Hammer / Cloak = TR Drops
Legs / Bracer = AL Drops

who is KTF?

Lepra
07-17-2003, 05:23 AM
http://www.keepersofthefaith.org

Tilea
07-17-2003, 06:32 AM
Hah, the hammer has another lame 2 second pet proc, almost the same one they nerfed Timespinner to.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 06:39 AM
http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=51125
or
http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=51124

Becomes

http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=20508

from some quest
im not wure which of the top items.

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Hey cool, now Monk's and Beastlords have their uber droolage time weapon!

Ktul
07-17-2003, 07:31 AM
KTF == http://www.keepersofthefaith.org/

aed
07-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Hey cool, now Monk's and Beastlords have their uber droolage time weapon!

No, they have 2.

/aed

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Sorry, now that they have this new one they can no longer ask for or receive Vanazir.

Down to 1!

Unless you're talking about the upgraded Xegony one hander...they can keep that one :p

Vinen
07-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Ktul
KTF == http://www.keepersofthefaith.org/

look 3 or 4 posts above yours Ktul =x.

Zobb
07-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Maegwin
Sorry, now that they have this new one they can no longer ask for or receive Vanazir.

Down to 1!

Unless you're talking about the upgraded Xegony one hander...they can keep that one :p

Exactly Maeg! Of course Ranjurs should never ask for Vanazir either, because...well their Ranjurs :D

aed
07-17-2003, 09:34 AM
Unless you're talking about the upgraded Xegony one hander...they can keep that one

Yeah, there's one 1h wep and one 2h wep from Time with mnk/bst tags on them.

They just shoulda made one wep for each class instead, having it this way kinda screws over beastlords since many probably thinks monks should get the weps before the beastlords since they are a melee class.

/aed

Tilea
07-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Can't see why any Ranger would really want to use a 2 hander anyways. Why take 230hp/mana when you could combine two one handers for a significantly larger amount? And archery is still the better dps.

For example:

Timespinner + let's say something like cudgel of wrecking

25 STR, 33 STA, 18 DEX, 35 WIS, 20 AGI, 340 HP, 305 Mana, 40 FR, 30 CR, 35 MR

Vs Vanazir

0 STR, 30 STA, 30 DEX, 30 WIS, 230 HP/Mana, 30 DR/MR/CR.

Given the choice between those two, I'd take the one handers any day.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 09:37 AM
isnt there a second 2h Weapon for bst / mnk In time i could swear I saw one before Bo Staff of People knew my stats 6 months ago because I was database mined.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Tilea
Can't see why any Ranger would really want to use a 2 hander anyways. Why take 230hp/mana when you could combine two one handers for a significantly larger amount? And archery is still the better dps. \

Archery is Situational DPS now that you have seen most bosses need to be walled again.

Tilea
07-17-2003, 09:54 AM
Yeah but what would be the dps difference between one 60/38 and a 19/21 and 23/22 duel wielded?

Considering Vanzirs proc is a crummy 100 damage -50MR check proc, vs Timespinners lame but unresistable 2 second pet proc. Timespinner in its original form had an even better proc.

Also, who's going to award a 2 hander to a Ranger, who has the option to use a lot of new, nice 1 handers when all sane Pallies, SK's, BST's and Monks would want Vanazir?

Then you need to throw in the fact that it's literally impossible to look stylish in EQ while swinging with a 2hb. Sorry but it looks more like you're shoveling manure. 1 handers on the other hand are far sexier.

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Er well, I'm NOT content to sit back and shoot arrows into a wall and watch them poof and be 0 benefit to the guild.

So, when I have to go melee ( and I do, notice TT's parse last night ) I'd rather use a 2h'er because they do better DPS than 2 one handers, the difference of 100 hps is NOT going to save me if the fight is going to hell, and if one of the gods DOES happen to spin around and face me ( god forbid during enrage ) I stand a FAR better chance of living and taking FAR less ripostes while using a 2h.

The new one handers are NOT nice...in fact they aren't even DPS upgrades...a few hps is not enough to make me want them. Timespinner is the only decent one.

And I'll tell you one thing, Vanazir in the hands of a Ranger would be the best melee dps ( aside from monks ) in the game. Fortunately, Monks now get their own 2hb weapon with a better ratio and better stats and better proc. I'd say giving them to rangers is arguably the best decision that a guild could make.

Also, I could care less what I look like while swinging a 2HB.

Talas
07-17-2003, 10:17 AM
i want my elite situational damage, thanks!

