PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Traded!!!!!

Trazz
08-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Looks like Kobe got traded to a new team!

http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/910kobe1.jpg

Lothbah
08-07-2003, 12:55 PM
fucking hilarious :)

Vinen
08-07-2003, 08:53 PM
wuwuw~

MoglokMagus
08-08-2003, 03:09 AM
For those of us that dont watch the news..or give a shit about the news....what happened with Kobe? :P

Maelikki
08-08-2003, 05:24 AM
trialed for sex abuse or something

so he might not be playing basketball for a pretty long while now

Maegwin
08-08-2003, 06:44 AM
He is as of yesterday, formally charged with Sexual Assault of a 19 year old white woman from Colorado.

Kobe claims that it was nothing but consensual sex, and that the only mistake he made was the one of adultery.

Anyhow, categorizing a whole team as the "Rapers" because one of their players is "charged", not even proven guilty...you know that whole "innocent until..." clause, is kinda wrong.

Kobe will surely be vindicated, either because he didn't do it, and the woman is a psycho, manipulating, liar or because he has enough money to buy the entire state of Colorado.

Buazag Bonesteel
08-08-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Maegwin
woman is a psycho, manipulating, manic depressive liar or because he has enough money to buy the entire state of Colorado.

I agree that categorizing or stereotyping whole groups based on the actions of one is bad.......but stereotyping manic depressives as psychos isn't cool either :|

Maegwin
08-08-2003, 08:09 AM
Well, I didn't mean it to come off as all Manic Depressives are psychos. Sorry if anyone was upset by that comment. Removed the above comment and the description comes off just as well.

I was just trying to describe the woman in question...apparently she had tried to commit suicide two times prior to this incident this year. She was also reportedly described by her friends as very two faced and manipulative.

Eomer
08-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Regardless, Kobe is a supreme dumbass for dipping his wick. I mean christ, isn't all the shit Michael Jordan went through with that woman who tried to extort him warning enough?

Vinilaa
08-08-2003, 08:17 AM
I like Kobe and I hope it will come out that he just made the mistake of having a consensual affair with this woman... I don't really know the details of the case, I haven't had a lot of time to pay attention to the news reports on it.

It seems, from what I've read, that Maeg's analysis of Kobe's accusor is pretty right on. But that could be my own wishful thinking because I'm a fan and hate to think that he's a rapist... :confused:

Edit- Eomer makes a good point too... but being a dumbass doesn't make him a rapist :p

Edit- Yeah Lola very true.

Lola
08-08-2003, 08:18 AM
I find it, on one hand, encouraging that society now doesn't immediate dismiss sexual crimes with a "She deserved it" anymore.

It's also troubling that people are so willing to jump conclusions on the other side of the case, and assume, before a jot of evidence has been shown in court, that he is guilty.

But then I remember the sort of behavior his star athelete peers exhibit on a daily basis and all sympathy evaporates.

It's still too bad people feel a need to take sides based on prejudice and other reasons not involving logic and evidence.

Maegwin
08-08-2003, 08:46 AM
The problem is Lola, that this world is dominated by illogic. The vast majority of this world is made up of people who don't care what the facts are, but are willing to impose their own view of events or situations on the world.

Humanity is mostly sheep, waiting to be herded to whatever conclusion the people with real power ( read: money ) want them to come to.

Rhedd
08-08-2003, 08:48 AM
Kobe lost the moment he invited that girl into his room, period.

Andriana Duskrose
08-08-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Maegwin
The problem is Lola, that this world is dominated by illogic. The vast majority of this world is made up of people who don't care what the facts are, but are willing to impose their own view of events or situations on the world.

You're talking about women right? ;)

Trazz
08-08-2003, 09:03 AM
I don't care if Kobe is a bizzziiilllionair.... I think he is a piece of shit for doing what he did to his wife.

I also think his wife an idiot. Anyone see the press conference, where Kobe is all apologetic saying he loved his wife soooooo much and wished it never happened? He wasn't even LOOKING at his wife when he was saying it! while she sat there holding his hand stroking his ego... What a moron.. both of them.

If he is guilty, I hope they put him away!.

Eomer
08-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is a rapist. Just a dumbass. It's he said she said, no one knows what happened but them, and it's likely to remain that way.

