Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Love Bush

Gotta Love Bush

President Bush announced plans to create a permanent lunar space station. President Bush said if the lunar space station works out, they'll build one on the moon.
    _________
    bah pic wont work... still a good quote tho
    Last edited by Tanerus; 01-25-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Tommy Chong's new sidekick
    bush senior = omg iraq sucks, then otm to space exploration
    george w = omg i got saddam, otm to space exploration

Quote Originally Posted by Tanerus
    President Bush announced plans to create a permanent lunar space station. President Bush said if the lunar space station works out, they'll build one on the moon.
    _________
    bah pic wont work... still a good quote tho
    Please post the actual quote, with source.. or feel free to take your seat left of the aisle with the rest of the short bus riders.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth
    Please post the actual quote, with source.. or feel free to take your seat left of the aisle with the rest of the short bus riders.
    http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/

You Republican Jackass.

Sorry, you elected--I'm sorry, appointed by judicial coup--a total moron.
    Coral
    Hoss w0r
    65 Sensei

3 years later and you Democrat babies STILL can't get over the fact that your boy lost.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

3 years later and you Democrat babies STILL can't get over the fact that your boy lost.
    Bet those damn Native Americans feel the same way.
    Coral
    Hoss w0r
    65 Sensei

The guy everyone loves to hate Vidmer's Avatar
    Hrrm,
    Coral hates Bush, is abusive to people, yells a lot and is lives in the northeast.

OMG he is Howard Dean! YEEAARRGHH!!

Hoss Ninja
    zing!
    Sexoon

L-O-L-A Lola
    "I'm the master of low expectations."—Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."—Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

How do I love thee, politicians, let me count the ways!

I am not a big fan of finding every little error in our articulately challenged President’s speeches, yet I do concern myself with the constant flow of lies flowing out of the Bush Administration. It amazes me how big of a deal people made when President Clinton lied about having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, because when Bush lied about the reasons for going to war with Iraq the public outcry was far less. I am not sure how many people Clinton killed with his sex scandal, yet Bush’s war scandal has claimed over 500 American servicemen’s deaths, 97 deaths of coalition troops, and well over 13,000 Iraqi deaths (estimated in October 03 - http://www.comw.org/pda/0310rm8.html). Yet this is just one lie of many lies that Bush has told the American people in his years as President and the funny part is that he still has supporters.

Some quotes from a "creditable" source on the issue.

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us. And there is no doubt that his aggressive regional ambitions will lead him into future confrontations with his neighbors -- confrontations that will involve both the weapons he has today, and the ones he will continue to develop with his oil wealth.

Dick Cheney - August 26, 2002
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20020826.html

Q Sir, in honor of your guest, I'll ask it in Australian, if that's all right. (Laughter.) Is there a possibility that you may never find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? And how would that square with your rationale for going to war?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes -- the question is about weapons of mass destruction. Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The United States -- United Nations Security Council voted 1441, which made the declaration it had weapons of mass destruction. It's well-known it had weapons of mass destruction. And we've also got to recognize that he spent 14 years hiding weapons of mass destruction. I mean, he spent an entire decade making sure that inspectors would never find them. Iraq's the size of the state of California. It's got tunnels, caves, all kinds of complexes. We'll find them. And it's just going to be a matter of time to do so.

- May 3, 2003
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0030503-1.html

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent. In such quantities, these chemical agents could also kill untold thousands. He's not accounted for these materials. He has given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents. Inspectors recently turned up 16 of them -- despite Iraq's recent declaration denying their existence. Saddam Hussein has not accounted for the remaining 29,984 of these prohibited munitions. He's given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

George W. Bush - January 28, 2003
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...030128-19.html
    Q Mr. President, a year ago you said the dictator of Iraq has got weapons of mass destruction. Are you still confident that weapons of mass destruction will be found in Iraq, given what Dr. Kay has said?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Let me first compliment Dr. Kay for his work. I appreciate his willingness to go to Iraq and I appreciate his willingness to gather facts. And the Iraq Survey Group will continue to gather facts.

There is no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein was a gathering threat to America and others. That's what we know. We know from years of intelligence -- not only our own intelligence services, but other intelligence gathering organizations -- that he had weapons -- after all, he used them. He had deep hatred in his heart for people who love freedom. We know he was a dangerous man in a dangerous part of the world. We know that he defied the United Nations year after year after year. And given the events of September the 11th, we know we could not trust the good intentions of Saddam Hussein, because he didn't have any.

There is no doubt in my mind the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. America is more secure, the world is safer, and the people of Iraq are free.

