PDA

View Full Version : daoc not enough content for end-game replayability?

Dindol
09-09-2001, 02:42 PM
Just got through reading a thread on noows foh board bout how it wont even dent everquest in terms of replayability and longetivity

any beta testers care to comment? I have high hopes for this game. main concern is level 50 replayability.

Eomer
09-09-2001, 11:57 PM
It's bunk that they are complaining about lack of high level content a month before release, IMO. For one, release may yet be delayed, and secondly, I don't know for sure since I wasn't around at the beginning, but EQ was quite lacking in high level raid oriented content at release as well. Were either planes open at release? I am pretty sure that Hate wasn't, and that Fear wasn't either. Naggy and Vox were added later too, or at least one of them was I think.

Give the game a chance to mature a bit before ripping into it, it's hard to compare a brand new game to one that is 2.5 years old, and has had so much time to matue.

Granted, it may fall flat on its face as well :).

Torrid
09-10-2001, 05:44 AM
Fear wasn't put in until 4-5 months after release. Hate was even later. Vox was even bugged for many months (suicided) so you couldn't kill her. EQ had jack shit early on

Ogor
09-10-2001, 08:39 AM
I remember having to hunt your own city guards because the lack of high end game. Mmm freeport...

Graystone
09-10-2001, 11:39 AM
Plenty of places to level to 50th early on. Most people were just to lazy to avoid the tempation of not killing the guards in freeport. Fast spawn. Easy CR. Good exp. Decent cash/lewt.

This is pretty much the same reason why Velks population is so high. The front spiders are blue to 60th. Easy to kill, etc. Its become the new sebillis/kunark.

Lronius de la Mancha
09-10-2001, 05:00 PM
Pretty much what everyone siad before me holds true. EQ had it's issues when it first came out.

I will comment on this. The game is still in beta. FoH is in Midgard, which currently, is in serious need of the nerf stick. The realm we're in Albion currently has some of the high level areas entered, but not finalized. The game isn't done. It is still beta. If it were release, I could see these concerns, but it's beta. So take what they say with a grain of salt.

They are working hard, most of the games bugs are currently fixed (besides ones they accidentally impliment per patch). Right now they are mostly working on content of the game, so be at ease.

Lenain Easyspirit
09-14-2001, 07:31 AM
I am anxiously awaiting DAoC as well but have a nagging worry about the 'endgame' as well.
A certain other MMORPG (ok Everquest) stated many times at the very beginning and before the games release that they were going to be commited to expanding and adding content. I have not really heard of this from DAoC developers and I wonder if the backstory of the game will hinder them. This is a different type of game. You can't add something to one realm without having 2/3 of your player base screaming that they want it too.
More classes or realms seem RIGHT out. Thank goodness that there are plenty of really interesting classes per realm.

I really hope that the game is not designed to make you pay your dues and cut your teeth in the level 20 and below game, then it just becomes an RvR deal. Really hope the content is there and I am worrying over nothing. Any quotes or links that say anything on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, CN seems to be going mainly Midgard if you didn't know or were wondering.

Lronius de la Mancha
09-14-2001, 07:10 PM
You can level to the upper 40's without ever stepping foot into rvr territory currently.

Currently the level 20 and below game has the most content of all. 20-35 Content is currently in that we are testing (including epic quests, bounty quests, places to hunt, and pvp action). From talking to other beta testers the 35+ content, it's still being worked on and added currently. This includes Quests and the like.

From what I've also been told, apparently Mythic could be holding back on a lot of quests and content for post production (I.e. it'll be on the cd when shipped) that won't be in Beta because they don't want the players to have been there done that in their home realms.