Tilea
07-17-2003, 10:28 AM
I'd rather use a 2h'er because they do better DPS than 2 one handers, the difference of 100 hps is NOT going to save me if the fight is going to hell

Neither is the better dps. It would just get you killed sooner :p

The new one handers are NOT nice...in fact they aren't even DPS upgrades...a few hps is not enough to make me want them. Timespinner is the only decent one.

I fail to see this. As compared to what, emp sword that none of our Rangers have? Or the mediocre claw from cursed? The joke of a pet whip from earth? Timespinner puts those to shame. So does the Cudgel of Wrecking.

And I'll tell you one thing, Vanazir in the hands of a Ranger would be the best melee dps ( aside from monks ) in the game. Fortunately, Monks now get their own 2hb weapon with a better ratio and better stats and better proc. I'd say giving them to rangers is arguably the best decision that a guild could make.

A Ranger has the option to use 2 handers or dual wield. Knights do not. Rangers have the otpion to use archery at least half the time in plane of time, and do more damage at it, while requiring none of the healing/curing etc that they would need if they meleed. Giving Vanazir to a Ranger over a knight is, in my opinion, pure insanity.

Dharrk
07-17-2003, 10:29 AM
http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=26740 <--uber drool monk weapon for Maegwin

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Neither is the better dps. It would just get you killed sooner :p

What?!? Are you saying that all the parses done by all the rangers across all the servers are just lying? People in our own guild have done parses to prove this.

I fail to see this. As compared to what, emp sword that none of our Rangers have? Or the mediocre claw from cursed? The joke of a pet whip from earth? Timespinner puts those to shame. So does the Cudgel of Wrecking.

The upgrade from the Sparkling Shortsword or the Whip of the Earthcrafter to the Cudgel is measly. + 4 damage +3 (sucks) delay or +4 damage + 1 delay. From the pet whip it is a tiny upgrade in dps. From the shortsword it is not an upgrade.

A Ranger has the option to use 2 handers or dual wield. Knights do not. Rangers have the otpion to use archery at least half the time in plane of time, and do more damage at it, while requiring none of the healing/curing etc that they would need if they meleed. Giving Vanazir to a Ranger over a knight is, in my opinion, pure insanity. [/B]

I think you're ignoring a lot of things here.

how many of our Knights now use 1handers? Vidmer, Thuggo, Argonah...I lost count. Vidmer constantly parses right up there with the other knights who use 2h...so don't say they don't have the option.

Second, on Saryrn, Terris Thule, and Tallon Zek I was unable to stay out of ae range and still be able to use a bow. The positioning required to win these fights only makes it worse since they ALL are ending up in a wall. I got lucky last night on TT because she came down the steps and I was able to get my whole Trueshot disc on her...but the whole time I was in her ae range...and it hurt. By the time she died I was at 500 hps. Rangers are going to require just as much healing and curing as other melee's vs these gods.

Using archery is a lot less optional now...every mob is going to be in a wall...we'll be lucky if we can use it 20% of the time.

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 10:51 AM
If you want to talk upgrades....we should really go back and get all our rangers a haste bracer from earth so they can ditch their swiftwind and then also get them a Stone Etched Mallet...arguably the best offhand weapon for a ranger using dual wield in the game today.

That right there would up their melee dps by 30-40 points. Yes that includes you :)

Talas
07-17-2003, 11:23 AM
hammer is supposedly best for a rogue too. no frickin' way i'm walking around with a mallet, tho!

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Give the stinky rogues the Sword of Primordial Power then...same exact weapon as the SEM basically...couple more hps.

depen
07-17-2003, 12:04 PM
If I were to carry a mallet, it better have a 750 hp nuke on it. And I think if we were to call it a mullet instead of a mallet, talas would have no problem carrying one.

Vinen
07-17-2003, 12:06 PM
owned~

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 12:10 PM
The Ethereal Destroyer from time sounds like a lot of fun...but Its vanilla dps isn't great ( 16/22 ) and the proc as always...is streaky.

Tilea
07-17-2003, 12:37 PM
If you want to talk upgrades....we should really go back and get all our rangers a haste bracer from earth so they can ditch their swiftwind and then also get them a Stone Etched Mallet...arguably the best offhand weapon for a ranger using dual wield in the game today.

That right there would up their melee dps by 30-40 points. Yes that includes you :)

Why would anyone waste time farming haste bracers from earth? Time has a nice assortment of haste items, some breaking the 40 percent. Terris coughed one up quite easily.

I've seen the stone etched mallet. Nice stats and all, but I won't pick one up until I'm ready to retire as a Ranger and return to Kelethin for a peaceful career as a meat tenderizer.