-January 27, 2004
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0040127-3.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zarwin
    I am not a big fan of finding every little error in our articulately challenged President’s speeches, yet I do concern myself with the constant flow of lies flowing out of the Bush Administration. It amazes me how big of a deal people made when President Clinton lied about having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, because when Bush lied about the reasons for going to war with Iraq the public outcry was far less. I am not sure how many people Clinton killed with his sex scandal, yet Bush’s war scandal has claimed over 500 American servicemen’s deaths, 97 deaths of coalition troops, and well over 13,000 Iraqi deaths (estimated in October 03 - http://www.comw.org/pda/0310rm8.html). Yet this is just one lie of many lies that Bush has told the American people in his years as President and the funny part is that he still has supporters.

Some quotes from a "creditable" source on the issue.
    Well said, I question the same issues. I find politics my side of the border in a somewhat similar state. Allthough politics here in Canada aren't facing the same repercussions due to war, the liberals are a bunch of outright liars, and I really dislike dealing with political people that lie to the public.

Hoss / EQ
    While I think bush is a psyco religous nutball, I think things sometimes happen for the best. He kinda had his wet dream of revenging his father handed to him with 911 and my guess (and hope) is that 10 years from now some long term issues will get resolved. I can't imagine things being worse than if a liberal was in office and totaly fucked up in the opposite directon of bush, not that I know that would have happend but I would not have been suprised. Doing little or nothing would have been awful.

I find it funny how Clinton's gets none of the credit for his fuckups or lies (no, not the stupid sex stuff, I kinda though that was funny).

In 911 we had ~3000 americans die in one day. No one really will ever know that in the 2 years or so after 911 we have adverted a similar disaster due to our psyco president, if so even 3000 servicemen is cheep at the price of lives. I know that with how easy it is to do damage to ppl and places if one buys into the argument that bush has done more harm that good at this point those same people would have to think its unbelievable we have not had another 911. I do think it likely that at least some of terrorist resources have been deverted to iraq and in general I would rather stupid people blow things up in other contries than in mine. If in 5 years iraq is a stable democracy of any type (have no idea how likely that is) then there is a good chance for real progress in that region.

I still think we are better off that some other contries wrt our top leader, at least weather you love or hate bush he will last a max of 5 more years.

My Guess is gore would have said "lets be nice and say we love all people of the middle east and give them lots of money and hope they start liking us back". Sounds like when I was in 1st grade and gave the bully candy every day so he would not hit me, guess what, after a few weeks he started hitting me again. When I sicked my older brother on him he never hit me again.

anything that shits the bed on fundamentalists is a-ok by me.

nothing quite drives people to kill quite like brainwashed followers of a religion. its like mass hypnosis

I like how it goes from "OH MY GOD HE HAS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION THAT HE CAN USE IN 45 MINUTES" to "THERE IS NO DOUBT HE WAS A GATHERING THREAT, HE COULD REALLY HURT US IN LIKE 10 YEARS!"

I won't argue on the WMD issue. It was a stupid thing to hang your entire motivation upon. Saddam was a bad guy.. so him being removed is fine..

I have no doubts honestly that the guy was pursuing WMD's..
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

It's hard to say though. David Kay himself is saying that it looks like Iraq was destroying their chemical and bio weapons secretly, so that they could get rid of the expense of maintaining them but still Saddam could swing his dick around pretending he had them. That was obviously not the smartest choice of action.

Of course, I am sure Saddam would have loved to get a nuke into his hot little hands. But it looks like they had given up on that as well. I don't doubt that if Pakistan walked up and said "trade you 10 million barrels of oil for a nuke" that Saddam would have jumped at the chance.

And I also agree that Saddam needed to get gone, it's just the timing and way that it was done that will haunt the US for a long time.

L-O-L-A Lola
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarissa
    anything that shits the bed on fundamentalists is a-ok by me.

nothing quite drives people to kill quite like brainwashed followers of a religion. its like mass hypnosis
    Are you referring to the Arab/Islamic Fundamentalists here, or the American/Christian Fundamentalists? Or both? =p

Thats what I absolutely love most in the Iraq debate...that people just can't get it in their head, Iraq was the only state in the whole area with a government that was not based on religion.

There were no fundamentalists in Iraq's government a year ago, I am almost sure there will be fundamentalists in Iraq's government in two years.

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    I guess no religion makes it easier to gas your own people. Anyone who opposes the war should go watch the history channel's documentaries on Saddam, then come back and tell me removing him was wrong.

Bush may be bad, but Gore's woman tried to censor the music I listen to. They also want to ban firearms. Maybe if Democrats wern't so busy trying to take away my consitutional rights, I'd be more inclined to sway their way.

Of course I can't fucking stand A) rich people, because its impossible to contribute enough to society enough to have earned that much money, and B) raping the environment.

Which is why I don't vote.

Torrid=I. The Bush administration has taken away more constitutional rights than any president in the past 120 plus years. I think Dubya has the right intentions but his cronies around him yank his chain when they want something.