PDA

View Full Version : Norah Jones

Lonskils
02-24-2003, 05:22 AM
Oh come on 8 grammys give me a break, I've listened to all her songs now. No way let me repeat that, no fucking way. Wonder if her knees are hurting and if she can sit down yet. I and probably half of the US have never even heard of her how the hell.

Just venting it just don't make sense, the Boss should have won everythig he was up for.

Vinen
02-24-2003, 07:47 AM
/scratches Head
who is Nora ~

Zeldapika
02-24-2003, 08:18 AM
I like her :( I did think she won a bit much though hehe

Zerixia
02-24-2003, 08:31 AM
I dont even know who the heck she was either o.0. Guess she isnt the kinda of music I listen to since I dont even know who the heck she is :confused:

hostyle
02-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Ugg Jazz/country, yuk

nwinn
02-24-2003, 09:00 AM
I like her! :D

And, it's really more of jazz/pop, hostyle... but for you, pop/jazz... :D

Rajakhan
02-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Lonskils
Wonder if her knees are hurting and if she can sit down yet.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhh.

Zobb
02-24-2003, 09:10 AM
The Grammys are a joke, they are so corrupt its not even funny. With enough money I could win a Grammy and I sound like one of the guys from the Worst of American Idol.

Juneau
02-24-2003, 12:51 PM
I went to High School with her, didnt know her very well, but dated a close friend of mine. She graduated the year after me from Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (I know thats a mouth full lol).

Ive not heard her stuff, but apparently was very talented even back then :)

Gemmi
02-24-2003, 02:11 PM
She is the daughter of Indian sitar guru Ravi Shankar and New York concert producer Sue Jones, and agree/ no way all those belonged to her!

Kaneis
02-25-2003, 02:08 PM
I had the same question: Who the fuck is Nora Jones?

Can't say that I could tell you the name of one song she sings, yet she wins 8 awards? HUH? :confused:

Talas
03-08-2003, 01:56 AM
Booker T is a good school :)

I knew quite a few really outstanding jazz musicians when I played with them in high school (and a few in college). The rest of them just seem to be pot-headed hippies :p

So, I guess my question to you is... who are you and what did you play at Booker T!?

I graduated in 1999 from Mansfield ISD which should have been in the same districts competition wise as you :)

nwinn
03-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, I like her lyrics, her voice, and the music, so pffft! :P

Zeldapika
03-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Just because you dont know her, doesn't mean she isnt good! It also doesn't mean you have to like her! hehe :)

Illegal
03-16-2003, 07:27 PM
who would you have rather won? eminem? avril lavigne? Nelly? plz.

It's a refreshing change of pace for the grammys, in the sense that at least it wasn't another mtv pop star grabbing those awards. I have mp3s from her on my comp dated may 29 2002 ( I also happen to own her "come away with me" cd. Highly unusual for me ), and I gotta tell you, whether she was well known or not before the grammys, I think she's worth it.

Yd.

saardiart
03-16-2003, 08:40 PM
come on Homer even won a grammy

Zoott Landerr
03-18-2003, 04:53 AM
Mmm I just got Norah Jones yesterday actually, and she is awesome! well I like music that is slower now and not so much back ground music crap going on that is stuped so I guess it
changes your aspect of good music, Like before I wouldn't prolly like her, but now she sounds so good its amazing!I listen to stuff like avril lavigne or emenem, don't get me wrong those guys are SUPERSTARS lol but the talent is like WHERE THE FX#% IS IT! I tell ya Superstars are not usually Talented! they just sell good!

then again I just spent 8k on a sound system so that can change the way you listen to music, makes stuff sound really good or really bad! It will change the way you listen to music IMO, most music that sounds good in a car won't sound that Impresive on a good Stereo system.. Its good but not Plesent to the Ear