PS: Upgrades do not include me. ;)

Vinen
07-17-2003, 12:49 PM
I vote we force feed Tilea loot =/

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Why would anyone waste time farming haste bracers from earth? Time has a nice assortment of haste items, some breaking the 40 percent. Terris coughed one up quite easily.

I've seen the stone etched mallet. Nice stats and all, but I won't pick one up until I'm ready to retire as a Ranger and return to Kelethin for a peaceful career as a meat tenderizer.

PS: Upgrades do not include me. ;)

Well, it's a damn nice bracer with haste AND Druzzil's Distance...and isn't all haste items these days at 40-41%? The head pieces from time do have haste...do they have a graphic? If they do I think you might not like the helm graphic going back on your head.

And like I said, I care nothing for what I look like while melee'ing. As long as I kick ass.

aed
07-17-2003, 02:20 PM
isnt there a second 2h Weapon for bst / mnk In time i could swear I saw one before Bo Staff of People knew my stats 6 months ago because I was database mined.

http://lucy.fnord.net/item.html?id=25225

Is the item you're talking about, it was found by creating item links by using the numbers ingame. It has most definitaly been replaced by the Staff of Trancendense that dropped for Keepers of Faith.

/aed

tweedius
07-17-2003, 02:28 PM
So once you guys farm the shiz out of PoTime, what will you do with it all? Did you see the crappy ending?

Basically:

Druzzil: Zeb, you little bish, I told you not to let these mortals mess around in the planes.

Zeb: Sorry Druzzil.

Druzzil: I'm going to have to make it all better.

Raid: Wait wai....

*druzzil waves magic wand*
*druzzil makes PoTime all better*

LOADING Please Wait.....
You have entered the Plane of Knowledge.

And the next expansion is LDoN, obviously no uber raid zones.

------------

Full text from FoH post:

[Wed Jul 16 23:38:15 2003] Zebuxoruk staggers about and looks at you drowsy, from his weakened state. 'My thanks to you. I am surprised to see you have made it here. We must get back to Norrath. The time has come for me to share my knowledge. Something is coming, a threat to us all, and the sands in the hourglass are thinning. Make haste and take me back the way you came.'

[Wed Jul 16 23:38:47 2003] Zebuxoruk says, 'I am surprised at the gods for taking such drastic measures, though I suppose all of the creations of the Nameless are capable of displaying poor judgment and irrational behavior. These gods are burdened with powers and responsibilities beyond our comprehension, yet at times even they do not understand the eventual effect of their actions. I am compelled to share the knowledge of the gods with the populace of Norrath, so that I might save their creations. They do not realize that if mortality ceases to exist... if they are not worshipped and held aloft by the beliefs of those that they now have grown to fear... they will fall from power and a new age of darkness will wash over existence as they know it. I did not seek to interfere with them or their realms, only to free them from a fate that awaits all of us. It is this fate that now stands ready, greedily gathered on the edge of the void, ready to test the will of all mortals.'

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:03 2003] Zebuxoruk says, 'If they have taken measures these extreme I must rethink what I have done, and what I will do. If there was this much cause for conc...'

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:03 2003] Suddenly in a bright flash a feminine figure appears before you. Your ears ring from the loud burst as she slowly materializes.

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:12 2003] Druzzil Ro speaks with no movement of her mouth. Her thoughts flow through you, calming you as you begin to comprehend what she is trying to communicate to you.

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:12 2003] Druzzil Ro speaks to your mind, 'Zebuxoruk, my student I cannot allow this to happen. If you were to escape from another prison the will and power of the gods will have been compromised.'

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:17 2003] Zebuxoruk says, 'Druzzil, I have missed you. Wasn't it you that taught me in your own realm to seek knowledge and share it in all forms?'

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:24 2003] Druzzil Ro speaks to your mind, 'That I did, but I also taught you not to share your wealth of knowledge if it would affect the fate of others. I cannot allow this to happen. I must set things back to how they were before you and these mortals arrived here, I believe that you cannot understand this and I am sorry.'

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:29 2003] Druzzil Ro looks upon Zebuxoruk one last time, as a wave of sadness comes across her gentle face.

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:36 2003] Druzzil Ro begins to chant an incantation; mana flows out from her body in all directions. Things begin moving slowly in reverse. You become dizzy from the experience and fall to your knees. As you look up the last thing you can see is Druzzil Ro smiling in your direction. She then waves her arms gracefully and points at you.

