Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wondering

Wondering

if I was the only person booted from the private forums or if this was a mass blacklisting?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanapur
    if I was the only person booted from the private forums or if this was a mass blacklisting?
    No private forums for you, come back ONE YEAR!

j/k Thana...I know I'd never kick such a cute druid out of my grove =\

<3 Thana

if the tanks die, it's the healers fault
    if the healers die, it's the tanks fault
    if anyone else dies, it's there own damn fault !!!

Blog Entries
    I removed people who have sold/given their characters out of guild to be more consistant (ie, some people who sold have lost access, others had not), now, most/all that sold out of guild have lost access.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Quote Originally Posted by Andaas
    I removed people who have sold/given their characters out of guild to be more consistant (ie, some people who sold have lost access, others had not), now, most/all that sold out of guild have lost access.
    Is that some form of punishment or reprimand? And how is that consistent with your approach of considering the person beyond the pixels?

blame nallick :|
    ~derasi
    My magelo is gone! :'(

Blog Entries
    Up until this past weekend, many people who have gotten real-life financial gain from the raiding activities of this guild were treated the same as those who simply retired. What that ends up creating in the end is the feeling that when you retire, it is completely acceptable to sell your character for financial gain to everyone in this guild who helped you equip your character.

Many people in this guild would never sell their characters, as you even said in your post announcing that you were up for sale, that it came as quite a surprise to you, but you still did it.

I do have compassion for those who have had to sell their characters to survive - and I support those decisions, I would never expect someone to risk their ability to pay their bills over a stupid computer game account. I also respect people who have had to sell their accounts to break the addiction from the game. However, in both respects, it still isn't acceptable behaviour to the guild in general.

Selling your character now has the same price for everyone.

Debil Dorf
    Quote Originally Posted by nwinn
    WTF! I had nothing to do with it. Even though I agree with Andaas 100%.
    NALLICK
    70 Undead Priest of Illidan
    BLOOD LEGION GUILD
    Blood Legion
    HORDE POWAH!!

Up until this past weekend, many people who have gotten real-life financial gain from the raiding activities of this guild were treated the same as those who simply retired. What that ends up creating in the end is the feeling that when you retire, it is completely acceptable to sell your character for financial gain to everyone in this guild who helped you equip your character.

Many people in this guild would never sell their characters, as you even said in your post announcing that you were up for sale, that it came as quite a surprise to you, but you still did it.

I do have compassion for those who have had to sell their characters to survive - and I support those decisions, I would never expect someone to risk their ability to pay their bills over a stupid computer game account. I also respect people who have had to sell their accounts to break the addiction from the game. However, in both respects, it still isn't acceptable behaviour to the guild in general.

Everyone in this guild is involved in a symbiotic relationship. There's no way in hell I'd have gotten to do what I did without everyone else, and, likewise, they wouldn't have gotten there without me (Not me specifically, mind you. I'm not an egomaniac). The point is, like it or not, we need eachother.

Did you purchase Everquest and all expansions for me? Did you pay my monthly fees for three years? No, I didn't think so. After I have made my contributions and reaped my rewards, what I chose to do with the fruits of my labor is my business. We all know this game isn't going to last forever and punishing someone for finally finding happiness outside this game is deplorable.

If you want to excommunicate me from the community of this guild, then that's your prerogative. You still make the rules (I think). But please note, no characters were harmed when Thanapur left this game. And you better believe there were a dozen druids lined up to take her place.

Quote Originally Posted by nwinn
    Nallick as in the pendejo that whined about the cops being 'rude' to him when he fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked his car? That jerk put innocent people in danger.
    He's lucky. I'd have plucked his eyes out so he'd never be able to drive again.

Oooooo you are right, Nallick.....hate IS fun!

Blog Entries
    Nor did anyone purchase EverQuest for me, or 7 expansion (6 expansions on a 2nd account). Nor the web space I pay for out of my own pocket, nor the forum software that I pay for, or the domain registration, etc.

Debil Dorf
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanapur
    Nallick as in the pendejo that whined about the cops being 'rude' to him when he fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked his car? That jerk put innocent people in danger.
    He's lucky. I'd have plucked his eyes out so he'd never be able to drive again.

