Thread: hrmm not EQ but I need help =(

hrmm not EQ but I need help =(

Anyone know the cause of the "black screen of death" :/. I start my computer and all I get is a black screen and cant see shit . If anyone can help pls let me know =/.

solkannar...im the kei whore solk ;/

does it beep when you boot?

if it does - how often, what pattern

monitor turned on ?!:D

Aye, if you're sure the rest of your hardware is on, sounds like your video card or monitor are having problems. >< If you have access to other parts, monitor/video card, to test it, I'd do that. If you don't, you might just want to take it to a computer repair shop. :| Or, you could start buying new parts and testing them!
    ~derasi
    My magelo is gone! :'(

Have you tried turning the power button on?

The ML Slayer
    THe ThermocolaberatorDiametricThingaMaJiggy hath gone bad m'lad!

;(

There is no beep no :/. Everything powers up but the screen just stays black. Ive used 3 different monitors all the same thing. Im using a Amd Athlon 2.2ghz and a gforce fx5200 graphics card. Both parts are kinda new I just got this computer a little over a month ago. I found something about Directx can cause problems. SYMPTOMS
    When you run a DirectX-based program, your monitor may display a black screen or may display only wavy lines on a black background.
    CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if the DirectX-based program changes the default refresh rate your display adapter sends to the monitor. I think this might be the problem. When the screen would go black before I was always running that uses Directx. I cant really do much to see if thats the problem cause the damn monitor stays black. I have a old graphics card I could test but the one thats plugged in there I dont know how to get it out it a little bit different then the ones ive seen. Bleh ;P

solky

Cant be directx, cause windows need to be loaded first to come in effect, so you should see windows loading in this case.

Looks like a grafic card defect, but i had same problem some months ago and it was a burnt motherboard. So if you cant exchange parts like grafic on your self to test, i recommend a friendly PC repair shop.
    Huntress Hyppolyta Ironrose

~~~~~~Thats Me~~~~~~
    Cazic Thule says: Cannot open timetodie.txt

bleh =/

I put in my old gforce card I had trouble with a little awhile ago and the screen is still black. The card was good but the agp slot was dead. Now I'm getting the same problem it seems like. What is a good motherboard mine all seem to suck. Id also like to know if gforce cards are bad for the computer and I shouldnt get them or just getting bad luck with the motherboard.

solky

My computer did that once. I had to reload windows on it. Try that it might help

make sure you are connecting the monitor cord to the right port, with the new graphics card and not the old one