Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rotation Schedule

Blog Entries
    My post yesterday was made to show that nobody passed on Tormax on the 23rd. That was obviously not realized by ML.

Nobody passed on Tormax on the 23rd because there was only 2 guilds in the rotation on that day. Vindication and Hoss, being the only 2 guilds in the rotation, were both agreeable to the spawn waiting until Wednesday to die.

As I posted, Mythic Legion has no right to contest or object to this spawn prior to their request to be added to the rotation. Your request to be added came in late Tuesday/early Wednesday -- Vindication was up for their 1st rotation spot since your request on Wednesday.

Baramos even agreed, although he obviously didn't get my point.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Blog Entries
    The silly part of all this is that Vindication hasn't even posted their interest in killing Tormax tonight. Why don't we all just chill and see what their plans are, eh?

No, I got your point precisely, Andaas.

My point above is, let's not be stupid, hey?

Let's be smart. Let's be logical. Let's be fair.

If we all want to abide the letter of the guidelines, I'm happy to pass on Tormax tonight, and put ML back to the front of the Yelinak list.

I'd just as soon we start paying attention to what's right, instead of perching like vultures on "what the other guy is doing or killling".

Bara

People were hollering on this board awhile back about "the letter of the law" and being "flexible".

Time to put your money where your mouth is.
    I am all for being civilized. However - I feel that needs to start with ML. You're policing of the server and spawns has got to let up.

Just last night, at 8 pacific I had Roh telling me Zland had spawned, which is great. We had traded with IG, posted in advance, for all to see. She tells me that IG doesnt have sufficient force to kill him that moment and so pass, which makes it Hoss' turn again. We all know that is unfair. She relented and it appears IG will get their chance tonight, but what exactly was the point in trying to declare them as passing with a late spawn and such little notice?

It's the same situation as Monday night with Dain. Roh clearly does not understand that Hoss would like to be CONSULTED before being informed we have passed. It is courteous.

Other guilds besides ML are capable of knowing when something spawns and who is up. We do not need ML reps breathing down our backs, telling us that we pass if we have not started an effort in what ML considers an appropriate time. It's hard not to react harshly to you guys when you are constantly watching us to make sure we are behaving.

You've got to let up. This policing of the server bullshit needs to end. Had you not been pressing us so hard lately, do you really think we'd give a rat's ass about what happens to Tormax when we are in NToV? Not like it matters to Hoss.

Blog Entries
    Oh and for the record, I checked the Zlandicar spawn before logging into NToV last night (around 5:30-6:00), and he was not up yet.

We had all agreed ages ago that a spawn that happened after 6:00 pm pacific would allow for a guild to try the next day if necessary, due to time restraints, etc. Of course, this was long before Rohaise was involved in the IGB, but I'm sure Quintall and Selice will confirm that.

Sirensa -

Mythic Legion has a vested interest in making sure that the spawns go down quickly, and efficiently.

I'm not interested in letting any spawn pass even one day past when it pops.

We have 100 people in Mythic we need to outfit in one way or another, and the whole idea of rotations, and the 24 hour rule is to ensure timely killing of spawns, and an agreeable arrangement between all the guilds.

Since other guilds have shown in the past that they aren't even aware when certain MOBS have popped, we take it upon ourselves to keep an eye out, and to notify the IGB when they have spawned.

Yes, this may seem to be nitpicking, but it is a necessary nitpick in the opinion of ML, to ensure that we keep things moving at a brisk pace in a game that already creates far too much waiting.

No one's trying to breathe down your neck, Sirensa. No one's trying to aggravate you, even if that's what you may think.

In my opinion, the "policing" of spawns as you put it, is actually a service to the entire community.

Baramos

Blog Entries
    Polite reminders is one thing, but lately it has seemed that Rohaise specifically has been trying to force the rotation along when it shouldn't be.

This again goes back to Dain on Monday, for passing along a rumor that Hoss was passing along to Vindication. Yes, everything worked out in the end, including pissing off Hoss by passing along an unfounded rumor.

Also to yesterday on Zlandicar, again, things have been settled, however, Rohaise tried to force 2 passes for no justifiable reason.

Baramos, this is what we are talking about. Posting here when something spawns or sending a tell to the guild that is up for it is fine. But the attempts at knocking others off a rotation spot is bullshit and needs to stop.

Just woke up, looks like we will be trying Tormax again tonight by IRC topic.

I do think Andaas is correct though, prior to ML asking in rotation an agreement was made saying we would kill Tormax the 24th, there was no passings involved, the two guilds involved in killing Tormax did it quite relaxed like.

As Hoss and us were the only guilds in the rotation at the time of the decision, what we had agree'd upon should be absolute.

Which would make the timeline

21st I speak to Sirensa, saying Klan/Lend are also due up the 22nd, will not have time for Tormax the 22nd, but also need to kill warders the 23rd so mind if we take our turn the 24th? Sirensa says np Hoss will be in NToV can take the whole week.

22nd Hoss kills tormax

22nd (Isn't posted here till 24th -- IE. Vindication didnt know ML wanted on rotation till the 24th) ML asks in rotation, after the deal was set, between, at the time the only two guilds in rotation

24th Vindi attempts, fails

25th Hoss is up, passes

25th Vindi is up

Then ML is up.

