Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Way to go, Bush supporters

Way to go, Bush supporters

I'm sure the 100,000+ Iraqi civilians and 1000+ american troops that died for Bush's lies are turning over on their graves because of your short sighted stupidity.

Maybe the Bush fans can bring Hitler back to life and give him a second chance, too.

Wow.... are you fucking serious comparing Bush to Hitler? Bush may be a fucking idiot but hes not Hitler. I didnt support either candaite, not like it matters if both states I could have voted in (NH or MA) both were won by Kerry.

Im really sick of this Bush is like Hitler bullshit, because hes not.

IS TOO!!!!11 fd

58,917,663 Hitler fans...hmmmm

Let see what U.S. troops say... I know 6 of personally who fought current war and all em voted for Bush...

Quote Originally Posted by Tilea
    I'm sure the 100,000+ Iraqi civilians and 1000+ american troops that died for Bush's lies are turning over on their graves because of your short sighted stupidity.

Maybe the Bush fans can bring Hitler back to life and give him a second chance, too.

Talking

ROFL Tilea!

Lighten up people... it's funny!

You won, have some
    Vinilaa ~the~ Soulbreaker

I AM NOT A PALADIN AND I DO NOT LOVE YOU!

I have to agree with Dibbs, most of my friends that are still in Iraq or still in the military want Bush as Pres. I lost a really good friend in Ramadi, and I am most certain he didnt turn over in his grave.

Meh, this is about what I expected! I guess I just have a low opinion of the American electorate .

100,000 civilians? Last I heard from a news source the total number of Iraqi casualties including military was only around 25,000.

P.S. How many countless future Iraqi's will THANK us for freeing them from the Regime of Sadaam Hussein and his tyrant sons? It sounds like you're the one being more short sighted here.

P.P.S Here's a link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3223523.stm that talks about some casualty figures from the major operations portion of the war. At that point the figures were only somewhere around 13,000 total Iraqi's killed. There is no way the total could be anything near your outrageous 100,000 comment. Then there's another article/website http://www.iraqbodycount.net/ that estimates around 16,000 right now.

Is this the link you referenced? http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996596 . If so, it's a tiny sample size, and I have trouble believing you can just extraploate death counts from 1000 households to an entire country. For one, military action is not consistent across the entire region.
    Last edited by Maegwin; 11-03-2004 at 03:27 PM.

Old School
    This is all the South's fault (they are the ones that voted for him). I wonder if they'd accept an offer to let them go ahead and secede like they wanted to 150 years ago, so they can stop electing idiots to run our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrith
    ...stop electing idiots to run our country.
    From how things looked, all you had on either side to vote for were idiots. Either way you were fucked with no free dinner.
    Rock Superstar
    Third Person View

Man, I typed about a 1000 word reply to this post, but in the end I decided it wasn't even worth it. I can sum it up in much shorter words. Tilea your an idiot,
    you have no basis for the figures you put up and just called almost 60 million people stupid due to fact that they didn't believe in all the propaganda you read or see. So I guess I am stupid cause I will proudly state it..I voted for Bush and I was not going to gloat, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he won.

If I told you once, I've told you a BILLION times.. Never exaggerate!

The guy everyone loves to hate Vidmer's Avatar
    People really let the ABB mentality get the best of them. They picked a candidate on the basis of his not being a spawn of Barbara Bush and not on his merits as a candidate. They further drowned out all rational criticism of Bush with the continious hysterical screed of "Hitler" and "killing brown people." The noise in this case drowned out the signal. Not to mention that the American people are famously stuborn; when told not to do something many Americans will do just the opposite to spite you, especially if it comes from a foreigner.

This is the second straight election the Dems ran on hate and lost. The price they pay for not learning from the 2002 mid-terms is the Presidency, 4-6 seats in the House, 4 seats in the Senate and maybe as many as 3 Supreme Court seats. Quite the price for hubris. I sincerely hope the Dems MoveOn, get over this and make a strong showing in 2006 or they may render themselves irrelevant at the national level. They really do need to retool, because I don't want America to become a 1 party nation.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...ths041028.html

This is most likely what Tilea was talking about, it was in the news last week. The methodology they used has been used in the past in Kosovo, and was relatively accurate. It isn't some pie in the sky guess, nor is it going to be totally accurate. Excluding Fallujah from the data, they figure the number is around 100,000. Include Fallujah and it jumps to 200,000. The researchers admit that it is not an incredibly accurate number, however it's virtually impossible to come up with one with the current conditions anyway.

