PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting and Reflagging

Lola
05-09-2003, 03:30 PM
<a href="http://www.hossguild.com">Hoss</a> is currently 2 kills away from frolicking in the Plane of Time - Coirnav, and The Rathe Council. After playing with the Rathe, it has become obvious that it won't be happening with our current average raid numbers.

Thus, we are now accepting applications for a week of flagging (to begin the 20th of May), to get all of our guests flagged up to the elemental level.

We're looking primarily for the following classes: <b>CLERICS</b>, Bards, Clerics, Enchanters, Clerics, Warriors, Clerics, Rogues, Wizards, Paladins, and Clerics.

And for the following characteristics:

<ul>
<li>Independence, intelligence as applied to your class role. Example: When encountering a particular AE or effect, instead of asking "What does Lola's Wrath do", someone who looks it up on <a href="http://lucy.fnord.net/">Lucy</a>, and analyzes the best appropriate response for their role.
<li>Diligence: Being able to raid at least 5 nights a week, from 5-11 Pacific, no matter how many times you died in a humiliating manner the night before.
<li>Humor: Being able to enjoy dying in a humiliating manner over and over, and enjoy it! (Perhaps this should be Masochism, not Humor)
<li>Communication: Listening to instructions, responding quickly when necessary. Asking questions when unclear
<li>Maturity: We're not looking for people that act like children, regardless of their age. If your natural impulse is to whine, complain, and bitch without contributing constructively, we don't want you.
</ul>

So, now that you know why we want you, and what we're looking for, how about why you would want to join Hoss. What is being in Hoss like? I'm sure people have various preconceived notions which may or may not be close to the truth. So, please feel free to post/PM any questions and I'll post them here (anonymously) complete with answer!

<b>How is item distribution done?</b>

Asking this doesn't mean you're greedy - advancing your character is a key part of any RPG. Knowing that items gotten by a large group of people are fairly distributed is important. Hoss has an attendance and reward tracking system (by the one and only Vegar) - every raid you attend, and item you receive is recorded. There are no points associated with either.

Items are distributed by officer decision - they use the database (<i>heavily</i>) as a tool in distribution to see whether a person has been rewarded appropriately for their attendance (which is expressed as a percentage of raids attended) compared to others, while also taking into account subjective matters. (Example: MageA always sets up CoH before being asked, making raids go more quickly, and never complains bout it)

The database is open to all members, and helps serve as a protection against favoritism and bias in loot decisions - everyone can look at the same data the influences the final call. The officers gladly explain on request the reasoning behind any particular distribution.

The system is actually very favorable towards new, very high attendance members (especially compared to high-inflation point systems such as Afterlife's), for two reasons. First, we primarily look at percentage attendance over the last X raids. So even if a new member has significantly fewer total raids over the history of the guild, if they are on and contributing every night, they are well taken care of. Also, elemental patterns/molds are frequently going to twinks, secondaries, and guests - and even rotting now.

<b>Who is in charge?</b>

There's no "official" guildleader in Hoss, but Andaas is the one who does most of the work to keep the guild progressing, and makes sure raids are efficient and successful. Somehow, he's managed to do this and keep (most of) his sanity, and the yelling and screaming that is present in so many other endgame guilds is refreshingly absent. There are no obscenities or guilt trips if someone has to log for Real Life obligations, for example.

<b>What do you raid these days?</b>

When not working on Coirnav or the Rathe, we kill Xegony and Fennin Ro (both a lot of fun), or do the rings in EarthA, as well as the Fire/Water minibosses when nothing bigger is up.

<b>What if I don't meet the requirements?</b>

It depends. If you don't have any flags, as we said, it doesn't matter. If you don't have many AAs, go ahead and apply anyway - we will be watching your AA progress. If you can make at least 10 in a week while guesting with Hoss, then great - you'll be up to speed in no time. Equipment is not an issue obviously, since that's something we provide - what is nice though is seeing you make good decisions about what you're wearing now. In general, you're not doing any harm in applying if you don't feel you're qualified. You may be wrong, or we can point out what you specifically need to work on most.