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:41 2003] There is a brilliant flash and you find yourself displaced through time and space. For a moment you lose touch with yourself. As you wake, you find yourself back in the Plane of Knowledge, moments after talking to Maelin with the information of retrieving the Quintessence of Elements. Druzzil has preserved the timeline, and restored existence back to its normalcy.

[Wed Jul 16 23:39:43 2003] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Wed Jul 16 23:40:10 2003] You have entered Plane of Knowledge.

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Sorry nope, I haven't seen that ANYWHERE...:rolleyes:

Everyone is jumping the gun....there is more to do and we just have to wait to see what it is.

Rika
07-17-2003, 03:44 PM
To the rangers that want the Vanazirs... just keep in mind all the monk/bst weapons we got off Xegony. None.. big loot tables and 6 monk/bst in guild mean monks and bsts WILL be asking for this weapon.

Torrid
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
A Ranger has the option to use 2 handers or dual wield. Knights do not. Rangers have the otpion to use archery at least half the time in plane of time, and do more damage at it, while requiring none of the healing/curing etc that they would need if they meleed. Giving Vanazir to a Ranger over a knight is, in my opinion, pure insanity.

Knights have their 1hs that have the same ratios of 2hs.

Although dual wield is totaly underestimated now a days, giving this 2h to a ranger is a good choice

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Rika
To the rangers that want the Vanazirs... just keep in mind all the monk/bst weapons we got off Xegony. None.. big loot tables and 6 monk/bst in guild mean monks and bsts WILL be asking for this weapon.

Yes Rika, we're not so naievete...however, there are now 2-3 weapons really good for monks/bsts in time and I'm sure some will be getting them...so in the end I'm sure we'll all be happy.

Lexoon
07-17-2003, 06:16 PM
lol

Dharrk
07-17-2003, 06:20 PM
/e hands Maegwin a chill-pill.

Calm down there, not everyone agrees on the same thing all the time, thats why people are different.

Plus, no one said you are out of the running for a Vanazir.

aed
07-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Dharrk, you are out of the running for a Vanazir!
:(

/aed

Dharrk
07-17-2003, 07:02 PM
/e freaks out. :(

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Dharrk
/e hands Maegwin a chill-pill.

Calm down there, not everyone agrees on the same thing all the time, thats why people are different.

Plus, no one said you are out of the running for a Vanazir.

Er...I wasn't worked up at all...I guess my post came off that way maybe...but I don't really see how. All I was saying was that yes, we understand many people will ask for that particular weapon...and thats perfectly ok. I'd never tell someone they couldn't ask for something if they wanted it. Thats their right to want it/ask for it and we all share that right.

I said I think everyone will end up happy...and I meant it. I don't think that can qualify as being...un-chill? ( or however you would express that ).

Thuggo
07-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Be happy we let you have a bow ranger!

Dharrk
07-17-2003, 07:47 PM
I think another way to say "un-chill" would be "worked up."

Heh, and I think the new models in EQ look so dumb that it really doesn't matter what you are wearing or weilding looks like, not to mention performance means everything.

:cool:

Grabbit
07-17-2003, 08:28 PM
7 kills of TT and No 2 Hander for us. In other news, still no rogue dagger. WRU Dagger!?@>#(

Maegwin
07-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Thuggo
Be happy we let you have a bow ranger!

...:(

Talas
07-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Grabbit
7 kills of TT and No 2 Hander for us. In other news, still no rogue dagger. WRU Dagger!?@>#(
No rogue daggerz for OU fans, thx!

Thuggo
07-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Is the dagger able to be held in frail gnomish hands?

Tilea
07-18-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, it's a damn nice bracer with haste AND Druzzil's Distance...and isn't all haste items these days at 40-41%? The head pieces from time do have haste...do they have a graphic? If they do I think you might not like the helm graphic going back on your head.

And like I said, I care nothing for what I look like while melee'ing. As long as I kick ass.

I think it was AL's time loot page that had a haste item listed at 46 percent. Not like it's a huge difference over 40 though, especially since you're pretty much at the cap for every raid.

Not sure if the helm from Terris had a graphic, and I forget who got it. :) Fehren maybe. As for helm graphics, I've had a helm with a graphic for... 2.5-3 years now. I actually prefer having the graphic.

Daisiee
07-18-2003, 08:57 AM
grabbit is assling not gnome :|

Vinen
07-18-2003, 09:10 AM
grabassling~

Argonah
07-18-2003, 09:21 AM
how many of our Knights now use 1handers? Vidmer, Thuggo, Argonah...I lost count.

