PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Hoss.

Marlox
06-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to say to Everyone that is associated with Hoss Congrats On Entry into Plane of Time. And to kill the Rathe im 7 attempts is pretty damn good i think. But once again Congrats to all of you.

Marlox Stormfire
64 Druid of Tunare

Tilea
06-28-2003, 12:52 AM
Thank you :)

Kindrick
06-28-2003, 04:33 AM
Would also just like to drop an big congratulations to you guys in Hoss. Now go kick time's ass.

Speathdell
06-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Grats HOSS :D

Buazag Bonesteel
06-30-2003, 06:07 AM
<3 Speathdell :)

Speathdell
07-11-2003, 01:59 PM
/wave buazag and the other old igs :)

Rhedd
07-11-2003, 02:08 PM
I HATE HOSS THEY SUCKS =\

Speathdell
07-11-2003, 02:10 PM
They play EQ ?! ;)

Lilcix
07-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Damn, last time I heard the name Speathdell was when I had my druid Cixo.

Speathdell
07-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Yea and thats long ago :D

Brillain
07-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Wtg guys

Luuc Up
07-15-2003, 05:00 AM
Welcome to stage 4!

Tilea
07-15-2003, 06:50 AM
We got Saryrn to 1 percent last night then died :eek:

Luucas Maximus
07-15-2003, 02:28 PM
You know, sometimes I think that last 1 percent is some cruel feature that in fact is more indicative of like 10%. I've seen TT get to 0% and not die 3 times. I guess it's the style of fight where the odds against you just grow and grow. yay dps fights :rolleyes:

Dharrk
07-15-2003, 02:35 PM
lol, Luuc posted from two different accounts in the same day.

Luucas Maximus
07-15-2003, 02:46 PM
aha - Very observant! I wondered how I jumped from 6 to 16 posts in one day. Thought I was going mad in the head. Must be different cookies between work and home :)

Tilea
07-16-2003, 06:51 AM
Well Saryrn's dead now :D Slackers too lazy to update our web site though. As for mobs at 1 or 0 percent - one of the first attempts we took at Bertox in decay, we lost with him at 0 percent. hehe. So now "Bertoxing it" is our pet catch phrase, so it wasn't a total loss!

Unless a kick modifier of +10 is amazing for monks, Saryrn dropped a rather mediocre belt. Nothing at all better than the stuff dropped from the phase 1 trials IMO.

Luuc Up
07-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Grats on Saryn!

Shame you got the belt. The kick mod is useless for monks as from what we have parsed it doesn't add to flying kick. But then, it could be worse - until last week there were plate only boots with a "round kick" mod :confused:

Tilea
07-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah that sounds like Sony's quality assurance group at work, to me. :)

Varran
07-16-2003, 05:13 PM
the ring was nice tho... although +10 avoidance hasn't stopped me from dying all over the place yet.

Luuc Up
07-17-2003, 01:17 AM
It would be nice to see some parses of these melee mods. From what I've seen, strikethrough goes off like once every year :(

I see Quarm has been beaten now also (AL/TR), and is confirmed to be the final mob. Kind of a disappointment when you read the lore, as you end up getting ported to Plane of Knowledge and that's about it.

Elidroth
07-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Yeah.. Druzzil Ro restores the timeline.. so you can farm Time again and again..

Pretty stupid. Someone did say though that Time A mobs were targetable after killing Quarm.

Tilea
07-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Terris is dead now too. To be honest with you I'm concerned that Time isn't hard enough, progress is moving faster than I expected. Last night was only our 4th or 5th night in the zone and we've gotten to phase 4 and killed 2/4 of the deities there.

Not that I'm complaining... but rathe/coirnav had a much larger learning curve than what we've gone up against so far.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 06:31 AM
I have to agree with you on that Tilea. But we havent begun to scrath the surface... still 6 more gods, and we have only killed the weakest 2.

Elidroth
07-17-2003, 07:28 AM
We have a lot of work left to do.. The rest will NOT be easy. Several people have asked me in x-server tells if we've killed VZ yet, because they're convinced it can't be done without an exploit of some sort.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Elidroth
We have a lot of work left to do.. The rest will NOT be easy. Several people have asked me in x-server tells if we've killed VZ yet, because they're convinced it can't be done without an exploit of some sort.

I always heard VZ referred to as the "Rathe of Phase 4".

Tilea
07-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Still doesn't change the fact that it's been too easy so far, though :) Is it even possible to lose to the phase 2 or 3 trials? Avatar of the Elements is about as intimidating and challenging as Dorn.

Elidroth
07-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Of course it's possible to lose Phase 2 or 3.. Not on one mob perhaps.. but on the time limit. Coral was pulling VERY quickly for our 1st run through there and we beat the Phase 3 time limit by what.. less than 5 minutes?