This was also published in a respected, peer-reviewed medical journal. It's not Michael Moore, some hospitial records and a calculator. Even if it's not incredibly accurate, I think it's going to be in the ball park. It certainly seems within the realm of reason, if there's been 1100+ US soldiers killed.

If so, it's a tiny sample size, and I have trouble believing you can just extraploate death counts from 1000 households to an entire country. For one, military action is not consistent across the entire region.
    1000 households is not a tiny sample size. Every time a poll is brought up over on Druzzil Ro, someone invariable says something along the lines of "they only polled 1500 people, that doesn't represent the nation!" Well guess what, established science says it does, within a margin of error that they calculate. Again, it's difficult to do any sort of representative sampling or polling in Iraq, and there will be some inaccuracy, but the 800 or so households is more than enough to at least give a rough estimate, which the researchers admit it is.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stfu.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	3525  
    Tied with Zobb, for the sexiest member of Hoss~

omgrofllolerskates its an 8 year old image macro

Fuck you Tilea. I vote my convictions. It's my right to choose who I wish when I wish. You have NO right whatsoever to call ME (a Bush supporter) out like this.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinilaa
    ROFL Tilea!

Lighten up people... it's funny!
    Actually.. there's not a damn thing funny about it.
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth
    You have NO right whatsoever to call ME (a Bush supporter) out like this.
    Actually, she does. Whether you like it or not, the person sitting in the Oval office will effect her as well. She just doesn't get a say in the matter except on websites like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwin
    P.S. How many countless future Iraqi's will THANK us for freeing them from the Regime of Sadaam Hussein and his tyrant sons? It sounds like you're the one being more short sighted here.
    That remains to be seen....this is the Middle East after all. Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan all had our help at one point or another and we eventually ended up at odds with their governments. And really, the whole Iraq will thank us talk, was the back-up arguement in case we didn't find wmd. A better planned attack and had we been able to go in sooner would have been better. The "Hey, we're gonna attack in, ohhh, two months" didn't help us but helped them.

On a brighter note, based on conversations I've had today, the economy is shaping up to give us good solid single-digit returns through the next year and possibly in the 1-3 year range. Despite the recent enegy price spike, a recession isn't likely to hit for another 8 to 12-months, if it does in fact materialize. Since the 1970's, a recession has hit just after a major spike in energy prices. If the dollar goes down, which it's expected to do, it will promote domestic spending and foreign investing.

From the foreign ploicy stand point, this article (posted in antother thread) seems to be the general thinking of most I talked to today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6398886/site/newsweek/

“For my safety, I know he’s the one who’s going to do the job,” retiree Rebecca Lesko said after voting for Bush in Linwood, N.J. “I think (Osama) bin Laden is scared of Bush. That’s why we haven’t been bombed yet.”

This kinda talk really scares me. People are really need to pull their head out. Airports are no safer now then they were then. The only thing that has changed is that everyone gets to smell my stinky-ass feet. You honestly think the $9.00/hr slobs sitting there is some expert? With the incredible short training they have? You should try flying out of LAX, you'll see what I mean. And the wonderful Air Marshal program scares me as well. And it's really short-sighted considering the terrorist don't have to leave the middle-east to kill large amounts of Americans anymore.

But all of this is contradicted by our friends at the PNAC...You know, the group that Rumsfeld belongs to.

"This includes doggedly pushing plans to try to transform Iraq into a democracy and making good on a pledge that Iran should never be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons.

Schmitt said the Iran pledge may ultimately require using force. For the moment, Bush is geared toward a Nov. 25 deadline for persuading the U.N. nuclear agency to send the issue to the U.N. Security Council for possible sanctions."

Too late on the "Iran should never be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons" part I hear...but oh well...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6402195/

Funny, no one mentioned this little point during the debates or before the election. Wonder how many Republicans would have voted different had this little gem been out there. "Hey, btw, we'll be in Iran next, thanks for the vote."

Also found this interesting....

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6393501/

A top French general told a visiting retired U.S. Army officer last spring, “Even if our policy here changed 180 degrees and the president (of France) came to us and said, ‘What can we do for Iraq?’ I have troops in Haiti, in the Ivory Coast, in the Horn of Africa, in the Balkans, in Afghanistan. I’m having difficulty meeting these commitments. The notion that we or the Germans can give you 50,000 troops, even together, is just not realistic.”
    Last edited by Forty; 11-03-2004 at 08:27 PM.

The dollar is at its weakest against the Euro than anytime since the EU started. Go figure/shrug