PDA

View Full Version : 2 fast 2 furious!

Vestax
06-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Has Anyone in the states seen it yet?! is it better then the first! give me info!

Talas
06-12-2003, 03:07 PM
gogo rice burnerz!!

Loniel Bonewalker
06-12-2003, 04:29 PM
ALOT better than the first, also lot more diversisty with cars like the skyline and whatnot lot better movies and lot better story line imo

Lexoon
06-12-2003, 04:33 PM
it's fucking gay cuz they use CGI for the fucking car scenes

Loniel Bonewalker
06-12-2003, 04:45 PM
BUT the beauty of the mustang getting crushed underneath the mac trucks was no cgi made it worht my money :p

Lilcix
06-12-2003, 05:00 PM
I screamed and shed tears after I saw the previews during a movie when the saleen got ran over. Hit close to home ;p

oh well, about to get a '71 red t-top stingray

r.i.p - black beauty *cry*

*edit* stringray has more HP than my s281 did...gd

Zarxen
06-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Surprisingly enough, it's been getting not bad reviews. John Singleton( Boyz in the Hood, Shaft) directed which makes me interested for a rental anway.

There is no Vin Diesel this time. He wanted 20 million for the pic and the studio flat out said "thx but no thx". Good for them I say.

Vanuiil
06-12-2003, 05:55 PM
I liked the first one better.

Rhedd
06-12-2003, 05:56 PM
There was actually no CGI used in the film

Eomer
06-13-2003, 07:23 AM
they use CGI for the fucking car scenes

how else do you expect them to show cars coppulating?

Buazag Bonesteel
06-13-2003, 08:34 AM
I will probably see it at some point. The first one didn't seem at all like the kind of movie I would like. I'm not a car freak by any stretch of the imagination and an entire movie dedicated to drag racing etc seemed like something I wouldn't be into. I just happened to catch it when it was on cable like 17 times a day and I was in a movie watching mood. Much to my surprise I really liked it and have even seen it several more times. Not really sure why either....just a good mix of action and decent storyline I guess. So maybe I'll find time in my schedule to go spend a few bucks on actually seeing this one in the theater.

Dyers
06-13-2003, 08:35 AM
fuck a.. fast and furious ;p

it gave every white trash nobody with a rice burner in my town a reason to try and show off and think that they where cool...

*h8*
________
Arizona Medical Marijuana (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

Kattoo Tacit
06-13-2003, 09:55 AM
It falls into the wait for dvd catagory for me.

Loniel Bonewalker
06-13-2003, 12:00 PM
blah whats wrong withs howing off your car?

Vidmer
06-13-2003, 12:11 PM
From the previews I have seen this looked like it could potentialy be the worst movie of the year.

Loniel Bonewalker
06-14-2003, 12:41 PM
wut j00 sir are crazy:p

Myztlee
06-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Rhedd
There was actually no CGI used in the film

Well, the trailers really look like there is heavy use of CGI. The cars racing around the streets look pasted into the shot, don't fit in at all. But I haven't seen the film itself (nor will I), but I'd be very hard pressed to believe they didn't use CGI a lot. The mustang getting crushed did look real, I believe that was practical, but a lot of the other stuff looked badly faked.

Daisiee
06-14-2003, 11:52 PM
I can't belive they made a sequel from a shitty fucking movie like the 1st one. Falls under the wait till its out on starz then just maybe watch it.

p.s. cars with wings are gay.

Lexoon
06-15-2003, 12:56 AM
i have wings :D:D:D:D?

Vanuiil
06-15-2003, 07:37 AM
hehe call it shitty all u want, but people who like to see the cars/races will probably like it whether the story sux ass or not.

Buazag Bonesteel
06-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Funny the difference in people's opinions on so many things. I actually really liked the first one and I am totally not a car junky. Seemed to me to have a decent plot and kept me entertained throughout.