Luuc Up
07-17-2003, 08:35 AM
Phase 2: Possible to lose with some silly pull. A person cocking up could mean a lot of mobs in camp. Hi wipe! Bye timer :(

Plase 3: We lost it for the first time a couple weeks ago. AoE was at 30% but we had around 50 people. As Eildroth pointed out the difficulty of the waves is not the issue. The time aspect of it is.

Phase 4: TT/Saryn - not a problem. Our third day trying time saw these 2 die and I think it is similar with a lot of guilds. TZ: Was hard, now easier. You'll kill him soon - he's not really hard, just kind of hits like Reparn. VZ - well I'll maintain that this guy isn't actually impossible. We've only tried him for 2 nights since we're having real summer attendance problems (yay only month where weather is good in europe!), but we got him fairly low, and there's nothing crazy there that any time guild with the right strat won't be able to handle - you can just have bad luck.

Phase 5: Not there yet, but I've heard some of the gods (CT) are actually easier than phase 4.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Luuc Up

Phase 5: Not there yet, but I've heard some of the gods (CT) are actually easier than phase 4.

CT is suppsoivly a joke. Inny's difficutly seems to change w/ each patch. amd RZ / Bertox are fucking hard. This is what i have gatherd from talking to people.

Tilea
07-17-2003, 10:11 AM
We've had a group doing the water/fire combo of phase 2 get wiped on a bad pull. The Earth/Air team just finished theirs up, then went and did fire/water as well. There's a ton of leeway on phase 2, if you ask me.

Phase 3 we finished pretty easily, little to no deaths but yeah the timing was close. It was still our first time though and we had no idea what to expect. We also lolligagged at the start for a while.

Dunno... I just expected more. Not that I'd like to see the earlier phases harder, especially 1 since you need to do it every time. I guess it just has that poorly tested, not quite finished quality about it that other "final" zones have had previously. Vex Thal being the best example.

Luuc Up
07-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Haven't done Teir 4 gods since patch but I heard that walls are blocking the aes? If so then TT/Saryn must be a joke now?

One thing I would love them to do would be to change some of the stage one loot. Currently, the only item that doesn't rot is the Earing - and thats after a couple months. Since I imagine guilds will be there for a long time to come, they really do need to increase motivation to sit through phase 1 every time a guild wants to raid time.

Vinen
07-18-2003, 05:56 AM
Haven't done Teir 4 gods since patch but I heard that walls are blocking the aes? If so then TT/Saryn must be a joke now?

One thing I would love them to do would be to change some of the stage one loot. Currently, the only item that doesn't rot is the Earing - and thats after a couple months. Since I imagine guilds will be there for a long time to come, they really do need to increase motivation to sit through phase 1 every time a guild wants to raid time.

Luuc remeber outside zone =/

= no walls block AoE

Luuc Up
07-18-2003, 06:30 AM
"Luuc remeber outside zone =/

= no walls block AoE"

That doesn't mean anything really with SoE's 2 bit hacks. The last patch changed LoS casting for zones too - regardless of whether they are outdoor or not. I've heard several guilds benefit from it . There's even been reports of it making a certain recently beaten encounter a lot easier ;)

Vinen
07-18-2003, 06:34 AM
I wonder what this recently beaten Encounter is you talk about sir !

Tilea
07-18-2003, 08:03 AM
That caster bracer from phase 1 is definitely going to be our first to start rotting. I must get at least 2 with each clearing.

Talas
07-18-2003, 08:20 AM
how many bracers has Tilea racked up!? :p

Finished phase3 last night again with under 5 minutes to spare. I think after doing several /who's we had about 60 people. Pretty crazy stuff. Like you said, not hard... but once that 10min mark comes around and a lot of stuff is still up, it's a little nerve-wracking!

Andaas
07-18-2003, 10:08 AM

Walls are not blocking AE's. Walls/line of sight now only blocks players from landing detrimental spells on their targets, NPC AE's can hit anyone in range.

The bonus to the change is that NPC's are no longer seeing players through walls.

Tilea
07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Talas
how many bracers has Tilea racked up!? :p

Finished phase3 last night again with under 5 minutes to spare. I think after doing several /who's we had about 60 people. Pretty crazy stuff. Like you said, not hard... but once that 10min mark comes around and a lot of stuff is still up, it's a little nerve-wracking!

None.. it's a caster bracer :p

Finishing phase 2 with literally around 10 seconds left was more exciting.

Talas
07-18-2003, 12:53 PM
was j/k on the bracer(s)!! :p

that fire/water trial on phase2 seems to be pretty shakey once you overpull, lol! :D

Vinen
07-18-2003, 12:54 PM
only if you pull unmezables !

Talas
07-18-2003, 01:01 PM
call me crazy, but I enjoy times when we're on the brink of wiping and recover :p

nwinn
07-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Vinen
suppsoivly

*Note to self: send Vinen an electronic pocket-dictionary for Christmas. :\