PDA

View Full Version : eq2 anyone?

Haeroth
07-22-2003, 01:19 AM
whos going to play and whos not why and whynot?

BurnemWizfyre
07-22-2003, 06:05 AM
I wont play and the main reason i wont play is......SoE

Eomer
07-22-2003, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I feel the same way Burnem. And yet I am still tempted. But after seeing how hands on and responsive a company like CCP could be (Eve Online), it kind of makes you not want to have anything to do with SOE again. I mean sure, Eve is STILL relatively fucked up from what I can tell on their forums, but their devs seem like genuinely good people who want to make a good game. SOE is just a faceless company with a revolving door for personel.

I may end up playing it, who knows.

Tilea
07-22-2003, 07:02 AM
Well apparently they lacked the ability to turn star wars into anything other than a clone of EQ in the star wars universe. I highly doubt they have the ability to have a sequel to EQ be different enough from the first to be worth it.

Rackrunner
07-22-2003, 09:14 AM
I woulndt play EQ2 if they paid me $1000 a month to do it.

Vinen
07-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Horizions <3

Vestax
07-22-2003, 09:46 AM
I think i`ll be playing full time again on release of eq2... so i`ll most likely be sucked into playing it!

Ktul
07-22-2003, 09:49 AM
I'd rather cyber with Zappo or rip my nuts off with a fork then play another addictive pos game like eq!

Dharrk
07-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Nope, done playing games that make you feel guilty for logging off or not logging on.

sendain
07-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Rackrunner
I woulndt play EQ2 if they paid me $1000 a month to do it.

Pay me i wil do it for that ROFl

Exxile
07-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Dharrk
Nope, done playing games that make you feel guilty for logging off or not logging on.

Bingo

Tilea
07-25-2003, 06:39 AM
A game is incapable of making you feel guilty for anything... if you've felt guilty about doing/not doing things within EQ that's your own fault.

Maelikki
07-25-2003, 06:55 AM
or you can just fully blame succubus, works pretty well also

Rhedd
07-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Bah Mael! Succ>Mael +Froggy

Darkstar
07-25-2003, 09:33 AM
EQ > EQ2

Zobb
07-25-2003, 10:11 AM
I will definitely check it. Although I'll be in beta so I can check it early. Depends on the state EQ1 and Hoss at time of release. I think it looks pretty good so far, and you cant compare it to SWG. Totally different design team.

Maelikki
07-25-2003, 11:53 AM
succ is the official blame freak !

well humm

succ > mae+froggy >= infinity means succ > infinity which is false,
so we can only have succ = mae + froggy at best which i doubt
lets just say succ >>>> dorfs+ asslings ans we are pretty settled on something sure there

Sabinn
07-27-2003, 10:58 AM
RL Sabinn and Tsept will be playing eq2 full time on release.

Exitilus
07-27-2003, 02:15 PM
dragon empires~

-Exit

Torrid
07-27-2003, 04:57 PM
EQ2 is going to suck because Sony's lack of vision and understanding of their own game.

What made EQ so insanely popular? raids.

What is going to suck dick in EQ2? raids.

They made the poly count in EQ2 so absurdly high, that it will be years of hardware upgrades before raids of EQ1 scale become really possible.

WoW, on the other hand, was developed from the start to run fast with lower poly models. Blizzard already demoed instances of like 50 people on the screen at once.

Blizzard is run by smart people. Expect good things.

Kebansis
07-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Dharrk

True that Dharrk :) Another reason though, is that EQ soaked up too much of my damn time, missed out on alot of shit, like getting laid :(
________
no2 vaporizer review (http://no2vaporizer.net)

Sabinn
07-28-2003, 04:00 PM
poor keb, still. i better see u on eq2 =P

Myztlee
07-31-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Tilea
A game is incapable of making you feel guilty for anything... if you've felt guilty about doing/not doing things within EQ that's your own fault.

Oh, I don't know, the game might not make you feel guilty, but the other people in the game could. True, whether or not you feel guilt is still up to you, but in a MMORPG, the "game" also includes the other people playing.

Geranon Morrowind
07-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I would love to say hell yes to eq2, but eq takes enough of my time, and once I get done done with college, I plan on doing more productive things with my time, like hanging out with friends, spending the money I'll actually be making, rock climbing, doing regular workouts rather than this three times a week crap, etc etc.

Your right, playing a game with "People" that make you feel guilty about logging off for the night, or logging in for the day isnt worth alot of the emotional stress some times, reason I took my months off when I quite for a while. And EQ brings alot of that to the table with expectations of play time, ect. I would have to agree that once I'm done with EQ, I definatly do not plan on playing another game like it with similar enviroments and situations.

Now, realistically, Whether or not I plan to play EQ2, I know people that will, and RL friends that play is usually what brings me back to games, so even if I dont want to, I probably will eventually play eq2 just because so many of my other rl friends will be into it and talking about it.

So in conclusion ... I'll play eq 2, just because, but I'll try to stay out of it for a few long months =P

Bignaztee
08-02-2003, 08:00 AM
hmmm EQ2,

as much as i want to say no, sony sucks ass all i see is that they want our money and that they have never heard the customer is always right...i will check it out. but if they are just into making expansions w/o fixing thier current problems then i won't play for long...but then again if Vest is going to play ima have to hunt da boy down just to harass him some more )) and who would pass up cybering zappo? har har

Azis