PDA

View Full Version : free webhosting ! or Card's cobra...

Cardinal
04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Here !

Cardinal
04-23-2003, 12:22 PM
and

Cardinal
04-23-2003, 12:24 PM
here

Geranon Morrowind
04-23-2003, 12:31 PM
"I feel pretty, oh so pretty." - Anger managment

ITS BEAUTIFUL !! :D

Zeldapika
04-23-2003, 12:49 PM
actually thats from "A Westside Story" and nice car card! ;)

Zappo
04-23-2003, 12:59 PM
card should of got another pc/account imo

Daeryn
04-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Geranon Morrowind
"I feel pretty, oh so pretty."

actually I believe that was zappo in the burger king picture.

Tarissa
04-23-2003, 06:27 PM
what are cobra's stock HP? somewhere in the upper mid 300's?

Wups
04-23-2003, 06:57 PM
depends on year... 2003 and on had blowers stock which makes a big difference...

2003 is 390ish stock...
2001 is 320ish stock

or so they claim.... i think 2001s were lower like... prolly 290ish but I could be wrong... plus a pulley swap can get ya much more out of a 2003 :P

nwinn
04-23-2003, 10:20 PM
I'll take it, Light blue w/ white rag top and white leather interior please. :D

Cardinal
04-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Yea, '01's are 320 at the flywheel , they had a problem with '99 Cobra's only putting out 80% of the advertised power, had to redesign intake and exhaust (and retrofit those sold in '99 to meet the promised output). The problem was bad enough that they did not produce any cobra's for 2000. They actually understated the '01's horsepower a bit , mine dyno'd at 280 hp at the rear wheels, which translates to likely nearer 330 hp at the flywheel stock (rough rule of thumb is you lose about 15% of your flywheel hp by time the rubber hits the road... )

I've done some some tweaking, redid the exhaust, X-pipe & catbacks, and some tweaking with the intake and dyno'd at 298 rwhp, likely near 350 hp for a normally aspirated 4.6 L V-8 isn't too shabby. Its not a corvette, but it costs about $20k less and isn't made of fiberglass.... ;)

They stopped production after '01 to gear up for the introduction of the blown '03 version. The supercharged '03's are listed at 390, very underated HP may well dyno over 400 hp at the flywheel. Fastest production car under $40k ever sold in the US.

They never make very many cobras when they actually do produce them. Well under 5000 coupe's were made in '01, zero in '00 and '02, and I believe around 4000 or so in '03.

- Card

heh you should see what I did to the stereo....

Buazag Bonesteel
04-24-2003, 09:36 AM
I know pretty much dick about cars. My uneducated opinion is pretty much this.....it looks very cool :D

Now stereos on the other hand.....

I unfortunately have never had the appropriate car coupled with the appropriate funds to put a truly awesome sound system in but I have had several "far better than stock" systems put in my various piece of shit cars.

You know those cars you see on the road with the loud music blasting out that make you think..." Why the hell would anyone spend the money to put that kind of stereo in that piece of crap?"

Well that's me =D

As long as a car runs pretty reliably and gets me where I'm going that's generally enough. Absolutely must have a decent stereo though. Maybe someday I will have enough cash flow to buy an actual new car that looks good so my stereo won't seem out of place. So far I never felt justified in putting such a large percentage of my cash into a vehicle....and now that the company I worked for for 6 years closed the Syracuse plant and Im back in school I definitely won't be car shopping anytime real soon. When I do...I kind of like the looks of either a Pontiac Grand Prix or a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Totally different in most ways but both are sharp looking and reasonably priced (as cars go...they're all too gaddamn expensive) mid range cars.

Something like that Cobra....out of my league unless I win the lottery. I have too many other expensive hobbies to put that much into cars if I still feel like eating and having a roof over my head ;)

Lola
04-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Card... where the heck is your personalized license plate?

May I suggest:

The Fang
Cardinal (probably too big)
Big Ogre
Ogre
Gnm etr

nwinn
04-24-2003, 01:50 PM
if card's personalized license should be gnm etr, then karen's should be gnm mnchr! :D

Cardinal
04-24-2003, 03:09 PM
I am a tinkerer at heart spent good part of the summer gutting the interior of the car and layin cable putting speakers in, pretty much trashed my basement in ther process...

here's a shot at the front half of my amp rack and 4 crossovers on my workbench..

Cardinal
04-24-2003, 03:12 PM
as installed behind the backseat looking in from passenger door with back seat folded down....

Cardinal
04-24-2003, 03:15 PM
the flip side of the amp rack showing the subwoofer amp, and my own design sub woofer box sitting where my spare tire should be.... as view from the trunk....

zsar
04-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Save the gnomes =\

Nice car Card :D

Buazag Bonesteel
04-25-2003, 07:41 AM
OK....I looked at the car pics and had a fleeting thought of "hey cool looking car." Lasted about 5 seconds and I promptly forgot about it as cars in general aren't a hobby of mine.

That stereo on the other hand..../drool :)

I never really had the cash flow to really go all out with a good system. The best i had was still a work in progress at the time I totaled the car it was in. I had an Alpine amp myself.....they make really decent stuff for the price. Had a self made box also with 2 15' volcanos in a push/pull setup.

Hadn't quite finished putting the foam and whatnot in for dampening so the trunk of my assy little dodge shadow vibrated like a mofo =/

Even though I hadn't finished it it still sounded way better than the old stock bass tube that I had been making do with. Just thinking about it makes me want to work on a new one.

Sad thing is....I'm in the proccess of buying a car from my mother...a 91 mitsubishi galant. The whole time she's had it she's had the factory deck and only 2 front speakers. being a student with very little income right now I may have to just deal with what's there for a while. Christ but that's going to suck :confused:

Llain
04-28-2003, 07:54 AM
cars are bad, they drive you away from the computer.