PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism in The United States

Fizbain
09-11-2001, 09:50 AM
This thread is dedicated to those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks made against the World Trade Center, Pentagon and the lives of those aboard the hijacked planes. This is also for the families of those victims and to the people who are putting their lives on the line to rescue and treat as many as possible. May those that perished rest in peace.

9/11/01 will long be remembered...

Stephin
09-11-2001, 09:57 AM
My heart goes out to those who lost family and friends.

Ken Dyer
Stephin

Lronius de la Mancha
09-11-2001, 04:13 PM
Speechless.

Phaera
09-11-2001, 07:16 PM
My prayers go out to the families and friends of those deceased, as well as thought that were injured. It is heartbreaking. :(

Slaznash
09-11-2001, 08:27 PM
Echoing others, my deepest sympathies to anyone involved in this incident.

As the admiral of the japanese fleet that bombed pearl harbor said though "I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant."

Slaz

Mcpickle
09-11-2001, 08:55 PM
First reaction was grief. Then I saw the video clip of the Palistines celebrating and passing out candy because of the blow to American Oppression I got pissed. Its time america starts to use the muscle it so often flexes.

Torrid
09-12-2001, 12:25 AM
People who cheered this shit make me fucking sick. The people who died did NOTHING to them or their country or anything. Just plain evil from any perspective.

Eliyahu
09-12-2001, 09:58 AM
As a red blooded American I not only feel the deep loss of both the people and the monuments, but also the feeling of vengeance that must be carried out on those people responsible. This means any country that knew about, aided, or otherwise was privy to information that could have allowed us to avoid this act of hatred and cowardice. I am willing to commit to anything deemed necessary to see this vengeance carried out. I will even sign myself up to go fight if that is needed. No country or group of people can inflict this type of injustice on America and hope to avoid the devastation that will be wrought on their lives in the name of vengeance. I am not opposed, rather I am totally for destroying the last remnant of the group responsible for this - to the point of total eradication. These people deserve nothing less and in fact deserve more.

These are my personal feelings and I can only hope that the nation shares them to the extent that we can present a united front to the world. We will overcome this and we will prosper.

Eliyahu :mad:

Strahm
09-12-2001, 05:10 PM
I have posted on a few other boards on this subject and it hits deep. Not only for the sheer surrealness of the situcation and the immesuarable turmoil it has created, but the excuse that is used in it all. The terrorist group did it for some cause of thier own, but in the news to see little Palastinian children in the streets cheering on the destruction while the men drive the streets rousing people at the accomplisment of what God has done to the evil Americans. What thousands of years of war has done to the Palastinians is just this, and will be the cause of retaliation in the future to the religion if their government dosen't stop thier wars. It has spawned the "right" to war over people who are considered evil, that they have done a justice for God. This behavior has created these groups within its borders and act upon thier own wills and prejudice. Even the Jew knows that God dose not promote mass murder, no matter how they precieve the cause or reason.

Remember, this nation was built on the teachings in the bible and can be found within the Constitution of the United States. The country was founded by God worshiping people and see how it has prospered over the years compared to the rest of the world. We have freedom, liberty, personal rights, democratic government, and overall a succcessful country to say the least in anyones terms. These days will end when we turn away from the foundation in which this country was built. Whenever you forget what that is, take a look at your wallet and what it says on the currency and hold in your hand. In God we trust... we trust him, because as you can see, theres no way to stop this type of destruction in our country no matter how we try.

Mcpickle
09-12-2001, 10:07 PM
I would like to bring up another point real quick after todays events at my university.

Walking in the commons area of the university I witnessed people of American and African American descent taunting an Arabic student and generally putting the responsibility on him for the happenings of yesterday. This .. well sheer ignorance is seriously the LAST thing we need. For the love of god do not start blaming people for this just because of their ethnicity. Everyone is feeling anger right now and directing it towards our friends/neighbors just weakens us, which is exactly what the terrorists want.
Remember these people are the same as you and I and just because a few members of their ethnic group took it upon themselves to commit this heinous crime does not make them at any way responsible... they care just as much as we do believe me. My lab partner is from Afghanistan and he organized a candle light walk tonight.

- Mcpickle Deluxe

Terenae
09-14-2001, 10:17 AM
Not sure if anyone else has read this..

By Leonard Pitts Jr.
Syndicated columnist / Seattle Times

They pay me to tease shades of meaning from social and cultural issues, to provide words that help make sense of that which troubles the American soul.

But in this moment of airless shock when hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the only thing I can find to say, the only words that seem to fit, must be addressed to the unknown author of this suffering.

