Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bitching about Uqua.

Bitching about Uqua.

That's me at the mic. I brought Uqua up in hopes to find out if the problems every end guild is having would be fixed with any priority. The team agreed that the zone is in an unacceptable condition (although many of the bugs aren't unique to Uqua) and would be corrected with great urgency. So hopefully we'll be able to progress past the Rathe....er I mean Uqua soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grabbit at Dev Panel.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	2817  

Hoss / EQ
    heh, good facial apperance when you were at the mic, can see the discontent all over your face, way to give them hell sir.
    Procrastination is like masturbation, in the end your just fucking yourself.

Burnem Etidure

serious props to the guy with the bleached mohawk to the left!

sup grabbit - make me some breakfast!

Haha, Tari, I was thinking the same thing!

Was there any 'bouncers' there to protect the EQ ppl?! You should have Jerry Springer'd it, Grabbit!

A Hero of the Seven Suns Torrid's Avatar
    The fact that Uqua isn't fixed yet or at least patched every few days to bring it closer to fixed, isn't just a slap to the face to the high end guilds, its a boot to the neck.

EQ's end game is on the brink of death due to this retarded repeated cockblocking from Sony combined with WoW's beta. From what I've seen in Uqua, (Hoss has gotten the enraged to 20% first try) the zone is broken simply because mobs hit too hard and/or time limits are too short. Aside from that, the zone is at least doable even with traps that reset almost every mob on a wipe.

Guilds have been stuck here for a MONTH. This is like PoP with a bertox that procs DT. At least with the rathe, you had the elementals to farm to gear up your guild and content that people wouldn't mind farming for months on end. So far GoD offers us very little. For god's sake, my guild did Valdoon this weekend. VALDOON.

I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting over this nonsense. People are WAY too used to bending over for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid
    I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting
    I think quite a few are pretty revolting.

PS: Not a single person is smiling in that room.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Myztlee
    Noticed that too?
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

Hey was that Kbam behind you Grabbit? He looks just like him!

God I am not going to miss EQ= )
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.

Was nice meeting you, Grabbit

Do you know if Wroke is still in TR? I haven't heard from him since the last FF.
    ~kiry... "Kiting Karana while 200 people rez" "Negative Attitude" "Demoralizing" "Uninvolved" "Stealing your Lunch Money!"

I've had more birthdays than Strom Thurman! Zappo's Avatar
    woah~ grabbits hot!
    zaphoe gunna take his girlfriends place

Grand Assmaster Buazag Bonesteel's Avatar
    I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting over this nonsense. People are WAY too used to bending over for Sony.
    How do they revolt? Pretty much the only power the people have here is in the form of the almighty dollar. Either people play....and therefore pay....or they don't. So far people haven't been willing to not play in big enough numbers to make the game gods really give a shit.

The only true way for the masses to have a real impact is for everyone on every server to cancel their accounts at the same time. On top of that.....they would all have to at least have a solid majority opinion as to what needed to be made different or better so they would come back. Call me a pessimist....but that ain't happening

Blog Entries
    It certainly isn't going to happen when these issues only impact 1-2% of their playerbase. The other 98% of their players all have content that is working to at least an acceptable level (though the new graphic engine has added some bugs, it hasn't made anything impossible that I am aware of).
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Wroke isn't in TR anymore. He left to go play Final Fantasy =(. I don't have any idea who any of the people are behind me!
    Grabbit the Assassin

Tools of the trade

"The more we sweat in training, the less we bleed in war."

Quote Originally Posted by Tarissa
    serious props to the guy with the bleached mohawk to the left!

sup grabbit - make me some breakfast!
    Thats not Vestax is it?

For god's sake, my guild did Valdoon this weekend. VALDOON.
    Valdoon was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Myztlee
    ROFl Myzlee from the looks of things people in that room are waiting for a Dinner break LOL
    80 cleric
    Retired member of HOSS

(```````````|\
    | [_]_[_] []_|#|-\
    |Sendain BUS |#|~~}
    ```O`O````O

ok, so they listened to your complaint, and told you what you wanted to hear.That doesnt sound like the Sony i know....o wait..nm..i was thinking of Verant, that sounds just like Sony.The only difference between /petition, and seeing them live appears to be you actually get to state your case before they give you a pat answer and ignore you.L2 doesn look pretty fun

The devs have actually been really good about keeping the lines of communication open with us about Uqua. Silius (the designer of Uqua) is no longer with Sony, and left before the zone was fully tuned. So that leaves the rest of the team with little to no experience with a zone and the responsibility of tuning it. One of our GMs actually had a Dev log in one night that was particularly problematic. He followed our raid noting all sorts of things. So they are trying.

I don't think they were just offering lip service. Everyone could tell when someone would get up and ask a question and the Dev team was like "Ya ya, next please". They seemed to be interested in the questions, and empathetic to our frustration.
    Grabbit the Assassin

Tools of the trade

"The more we sweat in training, the less we bleed in war."