole raid now, which can consist of up to 72 people I think.

hostyle
02-20-2003, 10:55 AM
So you figure its pretty much an even percentage split for everyone involved in raid? Level would have nothing to do with the ammount of xp you are awarded?

Tilea
02-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Ummm.. it might, dunno. But the exp penalty for raids is pretty big, any level difference would be made pretty insignificant.

Karendra
02-20-2003, 11:46 AM
i dont think there is an xp penalty in raid. there is just no xp bonus there:)

hostyle
02-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Pretty good break down on XP if you follow the link.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/editorial/011401_EQ_Producers_letter.html

Cardinal
02-24-2003, 10:59 AM
... thats a very old posting, and there have been a million little tweaks through all the dozens upon dozens of patches since they published it.

Basically, there is a bonus for a single group exp, raiding cancels the bonus and exactly how the exp pool is affected is an unknown. Most likely there is some complex equation that factors in mob level vs. player level and exp generated etc.

There has to be some equation since lower level players on raids do get less exp based on some factor of the difference in character level. The rule that you only get exp for stuff killed in a group so long as the level difference is less than or equal to 1.5 x your level (ie. you must be lvl 40 to get exp grouped with a lvl 60) still holds to best of my knowledge.

The rule of thumb that you should kill critters +/- 5 levels of your own to maximize exp gain/risk still is kinda true (powerlevel twinks aside). Outside of that, who knows for sure the mystical ways Sony has layered tweak upon tweak on the code..... sometimes I doubt even the game designers know their product well enough to determine the effect of their never ending tweakage....

- Card

Daeryn
02-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I remember hearing the forumla is level / half + the half + 1.

So 34 / 2 = 17, 34 + 17 + 1 = 52.

Of course, they probably changed that tho.