PDA

View Full Version : I hadn't really listened to them in a while

Buazag Bonesteel
05-13-2003, 09:31 AM
But I just recently remembered that I kinda like Smashing Pumpkins. Just thought I'd share that :D

Zarxen
05-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Ohhhh ya, I love Siamese dream. So many good memories of when that album came out. It was constant play at friends and parties.

Faith no more and Mr. Bungle was some good stuff from those times aswell.

Eomer
05-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Epic is the best song evar.

Vinilaa
05-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah I like Smashing Pumpkins too

I thought they broke up :|

Buazag Bonesteel
05-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Faith no More and Blue Oyster Cult were standard cruising music when I got my first car ;)

Eomer
05-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Personally I preferred listening to Primus when driving in my car, mainly because it would piss virtually anyone else off that had to ride with me (I hated giving rides, since I was the first and nearly only person with a car).

"Dude, do we have to listen to this shit? The guy has the most annoying voice"

*close windows and turn on heater, just to reiterate my hidden message*

Zarxen
05-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Heh that's a irony. My best friend is a bass player and everytime we head out primus is often in the car cd-deck. Well the guy's bass skills are top notch, so I can understand his inspiration. It's pretty cool music, took me awhile to get into it but I like it.

Eomer
05-15-2003, 08:47 PM
I hated it at first as well, when a friend of mine introduced me to em back when I was in grade 8 (and first starting to get into listening to music). Up until that point I listened to mostly Tragically Hip, a bit of some old Aerosmith tapes my brother didn't want, and The Wall. I hated Primus at first, I thought it sounded like no-talent thwapping at instruments, and I couldn't stand the vocals. After awhile though, I started to dig it more. At about that time, AIC had also just come out with Jar of Flies. He played that once and I was hooked. To this day that album is one of my favorites, almost makes me wish all their stuff was that acoustic.

nwinn
05-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Vinilaa
Yeah I like Smashing Pumpkins too

I thought they broke up :|

They did, I think, Billy went to another band... they sound weird. :|

Kinthalas
05-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Yeah, Zwan is the name. I dont like them much heh.

Citidal
05-31-2003, 04:54 PM
I liked Zwan's first single "Honestly" enough to buy the CD, but still, it doesn't come close to classic Smashing Pumpkins. I agree with Zarxen - when "Siamese Dream" came out, it was all I listened to for like a month. I remember the video for that song "Rocket" and how creepy and surreal it was - kinda a predecessor to the one for SG's "Black Hole Sun".

Gotta say though, my favorite album was "Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness". Favorite songs would have to be "Tonight, Tonight", "Disarm", and "Today". "The End Is The Beginning Is The End", off the Batman & Robin soundtrack has a very cool sound to it as well.

nwinn
05-31-2003, 11:35 PM
'Honestly' reminds me of Everclear for some reason... I dunno but, I don't care for it much either, kinth. ><

Scrith
06-10-2003, 10:58 PM
I liked Gish. Siamese Dream was OK, but a step down in my opinion. Not much worth listening to since. :/

Lothbah
06-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Cherub Rock is a great song