PDA

View Full Version : Practice

Peotr
06-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Since this is the General thread, I will be vague.

Last night we demonstrated the good and bad of a portion of a strat, and I would say we learned a lot. However, before we invest another large block of time in another attempt, I would like to practice the other half of the strat.

I would rather come in early, set up one of the other mobs, and get some practice / tempo / feel for how the other part of the strat works. I was in Vidmer's group Thursday night, and although I am certain it can be done, we didn't do it. We lost both Vidmer and Crimson, and I think we were the only group that got a chance to practice.

I wanna know my positions and get a feel for my ranges and how long I can last. I want to know how far apart the groups need to be.

-- Peotr

P.S. I realize I am asking people who I would practice with to die, but I honestly don't care how many times I die, it's all fun, and I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this way. I do think, though, that knowing is going to help alot.

nwinn
06-14-2003, 04:08 AM
My group the first night was... thuggo, amadis, umm me, and gukaistar (i think), and... two clerics but I don't remember who (maybe haikken was one?)>< We did actually get to tank something a couple times, also. It seems like a few things really need to happen:
1- clerics need to setup some sort of rotation. Lexi's group had one doing a small heal on inc while another starts a ch, then 5 second rotation from there out.
2- your entire group needs to be ready for any member to get shadow stepped.
3- the clerics should definitely have an ER or Druzzil's Distance item to make absolutely sure that you're out of the AE, even if you don't notice a slight push towards you, and still be able to heal/cure. I guess it's not too big of a deal if you get the AE but, it seems best for anyone who can to avoid it if at all possible.

That's all I can think of right now. :)

Zappo
06-14-2003, 04:16 AM
this is the general threat thingy! OMG

Dharrk
06-14-2003, 01:01 PM
This thread > The Safehouse strats :P

nwinn
06-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Oh like it really matters :P Someone could figure out everything I said the first time they see the councilmen, just like I did. ;)

Tilea
06-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Peotr, I read over this thread many times, trying to analyze exactly where the weak point in the strategy is. I went over many possibilities and scenarios, and I believe with about a 99 percent accuracy that I found the major flaw in your strat:

Originally posted by Seanreisk
Vidmer