To each his own I guess :)

Eomer
06-15-2003, 12:06 PM
One thing I don't get is why people have such a hatred for Vin Diesel all of the sudden. I haven't seen any of his recent movies, but he was fucking awesome in Pitch Black, which was a surprisingly good movie I thought. His small part in Shaving Ryan's Privates was pretty competent too, I think.

I talked to a friend who saw 2 Fast 2 Furious and he said it wasn't all that good, cause the cars weren't as cool and the plot was absolutely retarded. And for reference, he is Vietnamese and drives a riced up Acura.

Zarxen
06-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Sure enough he was effective in those pictures. I don't think he deserves 20 million for a sequel to the fast and the furious though. The action star salary which got way out of hand in the 80's and 90's with Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise, Swarz and especially Stallone needed to change. I think what bothers people is someone that young to cinema( having a total of maybe 5 screencredits) and wanting that much money allready.

Vestax
06-15-2003, 02:35 PM
its out friday 20th! will see it like 4 times over the weekend at least! k!

Loniel Bonewalker
06-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Personally I think the cars were 10 times better than the first but I guess its all in what you like.

Tilea
06-16-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Zarxen
[BThe action star salary which got way out of hand in the 80's and 90's with Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise, Swarz and especially Stallone needed to change.[/B]

I'm pretty sure Keanu Reeves got around 20 million for each Matrix sequel.

And forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a rice burner? Sounds like a stir fry left on the stove for too long. :|

Daisiee
06-16-2003, 07:01 AM
A Rice burner is a car that runs on rice AKA Rice Rocket AKA Rice Grinder.

Vinen
06-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Friends harass me and call my WRX a Riceburner :|

Tilea
06-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Daisiee
A Rice burner is a car that runs on rice AKA Rice Rocket AKA Rice Grinder.

Ok I still don't get it, unless it's a slang for any kind of japanese car or something.

Eomer
06-16-2003, 07:36 AM
It's slang for a souped up import car is all. Most souped up imports are Asian in origin, as anyone with the money to buy say, an M3 or SL500 also has the common sense and taste to not ruin a perfectly good car with 200lbs of fiberglass. Therefore the term Rice Rocket. Most of the guys around here driving them are asian as well.

Gryfalia
06-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Ok, skipping the quality of the movie in general.

The name is just painful...

Gryfalia

Bram
06-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Wot?!?!? Some fuzzy-faced student has my WRX?!?!? Damn, now I gotta go be depressed :D :D :D

Varran
06-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Sidetrack a sec :
sadly in Canada good luck buying an M3... waiting list on em is 2-3 years depending on your area of the country unless you want to buy used. Weirdly enough can buy an M5 in less than a week... it may be the extra 50k, not really sure. But only a crazy person spends that kinda money on a car.

Daisiee
06-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Drive to america and buy one varran =o

Varran
06-16-2003, 04:14 PM
nah.. got a nice one instead...a car so beautiful it even got me outta a speeding ticket :)

but enough on that silly topic

Eomer
06-16-2003, 08:04 PM
Wrong man, my bro got one in a few months. Ordered sometime at the beginning of the year, and it got in about 2 weeks ago. We have the Bavaria BMW gift basket at the office to prove it!

And btw, 2-4 months is pretty typical when you order a car from the factory.

Varran
06-16-2003, 08:31 PM
the M3?

I tried that... they said they couldn't deliver it to any dealerships in Canada due to severe shortages... they only allot so many for the country and all are sold until the next model.

Had to get something a bit different, glad about my choice and all, but woulda liked the M3...

The one I got knocks the doors off the M3 anyways =)

Dharrk
06-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Varran's car is a 1979 Lincoln Towncar

Daisiee
06-17-2003, 05:43 AM
1979 Lincoln towncar came in like rust red, rust brown, rust orange, and faded black. Anyways Cadillac > Lincoln.