I dont consider it rude. I just consider it how things are, when guilds join rotations, must remember that they were not involved previously and would not be privy to any agreements. I fail to see why ML can not wait a week max, a day minimum, to keep the IGB rules solid.

I'm behind Rohaise 100%.

I don't think she did one thing wrong by telling so-and-so in Vind that our guildsay had a rumor you guys were passsing. Vind has big boys and girls, and they did the proper verification, notification. Seriously don't know wtf your problem in Hoss is, there, with that. Seems a knee-jerk to Roh, honestly.

"Did you HEAR what that bitch ROH did?"

"OMG no.. what did she DO!"

"She told Vind there was a rumor that we might be passing on Dain!!!"

"OMFG THAT FUCKING ZERG BITCH !!"

bleh - gay

On the "forcing a pass" I don't think she was trying to do that, but just trying to be efficient.

However, I also know that Roh's enthusiasm can be interpreted as prickly, so I'll try and see to it that someone else deals with Hoss about spawns that are up, in the future.

Sirensa has been extremely friendly in tells with me lately. I happen to know she's warming to me! So maybe I'll work issues with her.

Etc.

Let's keep trying to work things out, and have fun.

Only problem I see on the horizon right now is this NToV rottage stuff. If we can get past that, and be fair without a whole contract of rules to abide by, we're making true progress.

Baramos

Ok, in order to keep the IGB rules solid, ML is bumping back Hoss and Vind in the Yelinak rotation, to reflect the letter of the law.

kk thx~

Baramos

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Baramos1
    On the "forcing a pass" I don't think she was trying to do that, but just trying to be efficient.
    If finding Zlandicar up at 8:00 pm pacific, determining that IG didn't have sufficient force online to kill him, and then contacting Hoss to confirm that we were now passing, is not attempting to "force a pass", I don't know what is.

K Bara, taking your post to mean the Tormax issue is concluded.

Vindi up tonight
    ML up next spawn

Thanks.

Vindication posted its Yelinak intent in accordance to the guidelines of the "Unrotated Ubers" post. Being that there was no legitimized rotation on Yelinak, being able to bump guilds off to get another kill before the formal rotation begins is irrelevant.

Also in accordance to the Unrotated Ubers post is the 24 hour respawn rule. Which states that upon respawn, a guild cannot attempt a consecutive kill for 24 hours if there are other parties interested in said mob. And since Yelinak was not on rotation, this applies.

Vindication and Hoss both applied for Yelinak per this agreement before a rotation was created, lmalla after.

Thus, the Yelinak rotation is: Vindication ( ), Hoss ( ), ML (10/23), L`malla.
    Last edited by Wyvern; 10-25-2001 at 01:16 PM.

Originally posted by Baramos1
    Ok, in order to keep the IGB rules solid, ML is bumping back Hoss and Vind in the Yelinak rotation, to reflect the letter of the law.
    ok. Add us where ever fair is.

Sirensa has been extremely friendly in tells with me lately. I happen to know she's warming to me! So maybe I'll work issues with her.
    LIES =/ I hate you! Grrr.

Wyvern, if Yelinak was not a rotation mob, those sub-rules for *non-rotation* mobs might have some weight.

However, with 4 guilds now asking for a rotation, I think that prety clearly defines him to be a rotation mob, and he now becomes covered with the rotation rules:

I. Adding a New rotation:

a. New Mobs: The guild or guilds that have solely been accomplishing a mob will start out the rotation. As each new guild decides to try thier hand at the mob, thier name is added with a "join date". The new Joiner is added in the spot of the current rotation but must wait one full rotation before being "up" for the spawn.
    The non-rotated ubers "rules" were defined to cover anything that did not fit a rotation.

Yelinak, clearly, does fit a rotation.

That's BS Wyvern. You can't post intent on a mob that hasn't popped yet. Therefore you're asking for a rotation.

You guys want into a rotation. You're getting into it on the letter of the rules. Just like everyone else is.

ML's going first. I'm not going to argue about this.

You want to play games with rules on Tormax, now you can eat 'em.

Baramos

Tormax was being rotated between two guilds. Yel was on no rotation, thus there are rules that must be upheld reguarding unrotated ubers.

At the time of our request to kill Yel, no rotation was present.

"If you are interested in fighting one of these mobs, this is the place to post intentions. Do not post intentions if you cannot follow through, or give timely notice if your plans change (ie, >24 hours). "

Sounds to me like that was the appropriate thread to post Yelinak intentions on.

Please elaborate on where the letter of the rules has been broken.

At the time of your request to kill Yelinak, he wasn't up.

Since then, there is a clear need for a rotation.

We're gonna go by the exact letter of the law for the rotation.

ML is going to be prepping to kill Yelinak, the very next time he pops.

I hope that's clear enough. There will be no backing down by us on this at all.

ML gave Vindication a chance to be reasonable. This is the second time they've decided to throw that gift back in ML's faces.

From this point on, ML will deal with Vindication precisely, exactly, according to the established rules on the IGB.

Any breach of those rules will be regarded by ML as an FFA event.

Baramos

Wyvern - what that means is that if the mob has popped, and you were saying you were gonna kill him, then kill him. If your plans change, let us know before the time period alotted for a kill (24 hours) has elapsed.