Thread: Forty = Lucky

Forty = Lucky

Sorry man, your team cant hang with USC...

And you know it...

Twing > Ubar

Pfft...See you at the Orange Bowl.

But with our luck Georgia or Miami will also go undefeated.
    Last edited by Forty; 09-12-2004 at 01:47 AM.

There is no way Georgia will go undefeated, they still have to play the Gators. I definately don't see Miami being able to go undefeated.

Well, my point was that even if Texas did go undefeated, with our luck, two of the teams currently ranked ahead of Texas would also go undefeated. Thus, USC and "the other team" would go to th Orange Bowl based on the current BCS format.

Miami, has VT at home...that's the only remaining game I see that will test them.

Georgia has a tough road...Florida, Tenn, LSU and @Arkansas will be tough.

LSU has a nightmare schedule as well...@Florida @Georgia and @ Arkansas

OU has Texas and @OSU

Texas has OU and @Texas Tech (playing in Lubbock is a crap shoot for any team).

Shoot, looking at the schedules, there could be five teams that could go undefeated this year. Along with the ones mentioned add West Virginia (VT only question mark), Utah (no remaining games that look to be tough for them) and one of the WAC teams (Fresno State, Boise State).
    Last edited by Forty; 09-12-2004 at 09:43 AM.

Hoss / EQ
    its ok cus usc will lose to cal again or maybe even ucla!! lollerskaters

Exclamation OMG hi.

SACHII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

Old School
    Go Banana Slugs!

The Fat
    Miami is definitely going to win the draft.
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original

Hey Dharrk, ltns.
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

The Fat
    Hey there. Still roam every once in a while, read up and check PMs.
    Dharrk 1.0 - The Original

omg scrithU

Twing > Ubar

So with roughly six weeks left in the regular season and the first official BCS poll due out tomorrow, we still have SIX teams undefeated in the Top 10.

USC has cleared the bulk of its "tough" games and now face teams with a combined record of 16-21. Notre Dame is the only remaining team that "could" pose a problem. But I seriously doubt ND will come within 24.

Oklahoma has a tougher go through the rest of the year but I think they'll handle them well. Their remaining opponents are a combined 19-11 and still have to face Texas A&M and Oklahoma State, two top 25 teams. Texas A&M will be tough in College Station. Add the Big 12 Championship game as well.

Miami also has a tougher road, and must face Virginia and Virginia Tech. Both should be winnable but I think they will be closer than people expected. Their remaining schedule has a 22-16 record.

Auburn has an easier road then the last two but still must face Georgia then must win the SEC Championship game. Both seem attainable for Auburn, who will face teams with a combined record of 14-12 (not including the SEC C'ship game).

Wisconsin seemed like an unlikely team to go undefeated at the start of the year, but with the collapse of Ohio State and not having Michigan to contend with, their remaining schedule (16-10 combined) doesn't look as mean. Minnesota still needs to be dealt with though.

Utah has, imho, the easiest road of everyone at this point. Their remaining opponents are a combined 13-19 and pose no serious threat for beating the Utes.

My Texas Longhorns, who are in need of an OC, have five tough games remaining. Texas Tech at Lubbock, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M are all in the current top 25.

NO I AM NOT A CHICK!!!!!!! Daisiee's Avatar
    My boilers pretty much fucked themselves b/c Orton can't hold on to a fucking football. Revoke his scholarship!

Quote Originally Posted by Forty
    So with roughly six weeks left in the regular season and the first official BCS poll due out tomorrow, we still have SIX teams undefeated in the Top 10.
    Don't forget BSU! Still undefeated and just outside the Top 10, and carrying the longest winning streak in the country at 17. I think they'll win out, too.

College football talk is so depressing this year. I was really hoping to go out to Pasadena this year. Now I'm going to be lucky to celebrate a victory over Indiana =/
    Chickenpants - Master Demonologist of 70 Soul Shards
    Haikken EQ2
    Cleric of Bristlebane's 70th line of defense
    with 777 minor lessons in mischief

Quote Originally Posted by Dubb
    Don't forget BSU! Still undefeated and just outside the Top 10, and carrying the longest winning streak in the country at 17. I think they'll win out, too.
    Aye, I didn't forget but was focusing more on Top Ten teams because at this point I think they have a better chance of making the BCS Championship game. BSU, while they may go undefeated, would need to have some serious help making that far.

Sorry UT lost forty :/

Personally i want to see USC play the Utes (cuz here in utah thats all i hear all freaking day long)

I want USC to beat them 140-0... So i can tell them all to stfu...

Hopefully Southern Cal will win out, we shall see!
    Twing > Ubar

Ohhh shake-ups this last weekend....

And now we sit one spot below where we were when we started.

Utah is hanging tough at number six, but if you look closely, you'll see they are losing serious ground in the computer side. Their weak schedule seems to be catching up with them. They are ahead of Texas by .059 points. Had two computer rankings had Texas just one higher, Utah would have been knocked out of the number six spot. This could happen should Texas win this weekend, and especially if both teams win out.

One other thing to watch would be the overall percentages they get in the coaches poll. I say coaches poll and not both because Georgia is ahead of both in Coaches and behind both in the AP. Should Georgia lose a game (vs Auburn), look for both Utah and Texas to move up one spot. The overall percentages of the votes they get could play a factor and give the Utes some points back. Either way I think Texas has a good chance to move up into atleast sixth and into a better position for a BCS game.

Orange - USC/OU (USC)
    Sugar - Auburn/Virginia Tech (just for Vidmer) (Auburn - sorry Vidmer)
    Rose - Cal/Wisconson (Cal)
    Fiesta - Texas/West Virginia (Texas)

And we end up with two undefeated teams that didn't play each other (not including Utah and BSU).