Thread: Harley

Hoss / EQ

Harley

Kinda forgot how to do this...
    Last edited by Katianara; 08-12-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    Katianara
    Hoss Member

Nice.. that a Deuce? What year?

I'll post a pic of mine once the front end is done.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Hoss / EQ
    Woot, it worked

Bike is an 04 springer softail, Bought it brand new in May.

Been a real shitty summer to ride but put 4k miles on it

Just thought I would share
    Katianara
    Hoss Member

Hoss / EQ
    Tons of new chrome on it since I took that pic, I'll repost a newer one later.

All I have is a old 1.3 mp camera so it is not that good of a picture.
    Katianara
    Hoss Member

4000 miles since May? Damn!

I got mine in mid June and I have 1500 on it.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Hoss / EQ
    Heres a couple current ones. The paint job is custom from the factory. not sure exactly how many were made, but it wasnt alot of them.

So what kind of bike you have Elid? Whats wrong with the front end?
    Last edited by Katianara; 08-12-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    Katianara
    Hoss Member

2004 Softail Std (FXST).

Nothing wrong with the front end.. I'm just updating a few things..

New handlebars
    Chrome switches housing
    Chrome hand controls
    New grips
    All braided stainless cables and lines
    Billet turn signal mounts
    Arlen Ness Billet Rad-II Mirrors

I put a new seat and billet forward controls on it earlier and new RC Components wheels will go on next month sometime.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Hoss / EQ
    Fun stuff Elid, the best part of owning a Harley is putting all the custom shit on yourself. I am waiting for the riding season to end here, then I have plans for mine also.

My wife cant decide what she wants Fxst or Vrod. If I get my way she will get neither and we will get the boat I been wanting hehe 210 Ranger Reata

Anyway, Pictures please!!!
    Katianara
    Hoss Member

Company I work for makes the gauges/panels for Harley. The York, PA plant is 30 minutes from here. Harley brings in a few million $$$ worth of sales ^_^

what is this yank obsession with harleys?

Quote Originally Posted by Shik
    It's hard to explain. =|

When I was young I rode crotch rockets. One of my fondest bikes was a tuned Yamaha SR500 with a full Delmero cafe setup - not a fast bike, but an agile one.

So one summer I'm on leave for two weeks, and my sister is on fire crew, and she lets me ride her Harley. Ugly, sluggish 1972 Harley Davidson with foot boards and 3-speeds forward. Ugh. I was almost embarassed to ride it.

I don't know how it happened, I was at the start of my second week of leave, I had ridden the bike a few hundred miles just doodling around visiting friends, and I was taking a longish ride (about 160 miles) to visit some relatives, and suddenly I got it. Suddenly I knew why you ride a Harley, and my whole outlook changed, I was like a lizard shedding his skin, one moment I'm thudding down the highway on a primitive piece of iron and the next moment I'm cruising, and the entire reason for riding a motorcycle changed its tempo.

I started waving to riders on the big bikes, and they waved back. I felt content.

I can't explain it, it's like religion, or great coffee, or fine wines, or discovering that you actually like some forms of country music. It's just profound. It's like a guitarist suddenly finding out why other guitarists play something as unfashionable as a Telecaster, an ugly, simple guitar that is incredibly affectionate and has a funky soul that doesn't match its exterior.

Why ride a Harley? It's a fucking Harley Davidson, and you ride a Harley just like you ride any other bike, but why you ride and your satisfaction while riding is different. Sure, your Harley Davidson isn't going to quarter-mile or corner as fast as a streeted-up Japanese racing bike, but... not sure how to explain this, but your satisfaction while accelerating or cornering on the Harley is somehow greater, and on the highway a Harley becomes one with the world, while a race bike becomes an agony.

Sorry, man, if you haven't experienced it, it's hard to explain. =D

-- Peotr (The Normal Guy) ©™

P.S. The other nice thing about a Harley - you can always fix it. It is always cost effective to fix it. And your bike will always retain its value. No motorized vehicle retains its value like a Harley.

P.P.S. Strangely enough, by population and by percentage of bikes sold over 500cc, Harleys are about 9x bigger in Japan than in the United States.
    Last edited by Peotr; 08-20-2004 at 08:37 AM.

Hoss / EQ
    Nice Post Peotr, not sure I could have done any better

If ya insist on going really fast, check into a Vrod.

I took one for a test drive (wife wants one) and it was kinda scary the way it felt like it wanted to leave you behind, It was actually hard to hold on to the bike
    Katianara
    Hoss Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peotr
    P.P.S. Strangely enough, by population and by percentage of bikes sold over 500cc, Harleys are about 9x bigger in Japan than in the United States.
    The Harley Sportster 883 is the highest selling bike over the last 7 years.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Quote Originally Posted by Shik
    1) They're an American icon type thing. It's an American bike that goes back over 100 years.

2) Easy Rider.

3) When you ride one you join a family that's hard to describe. You're instantly welcomed in.

4) They're one of the nicest riding bikes around. They may not be as nimble or fast as a crotch rocket, but they're just sweet to ride.

5) If I have to explain it to you, you just don't get it.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth
    1) They're an American icon type thing. It's an American bike that goes back over 100 years.

2) Easy Rider.

3) When you ride one you join a family that's hard to describe. You're instantly welcomed in.

4) They're one of the nicest riding bikes around. They may not be as nimble or fast as a crotch rocket, but they're just sweet to ride.

5) If I have to explain it to you, you just don't get it.

6. Pussy.
    Zobb
    Crabbe

You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that!

I don't suppose any of you will be showing up at Street Vibrations in Reno, Nevada next month. If so, I'll be seeing you there.

Random website info .
    You sir, are an idiot. In the name of Darwin, I slay thee~

Hoss / EQ
    Last edited by BurnemWizfyre; 12-07-2005 at 12:31 PM.
    Procrastination is like masturbation, in the end your just fucking yourself.

Burnem Etidure