PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking

Lronius de la Mancha
08-27-2001, 10:55 PM
http://members.home.com/lordinsane/images/sneaky.jpg

Lenain Easyspirit
09-14-2001, 07:41 AM
Can't see the picture, but I heard that you 'poof' when you sneak, so that is cool.
When I first saw the classes in DAoC I was immediately drawn to the Hunter class. I am a 58 level Ranger in EQ and I have NO intention of not being able to track again.. ask any Ranger.. you just miss it. So DAoC being a much different game than EQ anyway, I didn't think it was -too- cheesy to pick a class that seems more like the EQ Ranger than the actual Ranger in DAoC.

After soaking up all the info I could, I had visions of using sneak and hide to close in a band of adventurers, hide behind a tree (or maybe climb it, I dunno), target the healer, and let her loose. Critical Hit! Healer down! Hide behind the tree again (or skill hide) as the others look in every direction for me.

Apparently this was indeed happening with too great effect. They now have a 10 second wait before you can hide after. Still, I can't wait to use guerilla tactics such as these. Anyone have any experiences such as these?

Lronius de la Mancha
09-14-2001, 07:06 PM
Yeah I recently had to remove all of my random pictures for the war pics. Saturday I'll repost the old various ones (keeping a few choice war pics) and it should be updated for you. But essentially you are transparent sans your face to your realm. Other realms cannot see you period.