Eomer
06-17-2003, 06:48 AM
Yeah man, a 2003 M3. I never heard my brother mention anything about shortages or having sold their allotment for the year. Buying a Nissan 350Z around here is pretty tough, as the dealerships have already sold all their 2004's, however I haven't heard anything about M3's.

And what did you buy that can blow the doors off an M3?

Zappo
06-17-2003, 06:54 AM
http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_64ef304047f27d45318e48fc25228139/i-1_B.JPG
i got some leggos together and made me a car..
i also added a rainbow death-ray

Loniel Bonewalker
06-17-2003, 12:28 PM
varran bought a geo metro it destroys a M3!:p

Bignaztee
06-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Only got one question about all the ppl in this movie...
Have any of them even been in a car with NoS?

Azis

Varran
06-17-2003, 12:50 PM
mmmm geo...

do they even make those things still?

I have a ford pinto.. gonna put some NOS in the trunk tho, I found that it wasn't explosive enough. If that doesn't work gonna buy a pontiac fiero, and put NOS in that... gotta love a car that spontaneously catches on fire.

sendain
06-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Hey Varran i love my Ford pinto

Eomer
06-17-2003, 01:43 PM
lol, personally I would have to say my favorite kind of car is an old Fiero with a Countache kit on it. There is one around here, and the guy who drives it doesn't seem to realize that even though his car LOOKS like a Lamborghini, it actually performs like, well, a Pontiac. He frequently tries to race people for some retarded reason, when his car is probably slower than a stock Fiero cause of all the weight.

Overall, it's pretty damn funny, because I am sure that the guy gets tons of chicks who are too clueless to notice that he didn't even change the interior at all either (Pontiac symbol right on the steering wheel). I am sure he gets laid on a regular basis because of his piece of shit car.

Of course, if you want to have a lot of fun for little outlay, you can always buy an old Chevette, installe a roll cage and harness, and find a nice frozen lake to race on: http://www.wcma.ca/corner1.htm

Good times!

Talas
06-17-2003, 04:11 PM
yea, a rice burner is a slang term for a "hopped" up import. Generally because the only thing added onto the car was that giant exhaust that makes huge noise, but doesn't increase any overall power (unless you are counting decibles, hehe).

Dharrk
06-17-2003, 04:43 PM
I drive a 1989 Blue Mercury Cougar. The windows stopped working and my starter is almost dead. It also has a sweet, very loud rattling noise that distinguishes it from any other car on the road.

Loniel Bonewalker
06-18-2003, 07:14 AM
I previously drove a 240sx till someone decided to rap me now im driving my computer chair for now:p

Cardinal
06-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Ricer = $5000 used Honda civic throw on a set of non-fitting low profile chrome wheels, an oversized muffler that looks like it could swallow a watermellon ( rant on - sad to see those fat mufflers on cars, don't people realize that just because you put a 6" diameter exhaust tip on the end of your muffler YOUR CAR IS NOT FASTER ! These silly 4 bangers sill have 10 feet of 1.5" diameter exhaust pipe running up to the engine, oh I forgot, they want their pathetic little 1.5L civics to SOUND like they are a big iron V-8 .... ) , add gobs of clear lensed tail lights, inordinate numbers of stickers decals and frilly things all in the hopes of looking way cool to the legion of Britany Spear wanabe's ....

. . . doubly cool to watch them blow their engines apart using self installed NOX gear ....

- Card

P.S. Oh the joys of genuine V-8 torque ....
http://www.hossguild.com/forums/attachment.php3?s=&postid=76733

Dharrk
06-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Maddox's Article on what people do to Civics (http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html)

Inizen
06-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Despite all the hate for the TFTF fanboys that just put wings and ugly rims on their cars, there ARE some people that genuinly can make a 4 (or often 6 in the case of the true import sports cars) cylinder car can be incredibly fast. Usually they don't look all that special and they don't usually race every person they see. Often times a turbo-all-wheel-drive four cylinder can outrun a huge rear-wheel-drive v8, they are super-light and the traction tends to be much better (handling included).

