PDA

View Full Version : Wuwu...Final Four

Buazag Bonesteel
04-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Syracuse turning into quite the party town with our local 5 in the last stages of the big dance. Going out again tonight to couple Basketball with my ongoing mission to sample every beer known to man.

Some new ones I've tried recently.

~Stella artois....thanks for the tip guys...pretty decent for a pilsner
~Blue Moon...Quite good with an almost fruity aftertaste. Another belgian ale I believe.
~Molings...Celtic brew that was nice and smooth. Not quite a stout but still good and dark the way all my favorite beers are.
~O'Haras Stout...Similar to Guinness but with a slightly nuttier taste.....4 stars
~Old viking(?) Something like that anyway. Will probably steer me away from anything with Viking in the name in the future just as a precaution. Nasty flavor with a worse aftertaste
~Sam Adams winter brew....Can't believe I had never tried this before this year but the winter brew variety of sam Adams is by far my favorite. Very crisp and clean and not at all hoppy like their regular version.

Anyway this was supposed to be about basketball....go Cuse!!!:D

Lothbah
04-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Went down to Lawrence this morning. There were lines outside of EVERY bar and sports bar waiting for them to open up at 10am. The town is blue and red... Go Jayhawks~

Zeol
04-05-2003, 03:21 PM
go Syracuse!! where I'm from but going to college in Chicago.

Going to Hooters to get wasted and watch the games - good times.

Resident college drunkard,

Gemmi
04-05-2003, 04:03 PM
GOGOGO JAYHAWKS

Andriana Duskrose
04-05-2003, 04:21 PM
I don't watch baseball.

Dharrk
04-05-2003, 04:37 PM
because its not played on ice?

Lothbah
04-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Marquette got Bufu'd haha

GO JAYHAWKS ALL THE WAY!

Buazag Bonesteel
04-05-2003, 09:07 PM
There is far too much Jayhawk love going on in my SU/Beer thread :mad:

Sdace001
04-06-2003, 01:50 AM
I cant Believe I acually live in a state that has a good Team

Interx
04-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Hockey > All

Daisiee
04-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Fak Kansas. For the most part their fans are assholes and their mascot is a fag.

Sakekak
04-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Usually I don't give a damn about basketball, but yeah, seeing Syracuse make it to the championship game is pretty cool. Makes me miss home.

Buaz, wtf was that one bar in Armory Square with like 500 different kinds of beer? You'd have to live in that bar for a month to try them all... although I wouldn't put it past you. =)

Buazag Bonesteel
04-06-2003, 05:17 PM
The Blue tusk. We have a few bars with a large variety of brews on tap downtown. Will be heading back down tomorrow night for the big game.....should be fun....even if it snows again like it did last night :rolleyes:

Tarissa
04-06-2003, 06:29 PM
wtf is snow :(

Cardinal
04-06-2003, 09:44 PM
.. clap, clap... clapclapclap....

- Card
SU Class of '83

Zeol
04-07-2003, 08:50 AM
'83 You're old....

'04 IIT - MIT of the midwest! Would have gone to SU but IIT gave me full ride =/

Tilea
04-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Cool, a thread about beer that I didn't start!

Buazag Bonesteel
04-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Wow card....I was in 6th grade then :D

Think I'm going to hit The Empire room tonight. They make the best stout I've tried....better than Guinness or O'Haras. I've recently discovered that the 3(I think that's how many we have right now) microbreweries we have in downtown Syracuse make some excellent stuff.

Middle ages brewing co. has a really good amber bock and a decent pale ale.

Empire brewing has an incredible stout with a hint of chocolate. Best I've tasted as usually the ones with the chocolate flavor go overboard and ruin it.

Syracuse suds makes their own beer too but as far as I know it's for the bar only and they dont sell outside. They have a really tasty cherry wheat ale.

Add to the micros the 7 or 8 good bars....meaning quality atmoshpere...with a line of 25 or so beers on tap, and we have a veritable beer lovers paradise.

A few hours from now I'll be kicking back at Awful Al's whiskey and cigar bar on a comfy leather couch with a Guinness and a good cigar while I decide on darts or a game of pool to pass the time til the game ;)

It's not as good as actually being in New Orleans but it isn't a bad second place.

/cheers all

Hope you enjoy your evening as much as I am going to :) :)

Tilea
04-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Buazag, if you're a stout fan, you really need to try the St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout if you find it anywhere. Not sure how available it is outside of Canada.

Sakekak
04-07-2003, 01:01 PM
FU Buaz... as you sit and watch the game in the comfort of a leather sofa and double fisted beers be sure to remember your friends in the cement bunker/house in Cuba.

Oh, btw, Aurora & Sak > Buaz & Chris at darts. :D

Cardinal
04-07-2003, 01:08 PM
I am soo old that my freshman year at SU the basketball team played at Manley Field House, talk about rocking good times. SU was ranked #1 or #2 for a good part of that season and Manley was a small , small place with old styple collapsable bleachers. Stomping on them before the first basket was made, really rocked the place. The Dome was being built and was ready for the next year, it just wasnt the same.

Nothing like seeing SU v. Georgetown in a dinky little field house.... oh the memories......

Lets go ORANGE...

-- Card

Zeol
04-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Manly is old school . SU had such a killer record in there, that when they had to close the Dome few years back due to a huge snowstorm / collapsing the roof that SU's opponents complain they would be playing in Manly.

Middle Ages is a good microbrew. Bitter Beast is good stuff, I forget some of the other names of them. I plan to go on a tour of the place when I go back for the summer.

Buazag Bonesteel
04-08-2003, 11:18 AM
So like...wow. It is now Teusday afternoon and I am sure that somewhere downtown there is still a party going on heh. Awesome game and a truly fun night. We got 6 inches of snow but it didn't dampen the festivities one bit. Armory Square where I was got a little rowdy and we had some fun but the shots on the news of Marshall St. were insane. Must have been 10k people packed together there at least. Far as I know no one got hurt but for a few trees which is good ;o

I'm happy for the kids but even more so for Boehiem. He's been an outstanding coach for a lot of years and our whole community has been living with the bitter taste of the 87 championship loss for a long time. If there were any Boehiem doubters in the house, which there shouldn't have been, this should set them straight.

The only unfortunate part of the night was that I didn't get to try any new beers. Stuck with O'Haras and Guinness all evening :D

If any of you EQers with CNY roots out there ever do want to hang out, have a brew and shoot the shit (yes Maegwin you too ;o) drop me a PM. I'd leave my number here but these boards do tend to attract a few wierdos :D

Sakekak
04-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Buazag's number is 1-900-SEX-TROL

Buazag Bonesteel
04-08-2003, 02:02 PM
You bastard....now Vidmer is going to be calling me nonstop :mad:

,,I,,

Zeol
04-08-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm a weirdo plz post # kk thx