You monster. You beast. You unspeakable bastard. What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's attack on our
World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was, please know that you failed.

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause. Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve. Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.

Let me tell you about my people. We are a vast and quarrelsome family, a family rent by racial, cultural, political and class division, but a family nonetheless. We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending tremendous emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae, a singer's revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse.

We're wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availability of trinkets and material goods, and maybe because of that, we walk through life with a certain sense of blithe entitlement. We are fundamentally decent, though - peace-loving and compassionate. We struggle to know the right thing and to do it. And we are, the overwhelming majority of us, people of faith, believers in a just and loving God.

Some people - you, perhaps - think that any or all of this makes us weak. You're mistaken. We are not weak. Indeed, we are strong in ways that cannot be measured by arsenals.

Yes, we're in pain now. We are in mourning and we are in shock. We're still grappling with the unreality of the awful thing you did, still working to make ourselves understand that this isn't a special effect from some Hollywood blockbuster, isn't the plot development from a Tom Clancy novel.

Both in terms of the awful scope of its ambition and the probable final death toll, your attacks are likely to go down as the worst acts of terrorism in the history of the United States and, indeed, the history of the world. You've bloodied us as we have never been bloodied before.

But there's a gulf of difference between making us bloody and making us fall. This is the lesson Japan was taught to its bitter sorrow the last time anyone hit us this hard, the last time anyone brought us such abrupt and monumental pain. When roused, we are righteous in our outrage, terrible in our force. When provoked by this level of barbarism, we will bear any suffering, pay any cost, go to any length, in the pursuit of justice.

I tell you this without fear of contradiction. I know my people, as you, I think, do not. What I know reassures me. It also causes me to tremble with dread of the future.

In days to come, there will be recrimination and accusation, fingers pointing to determine whose failure allowed this to happen and what can be done to prevent it from happening again. There will be heightened security, misguided talk of revoking basic freedoms. We'll go forward from this moment sobered, chastened, sad. But determined, too. Unimaginably determined.

You see, there is steel beneath this velvet. That aspect of our character is seldom understood by people who don't know us well. On this day, the family's bickering is put on hold. As Americans we will weep, as Americans we will mourn, and as Americans, we will rise in defense of all that we cherish.

Still, I keep wondering what it was you hoped to teach us. It occurs to me that maybe you just wanted us to know the depths of your hatred.

If that's the case, consider the message received. And take this message in exchange: You don't know my people. You don't know what we're about. You don't know what you just started.

But you're about to learn.

Vinilaa
09-14-2001, 10:29 AM
I found it quite appropriate.

I believe in peace. I preach peace. I hope for a world where peaceful solutions are found to resolve conflicts but terrorism cannot and should not go unpunished.

We must strike back but in doing so, let us not become like those who attacked us. We are better than that. Our anger must be tempered with justice.

Peace.

Amberel
09-14-2001, 10:49 AM
Vini, I couldn't have said it any better if I tried

Rhedd
09-14-2001, 12:13 PM
I feel for everyone involved in this tragedy.
America is strong and we will get thru this.
Good post btw Tere

Elidroth
09-14-2001, 12:55 PM
To everyone in ToV last night when I got the bad news about my cousin..

GOOD NEWS!!

He was found in a hospital in NYC with broken leg and other bumps and bruises. Seems after getting out he went back in to help after the WTC fell, but didn't think to call anyone and let them know he was OK.

Elidroth

Andaas
09-14-2001, 01:54 PM
Great news Elidroth. Its always nice to hear about something good happening after such a tragedy.

Sourcelery
09-18-2001, 02:10 PM
That's outstanding news Elidroth. An old friend of mine's brother worked in the WTC for a few years, so naturally I called my friend up as soon as I could to find out if his brother was ok. Thankfully, he'd been transferred to Connecticut three weeks earlier.

Watching those buildings collapse still puts a lump in my throat. I hope none of you were personally affected by it, but if you were, you're in my prayers.

God bless and godspeed to those in the military that will be called upon to obliterate those cowardly bastards.

Sourcelery Soulphire
55th Human Magician
Druzzil Ro

Char
09-28-2001, 07:21 PM
Thats wonderful to hear Elidroth. Like Andaas stated we all need to hear some good news with all the horror the media keeps bringing us on TV. Even 17 days later i turned on the TV to dateline and news channels still broadcasting disturbing stories and keeping us on our toes about military action, I just hope all ends up well. We all know there is enough insane zealots to take bin Ladin's place if we do in fact find him. heh i say just let Jesse Jackson go and let him work his magic hehe (=.

Ogor
10-01-2001, 06:43 PM
>Nods in respect.