PDA

View Full Version : Name/Leader change VS guild split

Lylala
09-04-2001, 12:53 PM
Ok, here's the deal with CN currently. In the next week, we may or may not become Novus Invictus. All that has changed within CN thus far is the person with GL position, which is now yours truly. Well, that and the fact that Kuru is not guilded :( Some members are wanting to change the name. So, considering that basically the ONLY diff between CN and NI will be the name, and one member -- will we keep our same rotation spots?

Andaas
09-04-2001, 01:25 PM
That's fine with me.. so long as another CN guild doesn't appear and demand those same rotation spots. If that were to happen, I would probably lean toward giving the CN named guild those rotation spots, and letting NI start anew.

Lylala
09-04-2001, 01:29 PM
Kuru had a temper tantrum and typed /guilddelete. He then got Coven restored by a GM, and transferred leadership to me. Then he deguilded. So if after we change our name, he happens to form a guild (Coven again), that should have NO bearing on the old CN who become NI. Kuru has never been in favor of the IGB (why do you think Ale, Myst, and I were the only CN reps here?) so IMO 'if' that happens, it should be treated the other way around. /shrug it may not happen that way anway, so I suppose we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Decadance
09-04-2001, 04:23 PM
i always thought you were the only reps here because kuru couldnt speak in anything but commands:D

Baramos1
09-04-2001, 10:47 PM
Since Kuru transferred the leadership to you, and since your guild comprises the meat of "old CN", then you should take the place in the rotation of CN, no matter what your name is.

If Kuru starts a new guild, it's going to be very unlikely that he'll get anything formidable, or substantial off the ground for quite awhile.

Mythic has no problem recognizing your place in the rotation, and I doubt it will come up as an issue anyway.

Good luck with the reset. Inertia is hard to overcome, initially, but I've seen other guilds on the server reset, and do an excellent job.

Baramos