Oooooo you are right, Nallick.....hate IS fun!
    Not quite sure what I ever did to you but you sure have always been a total bitch to me. Glad you are gone. Fuck off.
    NALLICK
    70 Undead Priest of Illidan
    BLOOD LEGION GUILD
    Blood Legion
    HORDE POWAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nallick
    WTF! I had nothing to do with it. Even though I agree with Andaas 100%.
    You're a good scape-dwarf!
    ~derasi
    My magelo is gone! :'(

The Pony

I love your logic Andaas, it's such complete utter bullshit.

I was in Hoss, and I helped create Hoss to what it was today. The amount of time I put into that guild is probably to this day more than 98% of the people in Hoss. And I'm confident to this day, I believe I had a strong impact on getting Hoss to where it is even at today.

Everything that I ever received from "Hoss" I worked my ass off for. It's not yours, it is not the guilds. It was worked for and mine, and no ones to say what I do with it because I earned it. You did not lend me the items, they were given to me for the work I've done.

And who is to say YOU have the right to remove my access to the private boards? It's not like I go posting my opinions in the private board all the time, as I don't play anymore I will not butt into the guilds business. But I played a big role in this guild, and see NO reason why my access should be removed.

I invested a great amount of time into the guild. I helped get it at where it is today. It was time for me to move on. Everything I had I worked for, AND MORE. I could have let my character rot, but chose not to. I sold it instead, woop de fucking do.

I look forward to a real explanation here. Because your reasonings for removing my access is utter bullshit. It's not like I used this guild in any shape or form.

You're no more entitled to post to these forums than we are to tell you you can't ebay.

You can ebay.
    Andy can remove your access.

Shit happens.
    Argonah Ge'Tyah <Hoss>
    Lord Protector of Karana!

The Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Argonah
    You're no more entitled to post to these forums than we are to tell you you can't ebay.

You can ebay.
    Andy can remove your access.

Shit happens.
    Make some sense soon, twirp.

Andy can do whatever he wants. I also can come murder you, does that make it right? Nope.

Blog Entries
    The real issue comes down to this Drakky, should I revoke the access of someone who ebayed and did not contribute as much to the guild, and not revoke the access of someone who ebayed and contributed a great deal more during their time?

I have asked the active membership for their opinion on this topic today, as this thread has generated some discussion on it. Though I think that maybe a veteran's forum may be something we can all settle on as a place where everyone can get together.

The fact is, our private EverQuest discussion forums are intended primarily for discussing current issues relating to EverQuest.

The act of removing access this weekend is more of an attempt to discourage people from selling their characters, because it has become increasingly common over the past few months.

You are 100% right in that, nobody has any right to say what you can or cannot do with your account. You paid for it, you earned the gear on it - it is yours to do with as you please - however, that does not mean that the action of selling your character is going to make the people who have played this game by your side for months or years very happy. In fact, it sometimes leads to people feeling that they have been used.

So, this was my answer to the recent rash of people selling their characters. I stand by this decision, and will hold to this unless the current members of the guild feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakky
    Make some sense soon, twirp.

Andy can do whatever he wants. I also can come murder you, does that make it right? Nope.

What I wrote makes perfect sense, maybe you should read it again.
    Twirp? Is this 6th grade?

Your analogy is extremely flawed, but I'm sure you knew that already.
    Comparing an act of violence thats against the law to your access being removed from these forums is quite moronic.

Let me rephrase what I posted before in a way more understandable.

It's your perogative to ebay.
    It's Andys perogative to remove ebayers access.
    You argue that it's not right to have your access removed.
    We argue that it's not right to ebay.
    All or none of the above may be true, but since we don't have control over you ebaying, and you don't have control over keeping access or not, it makes it a bit of a moot point, doesn't it?
    Argonah Ge'Tyah <Hoss>
    Lord Protector of Karana!

Unhappy

Can we not have this flame-fest drama again? Or shall we all prepare to have at each other till we get bored or it's dinner time or whatever...
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

Yeah, lets not make this thread ugly now

UGLAH!