PDA

View Full Version : The Quicksilver Meat Dreams

Eomer
04-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Heh, bet that got yer attention! It's the name of the new I Mother Earth album. Most people here probably have not heard of them, as they are a Canadian band that has been quiet as of late. Their first album, Dig, was in '93, and it's an incredibly good CD. A little bit of funk, a teeeeeeny little bit of rapped lyrics, good guitar work (sometimes tons of effects etc, sometimes sounds like Santana), and good vocals. After their second album, Scenery and Fish, they had a falling out with their singer, who went off and did his own solo thing (now known as Edwin and The Pressure, good pop rock, chicks love him, hell I think I do too) and got some new newfie to join the band. Third album was god awful, just way too spacey and quite for my liking.

The new album seems to be really good. Only listend to it a few times, and a song called Juicy really really stood out. Overall they have dropped the funk and rap elements in the music, and are no more or less prog rock or something. Not sure how to define it. Some of the song titles are great, like Meat Dreams, Juicy, Soft Bomb Salad, and That's Quite An Erection Eric (that's actually just the name of part III of one really long track). I have no idea where these goofy song titles came from, their past albums haven't been like that. Although a few songs have been goofy (Raspberry off Scenery and Fish is apparently about falling love with a, uh, Raspberry. Like A Girl is about, well, being dressed like a girl by his mom).

So yeah, overall I am really liking a return to heavier, louder I Mother Earth. The packaging for the CD is also pretty cool looking.

Come to think of it, I am not even sure if this album will be available in the US or not. Later on I will slap Juicy on to my webspace so that any who are interested can give it a listen.

Eomer
05-18-2003, 12:32 PM
So I said I would post a song or two from the album. Here is Juicy:

This is one of the best songs on the CD, and easily the most accessible. Most of the other good songs are similar in length and structure to a Tool song, where they are long and take quite awhile to build up. If there is interest, I can post more of their new stuff, or some old stuff.

Give it a try if you like good rock/metal :)