Dharrk
08-08-2003, 09:44 AM
It won't be an easy case. By Kobe coming out in the public and saying that it was consensual sex, he pretty much helped his case, and with the reports of his accuser having tried to OD on pills at a previous time, it makes him look even more believable. But, now for her side, they are saying she had bruises, and she talked to another employee about the events immediately after they happened. The case is in Colorado, one of the worst states for sexual crimes. So I wouldn't say Kobe is going to get off easy, but I think he will avoid jail time at the least. Also Kobe has been charged with a misdemeanor claim of false imprisonment.

I think he's a huge dumbass for doing it, but I don't hold fault on his wife at all for not leaving him. She's in love with him and he's still in love with her, and although she is probably hurt, she is still in love.

I also think the trial will be delayed until next summer if it looks like it is going to interfere with the NBA season.

Trazer
08-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Trazz
[65 Brudda] (Hoss)

OMG he stole my name..Vinen...get on that!!

Trazz
08-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Also Kobe has been charged with a misdemeanor claim of false imprisonment.

Those charges were dropped.

Trazer wrote: OMG he stole my name..Vinen...get on that!!

One of my fans...

Myztlee
08-08-2003, 11:44 AM
So I'm reading this thread, and I get to Vini quoting Lola, and I think "I didn't read any post by Lola" so I scroll up, down, nope, nothing. Wondering if Lola posted then deleted after Vini replied.

Then I click >> for next page, and there's Lola's post. So first I think Vini is psychic, then I think saw and read Lola's post then posted herself but somehow her post wound up ahead of Lola's, then I decide that she posted, then read Lola's post, and instead of posting again, thus proving she's not a posting star whore like everyone else, edited her previous post to reply to a post that comes after her original post, thus confusing the hell out of those in the audience that are stoned, moreso than I just did to everyone else with this paragraph.

Though I still think Vini is psychic.

Myztlee
08-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Oh yeah, and while someone else asked "What did Kobe do?", my question is "Who is Kobe, and why does anyone care?"

PS: Star whore post in action.

Eomer
08-08-2003, 11:51 AM
There is some other suspicious stuff as well. A cab driver came forward and said that night he drove Kobe and two bodyguards/assistants/whatever around for an hour or two, and grabbed his stuff from the treatment center. Apparently Kobe had a towel or shirt or something over his head during that time. They also paid him a few hundred bucks for his efforts. I haven't seen anything about this cabbie recently, I read about it two or three weeks ago.

So something goofy happened that night, anyway.

Dharrk
08-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Myztlee
Oh yeah, and while someone else asked "What did Kobe do?", my question is "Who is Kobe, and why does anyone care?"

PS: Star whore post in action.

Kobe Bryant is arguably one of the best players in the NBA right now, and he had a squeaky clean image before all this stuff went down.

Rika
08-08-2003, 01:35 PM
I did the exact same thing as you MH. I just didnt think to post about it until i read yours.

Lothbah
08-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Maelikki
trialed for sex abuse or something

so he might not be playing basketball for a pretty long while now

He'll be playing basketball... Only difference is he'll be playing for Pelican Bay instead of the Lakers.

Qaediin
08-08-2003, 02:17 PM
IMO he is guilty just from watching his interview. Watch how he moves, how is forehead wrinkles and the movement of his eyes when he is talking. He guilty as a bish.

Trazz
08-08-2003, 10:23 PM
He is guilty for sure.. of adultery.. Of rape? I don't know. :rolleyes:

Regardless of the outcome, his reputation is ruined forever. Guilty or innocent people will look at him differently and this WILL affect his on-court efforts also. Night after night having 20K people booing you would kinda suck. But hey.. he brought it on him self.

Vinilaa
08-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Myztlee
Though I still think Vini is psychic.

It's true! ;) :eek: :p

Rika fix my stars, everyone has cool stars but me :(

Eomer
08-10-2003, 11:48 AM
I know Vin, we got like way more posts than all these people, yet they have cool stars. We just have two gay flashing ones :/

What the fuck, now I have one purple one? I got screwed :/

Darsarin
08-10-2003, 11:52 AM
So I guess someone like me with all these stars is like salt in the wound. :)