PDA

View Full Version : Ahm Baaack

Buazag Bonesteel
07-22-2003, 08:56 AM
No not to EQ :D

Just had an absolute fucking blast of a weekend. Tons of cool activities to keep us entertained....but on a side note...FUCK INEFFICIENT CANADIANS IN THE ASS....mkay all vented....but seriously....what is it about people in Montreal at least, that they can't figure out how to make lines move??

International fireworks competition....owned. Metallica concert....fucking rocked. Montreal strip club....not so great :confused:

Also during our one semi fancy dinner....tried escargo for the first time. Surprisingly good. And I actually remembered one of the beers reccomended here. Thanks Tilea for the advice on St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Damn good beer!!

Don't know if anyone else here has heard Metallica live recently but let me assure everyone that not only are they still capable of kicking ass....but the stuff from the new album (they played St. Anger and Frantic) is WAAAAY better live. If I had sat down and made out a play list for them I don't think I could have done a better job. They played a ton of old stuff. I got some of my favorites....Creeping Death, Sanitarium, No Remorse, One and Harvester of Sorrow most notably.

Except for a few run-ins with really really slow moving Canadians ( /rude ;) ) it was a truly awesome weekend. Hope you all had fun too :p

Tilea
07-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah that beer is really really good. :)

The people in Montreal are definitely kinda funny in a lot of ways, that's for sure. But it has one heck of a great night life. Did you go to Crescent street to check out the pubs there?

Tarissa
07-22-2003, 09:56 AM
buaz completely failed to mention the strip club. or the hookers :(

or the super trendy industrial metal club and the fat chick who kicked him off the pool table despite him beating me. try explaining table etiquette to someone wearing powerman 5000 boots who weighs around 280 and is 5'5"

Buazag Bonesteel
07-22-2003, 11:40 AM
buaz completely failed to mention the strip club. or the hookers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buazag Bonesteel
Montreal strip club....not so great :confused:

Buazag Bonesteel
07-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah.....and screw the fat french chick who thought that speaking french louder would mean I could understand it. I pretty much thought pool table rules were universal.......apparently not in Canada :rolleyes:

Gryfalia
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
DOOMIT, I missed the international fireworks competition AGAIN.

So annoying.

Anyone know where it is next year? Heard it was moving..

Gryfalia

Buazag Bonesteel
07-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Always in Montreal....9 seperate competitive events plus the closing ceremonies.