Thread: Healing and Direct Damage Comparisons ( Upcoming OoW )

Healing and Direct Damage Comparisons ( Upcoming OoW )

Here is a spreadsheet with some comparisons of the upcoming OoW heals and direct damage spells for the parent and hybrid classes ( Ranger/Druid, Beastlord/Shaman, and Shadowknight/Necromancer ).
    Attached Files Attached Files

No Paladin/Cleric?
    Argonah Ge'Tyah <Hoss>
    Lord Protector of Karana!

I am so not impressed with the shaman.

Knowing that a hybrid can nuke almost as much as a caster makes me so happy! Really! Look, I'm smiling at it! But it's the smile of ANGERRRRRR....and it only takes them 3 or so seconds to cast, as opposed to our 7! BRILLIANCE! Although, to be honest, it is nice to see shaman get a decent heal, even though its been long overdue... Oh well, I could do this all day, but on a brighter note, I just had the best cheesesteak ever, yay! Off to class now!

-Tren

Quote Originally Posted by Argonah
    No Paladin/Cleric?
    Do Paladin's have any nukes?

I'll throw Paladin and Cleric heals on there.

Also, I need to adjust the casting time for hybrids due to their innate detrimental spell haste on spells with > 3 second casting times.

@Tren: Hybrid casting times may be faster than the parent's, but our recast times are what limit us to doing so much less damage with them...and this is very frustrating when you have 8k mana, but can't use any of it because you can only cast a nuke every ~30 seconds.

Case in point: At first glance Beastlords appear to have much higher DPS on their best nuke than Shaman...but given a closer look, the "DPS Over Recast" for the Shaman's best nuke is much higher than the Beastlord nuke...because they can cast the same nuke much faster than the Beastlords can.

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    the blended class is always such a neat idea on paper:P But it always ends badly. I mean look at crayola...aquamarine and teal are always uncertain of how green and blue might be used more for coloring grass or ocean, but what happens to the blends? Relegated to Florida Marlins and coloring of strange bacterial colonies in Biology. Then teal and aquamarine suspiciously eye charcoal and rose, pink and tan. And all the while the primaries are lined up in the front rows of those 8, 16, 32 and 64 packs, pushing those blends to the back.

DAMN THE PRIMARIES!

Next time Sony should just make it the tree'd 8 pack and forget about trying to do the blended thing. Ever since they realized EQ had staying power as of RoK, they have never had a clue about what to do with any of those complimentary colors.

If Rangers were a crayon, we would be the red crayon.

You also need to figure in recast time into the dps. Spear of Muram may have a cast time of .5 seconds but it has a 45 second recast time. So it would actually be 17.14 dps (780/45.5).
    Ruining your lands since Dec 2000.

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    where is my Marxist debate on the classes of crayons, Thuggo?? You disappoint me after the Transformers fun yesterday ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Thuggo
    You also need to figure in recast time into the dps. Spear of Muram may have a cast time of .5 seconds but it has a 45 second recast time. So it would actually be 17.14 dps (780/45.5).
    Nope, the DPS column is just that...it is pure damage per the seconds it took you to cast the spell.

The "DPS Over Recast" column figures in the recast time.

But it can only be cast every 45 seconds. It can't be dps unles you take into account the whole time it takes to cast and recast it.
    Ruining your lands since Dec 2000.

Well, this seems like a matter of burst vs. sustained dps.

damage over recast+castingtime column seems to do the job anyway