Thread: Alexander

Alexander

Now this I will see, and I think it will deliver more so then Troy of which some people were disappointed with. Plus it's in the hands of Oliver Stone which is a bonus.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/alexander/large.html

Wink

Looks good!

Troy was definitely a bit of a disappointment, but have I mentioned that Brad Pitt is hot?
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

These are some of the trailers for other upcoming films:

Alien Versus Predator

Could be a hit or a miss. 2 popular franchises in the hands of the director of Resident Evil and Mortal Combat.

Anchorman

Around the world in 80 days

The Bourne Supremacy

Casshern

Casshern looks interesting, but Catwomen looks just lame.

Catwomen

Cellular

Chicken Little

Chronicles of Riddick

Collateral

Constantine

De-Lovely

Dodgeball: A true Underdog Story

Garden State

Garfield

Harold and Kumar go to white castle

Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkhaban

Hero

I, Robot

The Incredibles

King Arthur

Ladder 49

The Manchurian Candidate

Mr. 3000

Napoleon Dynamite

The Notebook

Ocean's Twelve

Open Water

The Polar Express

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Seed of chucky

Shall we dance?

Shark Tale

She hate me

Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow

Son of the mask

Spider man 2

Spongebob Squarepants: the movie

The Stepford Wives

The Terminal

Thunderbirds

Two Brothers

Vanity Fair

White Chicks

The ones I am looking forward to are: Collateral, Garden State, She hate me( I hope Spike Lee can get his groove back), The Terminal, Vanity Fair and the Village.

The ones I will avoid are: Catwoman, Garfield, Seed of Chucky, Son of the Mask and White chicks. But the trailers for them are good for a laugh.

I have seen Hero and I love it.
    Last edited by Zarxen; 05-30-2004 at 11:07 AM.

I really liked the Bourne books but, the movie was a totally different story... I do want to see the 2nd movie though.
    ~derasi
    My magelo is gone! :'(

Open Water looks intense. It took a few mins to download but it was well worth checking out. I would not want to be in that kind of situation, not to mention my swimming skills are somewhat sub-par.
    Last edited by Zarxen; 05-30-2004 at 12:31 PM.

Ocean's Twelve, Manchurian Candidate, Bourne Supremacy
    Varran
    "I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin--different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits and minds his own business."

alexander looked great until i saw who was playing alexander. =/ lame

It's not the greatest casting. I don't mind him, he was actually not bad in Minority Report, but at the same time he is somewhat lifeless in some of his other films. As far as Colin and Angelie, I would have preferred better casting. I am sure Anthony Hopkins will be decent though and I do like alot of Stone films notably Platoon, JFK, Nixon and Salvador.

I think Farrell will pull it off fine. He seems to be a pretty damn good actor. He was great in Daredevil, IMO.

The Fat
    I think people tend to look at how popular someone is and how "good looking" they are and cast that off as being a bad actor/actress. You look for flaws when jealous.

I really don't find Colin Farrell or Angelina Jolie to be bad actors. They aren't the absolute best, but still pretty good. If you don't like the movie because of the actors in it, blame the actors that passed up the job, its their fault.
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original

Quote Originally Posted by Dharrk
    I think people tend to look at how popular someone is and how "good looking" they are and cast that off as being a bad actor/actress. You look for flaws when jealous.

I really don't find Colin Farrell or Angelina Jolie to be bad actors. They aren't the absolute best, but still pretty good. If you don't like the movie because of the actors in it, blame the actors that passed up the job, its their fault.
    My reasoning is really more along the lines of we are going back in time, people most likely didn't look like super models back in those times. As such I would like a more average looking actor. But it's not a big deal, I will see the movie all the same and those 2 actors are ok, they are just not 2 actors that I think highly of, and that's simply because a large number of films they have done hasn't given me the impression that they will be great or good. In time that could change, and by working for Oliver Stone I am sure they will improve their skill.

Tom Cruise is an actor that years back I found to be very average. Over the years by acting for Kubrick in Eyes Wide Shut and in various other films like Magnolia, Minority Report and lately Last Samurai he has really improved or has gone in a direction that I have come to admire.

The Fat
    Very true. But they were able to make Charlize Theron ugly in that one movie. I'm sure they could fix any person up to look more mediocre. It's all the director's choice, though.

Yeah, I was really impressed with that performance and outside of the prosthetics and weight gain, she was subtle and carried her dialogue really well. They sure made her look fugly. Naomii Watts was excellent aswell in 21 grams.

And what in the hell is Halle Berry doing with her career? She was so good in Monster's Ball. I find her a very attractive women and I know she can act fine, but lately /shrugs

Well Gothica was bad and there is something just not right with this costume for Catwoman, it makes her look like some S & M chick or something.

The Fat
    I have zero clue why this movie is being made. They are taking a bad guy (girl) from the Batman comics and giving her her own movie, that has nothing to do with Batman, and making her sort of a good guy? Sounds incredibly stupid.

I bet she did it because she enjoyed it, you know, one of those "actor liked making the movie more than the fans liked watching it" type of deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxen
    My reasoning is really more along the lines of we are going back in time, people most likely didn't look like super models back in those times. As such I would like a more average looking actor. But it's not a big deal, I will see the movie all the same and those 2 actors are ok, they are just not 2 actors that I think highly of, and that's simply because a large number of films they have done hasn't given me the impression that they will be great or good. In time that could change, and by working for Oliver Stone I am sure they will improve their skill.

Tom Cruise is an actor that years back I found to be very average. Over the years by acting for Kubrick in Eyes Wide Shut and in various other films like Magnolia, Minority Report and lately Last Samurai he has really improved or has gone in a direction that I have come to admire.
    While I agree....I also don't. There werent good looking people in the past? I'm sure there were, they might have been dirtier!...but I see your point. I thought the same when Antonio Banderes (sp) was cast in The 13th Warrior...but that ended up being one of the best movies I've ever seen because the casting was perfect.

Here we have an example of near perfect casting for a role in a epic warrior film!

13th Warrior was actually pretty good.

Catwoman is so bad the production company is having to sue the theaters to make them stop playing the trailer. This one may go straight to video. It's really that bad.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!