Thread: I want

Varran
    "I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin--different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits and minds his own business."

I wouldn't waste your money, you'll end up getting cheaply made phones with bloated bass and severely recessed highs/mids.

For around fifty bucks you can get a pair of Sony MDR-V6's or Sennheiser PX200s which will have comparable bass and much better sound. Both are sealed phones, so you will also get some outside noise cancellation. I use the V6's (also known as MDR-7506's) as gaming headphones, and they are fantastic. Excellent bass, good sound cues for FPS's, very comfortable, and they fold up to save space.

My personal dream headphones:

Sony CD3k's or 650s

With a good headphone amp, either of these put out sound that has to be heard to be believed.

hehe... I actually have better headphones. I just want these for something fun

I dj for a living... would be suprised what kind of gear you require for the day to day aspects.
    Varran
    "I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin--different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits and minds his own business."

You gotta have a setup that will blow these out of the water then, even in the bass department.

Out of curiosity, what do you run typically? I'm kind of a headphone fanatic, I don't think there's anything that compares to a quality pair of headphones with a good amp/source.

I'm running Grado SR225s at home, with a Creek OBH-11 amp. They are fantastic for rock music, but I'd like to eventually get something a bit more Neutral. I may try to pick up a used pair of Senn. 600's once the 650's hit the street. For portable use I use Shure E2C's out of my I-pod, or V6's if I'm looking for more bass. The E2C's are great for noisy places though, due to the isolation factor.

Home Setup:

Allen&Heath XONE v6 mixer
    Stanton VRM10 mixer
    Technics SL 1210mk5 x4
    Technics Sl-dz1200 Cd turntable x2
    Denon DN M2300R twin record MD control(minidisc)
    Martin audio S218 sub-bass monitor
    ProMedia 3Way Active X-Over.
    BSS Soundweb 9088LL digital signal processor.
    Martin Black Line F-15 speakers (monitors) x4
    FX Rack - Yamaha SPX-990, Rane VP12, Rane DC24
    Sennheiser HD25 cans
    laptop runs Soundforge to record sets that aren't for production (and everquest when I am on the road)

Use 2 separate mixers depending on the situation, although the stanton is the primary... just swap for the xone when I need more channels (doing demo's onto the minidisc etc)

the DZ1200's are new as well... and the current showcase of the setup. A few of the above items are due for upgrade however as sound isnt quite right anymore in the studio
    Varran

Etymotic 4Ps ...

Had ATH-W100s, but got tired of having to be careful with them, and sold em'.

I'm not so much into the audiophile thing anymore - it's a little silly - and I have better sound-related things to waste all my money one =\ (recording equipment, and guitars - hah - my brother and I have a little studio setup - what what 10 shure 57s, ha)

-Ex