To apply, cruise on over to the <a href="http://www.hossguild.com/forums/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=43">Membership Application Forum</a> and read the <a href="http://www.hossguild.com/forums/announcement.php3?s=&forumid=43">Joining Hoss</a> post

Trazz
05-09-2003, 04:15 PM
We're looking primarily for the following classes: CLERICS, Bards, Clerics, Enchanters, Clerics, Warriors, Clerics, Rogues, Wizards, and Clerics.

lol

Zappo
05-09-2003, 11:41 PM
lola,
the 1st line you made the word Hoss into a link
why is this?
if some one found this site and does not know how to find our home page they suck.

Crimsonbanshee
05-09-2003, 11:57 PM
maybe cause it was posted elsewere too po ? =p

zsar
05-10-2003, 12:51 AM
maybe because they're trying to confuse you

Ktul
05-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Lola
[B while also taking into account subjective matters. (Example: MageA always sets up CoH before being asked, making raids go more quickly, and never complains bout it)

[/B]

Hehe we have mages that do this? =p

Meezmore Mobz
05-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Great job guys. Will do alot to help out in your search.

It shows great leadership abilities to know when you are in need of assistance.

:)

Maelikki
05-14-2003, 06:26 AM
ye aquarius the pimp fasion gnome !
but he aint there anymore :(

gosh i remember that guy was in my 1st seb group weirdest group ever !
frostboz (wut hapened to hom aint seen him for ages)
toska
teutegnome
aquagnome

man i miss those times :/

Buazag Bonesteel
05-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Haha....I remember the pre Hoss Aquarius too. We had one of those really good Seb groups at the time when Seb was actually a little bit difficult.

After that group me and Tari got tells from him almost every time we logged on to try and set that group up again ;)

Then he went and joined Hoss and realized that EVERY xp group could be that good.

I miss Aquagnome :)

Geranon Morrowind
05-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Aquarius was a really really close friend of mine, good friends long before he got into hoss, and then we were guild mates, was really awesome, and he was a phenominal player.

Frostboo is actually still playing Maelikki, he's now playing a dwarf gnome named Austan. He and I are good friends and talk alot in game too... AND I AM NOT WEARING PAJAMA's.. kk thx.

Maelikki
05-14-2003, 11:45 AM
say hi to frosty for me !

and glad you finally got rid of your pyjamas !

sendain
05-19-2003, 04:54 AM
OMG 5 Nights a Week from 5- 11:00 Pm WCT NOOooooo

Lola
05-19-2003, 09:44 AM
NOTE: I'll be posting replies to applications and contacting people in game this afternoon and tonight. If, after about 10pm Eastern, you want to inquire about your status, send me a tell.

Lola
05-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Done. Unfortunately my sanity doesn't allow me the time to post replies to every app, except for those that we've decided to guest. Please feel free to contact me in IRC or in game though!

Succubbus
05-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Very productive day, got alotr of the flags out of the way that were hanging over my head, thank you /hug :)

sendain
06-03-2003, 09:39 AM
I wanna be Hoss

I think they're real cool

:p

Brillain
06-21-2003, 08:07 PM
How's it going friends =/

Darkstar
07-01-2003, 02:50 AM
Yea... Necros are kinda happy...

Icehealer
07-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Im a 65 cleric! I wanna be a hoss, there so hugable!

Ice

Brillain
07-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Since ya'll have weak blood i'am gonna remove the joke.

Brillain
07-14-2003, 10:48 PM
sexor me pls =)

Icehealer
07-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Me first sir!

:cool: Ice

Zeldapika
07-15-2003, 04:50 AM
use paragraphs sir! :p

Buazag Bonesteel
07-15-2003, 06:17 AM
Better yet....post your drivel in a place where someone who gives a shit might read it....if that is possible ;)

Icehealer
07-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Buaz your absolutely right, and right now I need a hug...zelda can I get a hug from you?

Ice

Buazag Bonesteel
07-15-2003, 09:08 AM
ZP is MAH huggybear ;)

Zeldapika
07-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Hugs all around!!!! :D

Brillain
07-15-2003, 10:43 PM
oh baby BOING !!!!

Icehealer
07-16-2003, 08:06 AM