I actually prefer muscle cars, they are a ton more fun to drive, you can't beat the deep rumble of a corvette (especially a supercharge z06). But don't think every person that's modded an import car is slow. Not to say it isn't fun to make fun of the real ricers, which are quite amusing (one guy on a web page listed his "red-top battery" as a "mod")

Eomer
06-18-2003, 11:52 AM
heh, that's the thing though, of all the Rice Rockets buzzing around, maybe 1 in 20 is actually even a little bit faster than a stock version of the same car, and 1 in 100 is actually a serious threat to even a Mustang, let alone a real sports car. I mean christ, the amount of time, money, and effort it would take to make a Neon (those seem to be getting more popular for ricers, god knows why), Cavalier, or any number of Japanese imports into a decently performing car would be much better spent on busting your ass and saving the cash for a real car.

The vast majority of Rice Rockets are all about image and "coolness", and have done nothing to improve performance.

Strahd
06-18-2003, 02:00 PM
I forget the name, but the supercharged Neon that was released is fairly fast... It is sad to see some of the crap people do to their cars... I think the worst I saw lately was an tri-color beretta, with a huge GT wing... Thats ok tho, its their car, do what they will. Fear a skyline, the new STI, or a supra though, those are some fast cars, stock... and real scary when mod'd well, but... they're fairly rare, skylines especially since you'd have to import the bastard, or buy an infiniti G35, since it basically is a skyline. I say, buy a CRX for like 2000 bucks, buy an integra GSR engine, and have yourself a nice 180hp or just get a b16...160hp, vtec havin, 2000lbs car, with mad handling =D and go autocross!

Eomer
06-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I think that Neon is supercharged, but it might be turbo. It's got over 200hp anyway, which I guess it pretty decent. However, it's still a fucking Neon :D.

And yeah, the top end Japanese sports cars are quite good, I agree. However, what I said above still applies: most of the people with the money and taste to buy one of those cars isn't dumb enough to wreck the car with 200lbs of fiberglass.

Varran
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
I think the worst are those stupid bastards that buy a 100+ thousand dollar car then modify it. Like using mod chips etc. to beef up already scary performance.

Just silly if you ask me

Elidroth
06-18-2003, 03:23 PM
When I used to race my Vette.. I never worried about the idiot with the 4" exhaust (bumblebee in a can muffler), the stickers, the bookshelf wing (on the REAR of a FRONT drive car no less), and the various guages attached to the A-pillar.

The REALLY scary guy was the absolutely clean looking Supra, with the bigger tires, no stickers, nothing to give away the fact that he's sitting on 750rwhp and can pull 10 second 1/4 miles EASY.

My car was obvious. It was loud and very fast. If you're racing for money, this is NOT the car you want. You want the sleeper that nobody knows anything about.

And for the records.. Street racing is just about the dumbest fucking thing you can do in a car.

Elidroth
06-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Eomer
I mean christ, the amount of time, money, and effort it would take to make a Neon (those seem to be getting more popular for ricers, god knows why), Cavalier, or any number of Japanese imports into a decently performing car would be much better spent on busting your ass and saving the cash for a real car.

The guys I know who've worked on Neons don't turn them into drag cars, they turn them into SCARY fast, insane handling Auto-cross cars, where top end speed is irrelevant. They can be made into really good handling machines.

Lilcix
06-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Im usually cautious around celicas. I've seen a couple hit the 1/4 in quick times at the El Cajon Speedway

Lilcix
06-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Fun to watch those guys race the 3/8 loop. They handle really well

Loniel Bonewalker
06-18-2003, 04:28 PM
the new neon doesnt even go by the neon name more over the SRT-4 which is turbo. I have driven em they are insanely sick and one of the newest sleeperes they have no fast look nothing but can blow teh doors off alot of cars.

oh and skyline > all muscle cars

just my opinion of course though :p