Vidmer is the only one who enjoys using a 1hs. :/
I was using a GEA for awhile, only because the pet procing spear annoyed the crap out of me.
And GEA was better DPS than Mournfollow.
Now I have a RWM. The only time I'm ever going to equip the GEA anymore will be when I'm tank mezing for the rathe.

Knight 1hs sucks. Knight offencive AA is 2hs centric. It's insulting that our class specific weps are 1hs.

And, even more so, for Paladins. The SK 1hs has a pretty cool proc. The Paladin 1hs's proc will mean I *never* ask for this weapon. A 75hp/tick proc which uses a buff slot will cause me unbelievable problems in potime, where each God is stacking countless dots and debuffs on me, and I'm already short of buff slots before we even engage. Maybe if it was self-only, I could suffer it. But it's a group proc!

The *only* weapon upgrade in potime thats viable for me, is Vanazir. Unless theres another 2 hander waiting to be discovered, or unless Sony fixes the retardedness that is the Paladin 1hs.

That said... I would expect that absolutely none of whats been said in this thread will make a damn bit of difference when a Vanazir drops, it'll be awarded to whom the officers deem appropriate, and thats the way it should be! =P

Maegwin
07-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Exactly.

Bram
07-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I dunno Argo. I asked Thuggo if he liked his 1hb last night and he replied "Thuggo Bash" Can someone translate ogre for me? I get the impression that he likes it ;>

Argonah
07-18-2003, 10:33 AM
I would bet you all of my earthly posessions that every single knight in Hoss would give up whatever weapon it is they're using currently if they could have a Vanazir, except for Vidmer. Vidmer has issues.

Although, if they fix the proc on the Paladin 1hs, and fix shield blocking, my opinion is likely to change radically...

=o!

Argonah
07-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Although, if they fix the proc on the Paladin 1hs, and fix shield blocking, my opinion is likely to change radically...

Of course, we'll probably be contemplating the next raid expansion before this actually happens. If it happens.

Vinen
07-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Argonah
except for Vidmer. Vidmer has issues.

ROTFLMAO

Thuggo
07-18-2003, 07:59 PM
What! Grabbit is a halfling!? I guess I just assumed all rogues were gnomes because of that damn mask.

Arcius
07-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Someone should delete all of Aed's 1hs and force him to use 2h, he loves to use 2hers!

aed
07-19-2003, 05:45 AM
Someone should delete all of Aed's 1hs and force him to use 2h, he loves to use 2hers!

die.

/aed

Torrid
07-19-2003, 07:03 AM
A knight wanting to be a DPS is like a rogue wanting to be a tank.

Vidmer is the most sane of all of you. A knight's primary role in raid scenarios is to protect healers and casters from adds, period. You do this better with a shield. Not to mention, Vidmer is our highest DPS knight, yet he wields a 1h. Go figure.

Fuck, I'm more of a DPS class than you guys are, and I could give a rats ass about my DPS. A warrior that isn't a fool focuses on aggro generation and defensive enhancements.

Thuggo
07-19-2003, 08:30 AM
WTF Vidmer and I are both up there on dps. Usually whoever HT's will outdo the other. If the mob isn't spawning adds why shouldn't knights be concerned with good dps?

Thuggo
07-19-2003, 08:31 AM
WTF Vidmer and I are both up there on dps. Usually whoever HT's will outdo the other. If the mob isn't spawning adds why shouldn't knights be concerned with good dps?

Thuggo
07-19-2003, 08:33 AM
vile double post!

Varran
07-19-2003, 10:56 AM
because something always ends up happening... a drunken cleric misses a heal, a tank gets summoned oor, mob gets a good round. The only class that can get aggro at the drop of a hat is a knight and we need you to do it like yesterday or we poor drunken clerics die.... fast.

Dont get me wrong, I love that you can get good dps numbers, but I am a nervous sort of person. I know that at any second our poor mt is gonna die regardless of how good we clerics do, and when that happens I will be at bind point somewhere very soon after. I dont really like my bind point. It's too far away from the action. Sure there are always a bunch of naked people there, but I've seen all those people naked a million times already and it doesn't do anything for me now.

Lexoon
07-19-2003, 01:21 PM
yes, torrid
and the only scenarios we are remotely concerned with is the monumental raid environment that is our EQ domain? heh :p

Lexoon
07-19-2003, 01:22 PM
fuck. quad post > all

Dharrk
07-19-2003, 08:49 PM
If knights can get aggro at the drop of a hat, who cares what they are weilding. :D

Torrid
07-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Heh Thuggo, you only support my argument my mentioning that so much of your DPS is via spells/HT :D