PDA

View Full Version : -PoM flowers

Dharrk
08-23-2001, 03:15 AM
i noticed the self only change and well asked what was the deal

Absor responded and my post got on EQ Caster's Realm, well here it is : http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000288.html

Amberel
08-23-2001, 10:27 AM
bleh

Parak
08-23-2001, 11:14 AM
Feh

Slaznash
08-23-2001, 01:10 PM
Well...you could kind of see this one coming. Fire, magic, and cold were self only already. It made no sense to have poison and disease castable on others, and fire, magic, and cold not castable on others.

So VI had one of two choices. Make fire/magic/cold castable on others or make disease/poison not castable on others. Knowing VI as well as we do, you could pretty much guess what they were going to do even before they patched ;)

It's obvious the zone is not completed. They are continually making changes and the melee boxes, save monk, are still not implemented. Expect to see a lot of changes in the future now that more guilds are getting into PoM.

As it stands, PoM isn't really worth doing since the puppet nerf. Unless you have 100's of hours to waste in there its just not worth it until they complete the zone.

Slaz

Dharrk
08-23-2001, 02:51 PM
Good Point. Also speaking of not complete zone. There are bugs that result in 10kdmg. Also, if it happens to you and there is no cleric in zone, or not bound there, you are going to have to wait as the GMs refuse to help any 10k regardless of position as it is possible in some sections of the zone and PoM is a guide restricted area. Just thought I'd add that.

Torrid
08-23-2001, 05:08 PM
the flowers used to all be castable on others. Verant is just worried about them taking away the druid/shaman unqiue abilities to cast 45 resist buffs. Heh, If I were a dru/shm, I'd want flowers targetable...

Anyways, what is this puppet nerf?

Slaznash
08-23-2001, 08:55 PM
Well Torrid, for quite a while the only flowers castable on others have been disease/poison.

I've had 4/5 flowers for a few weeks now and the fire/cold were self only already. Then they made the only two remaining ones which were castable on others (posion/disease) self only as well in this most recent patch. Why they would do this in stages is just dumb.

As far as the puppet nerf.....Well the puppets used to basically only drop thrones and crowns. These dropped on a semi-regular basis. From what I understand, now they drop thrones VERY rarely and now often drop squires and sometimes knights.

Heres a link to that thread:
http://pub57.ezboard.com/ftheplaneofmischieffrm12.showMessage?topicID=16.to pic

So basically thrones are so freaking rare that its not even worth doing puppets. Your other choices for puppets are very slim and on a 13 hour respawn which makes it just crazy to do. I mean sure if you want to spend 100's upon 100's of hours doing the stuff.....I guess.

Slaz

Dharrk
08-26-2001, 04:48 AM
from Dharrk's Post

my post

plz clap for me :) i got on Caster's Realm

Inizen
08-26-2001, 07:50 AM
Your other choices for puppets are very slim and on a 13 hour respawn which makes it just crazy to do. I mean sure if you want to spend 100's upon 100's of hours doing the stuff.....I guess.

I think he meant "other choices for thrones" if you're confused =p

Slaznash
08-26-2001, 12:07 PM
ergh yah I did ;)

Lronius de la Mancha
08-27-2001, 02:44 PM
puh