Thread: ...

Where do you guys steal music from? :P I hear a band and they got a decent song all too often then the other 12 songs are total shit. WOuld like to be able to get a song or two before I blow cash on all these cds.
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

Yeah, no record store that I am aware of has listening stations... and no bands have websites with clips of most or all of their songs... and you'll really end up buying all the albums you "like" and deleting all the ones you don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NormetheGnome
    Where do you guys steal music from? :P I hear a band and they got a decent song all too often then the other 12 songs are total shit. WOuld like to be able to get a song or two before I blow cash on all these cds.
    You can BUY digital versions of most music for about $1 per song from many popular services (www.itunes.com for ipod types; www.napster.com for other media players). They also offer samples of most tracks.

Stealing is wrong.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Quote Originally Posted by NormetheGnome

From the Internet
    Zobb
    Crabbe

You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that!

http://www.mp3search.ru/

.10 cents a song, is where i get mine...
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Stealing is wrong.
    Amen!!!

... and stealing from musicians is worse. It's hard for bands to keep making music when they can't afford to live because people just steal their work.

Blog Entries
    I must correct my statement.

Stealing is wrong, unless the band is Metallica - Lars and co., don't deserve another penny from the music buying public.

Thanks.

Person A: A person who every year 'steals' music for $500 a year, but also spends $250 a year.

Person B: A person who doesn't steal at all, but spends only £25 a year.

Who is the better customer? .

/aed

Quote Originally Posted by aed
    Who is the better customer? .
    well technically only one is a customer, the other is a thief!
    Oldmanska Dwarf Hunter Extraordinaire
    Oldmanksa Armory

Im sorry they should set up sampling of some kind. Cause if your band eats dick but got one good song im not buying it..and i I suspect thats the case and your "band" unwilling to let me sample it then ill spend my money elsewhere. Id rather buy the full CDS to listen to in the Car.
    Sleep little one, sleep
    take comfort in the nights embrace
    Cause the morning sun is going to open your eyes
    and you'll see that you live in a fucked up place

That is what is so great about the site I sent you to Norme you can sample every song on the CD, if you like all the songs, you can usually buy the whole CD at a 10% discount of if you just downloaded all the songs. I love the site and many others should use it.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Blog Entries
    As I understand it, at Napster, for a fairly low monthly fee, you can download unlimited tracks for use on your PC (can't burn all of these to CD though).

No clue about their selection.

www.mp3search.ru is very good.
    Bremner
    -60 Warrior
    -Draenor

http://ctprofiles.net/332426

www.trackitdown.net

www.beatport.com

can buy electronic music from either of these sites, sometimes before it's released on cd or vinyl. Can also buy dj sets from a number of top flight dj's, although there are a few still in negotiation that people here may be interested in hearing.

edit: forgot to mention, you can listen to samples from each single before you want to buy it. And for those in the UK, purchases from these sites cover the license required to play the song out at any event.
    Varran
    "I have often had the impression that, to penguins, man is just another penguin--different, less predictable, occasionally violent, but tolerable company when he sits and minds his own business."

Bearshare has some lame adware that comes with it, but if you use Mozilla, then it doesnt matter and its a pretty good free service.
    Soulseek is a really p2p service also.

I live in a huge apartment complex with mostly college students, so if you live in like a dorm or something iTunes (free) + Mytunes is the way to go. Can DL songs from anyone else in your itunes network's librarys in a few seconds per song.

If a band isn't putting up but 3 songs on their myspace and none on their website, you can't really make an informed decision on whether to buy an entire album or not. I usually download a whole album and if its good enough to listen to in my car, then I'll buy the CD.
    Juice, Al'Kabor
    Lothaine

though mp3search.ru is good... their selection is very small and often doesnt have the songs i am looking for. allofmp3.com, though is a bit more expensive, has better selection and allow you 1.5 minute of preview for their songs.

norme, also if u want certain songs -- let me know and ill upload them on www.yousendit.com and send em to u
    the truth hurts but it sets you free...

................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............

Ah, the stealing music debate. You figure I'd be totally against it being a professional musician (i.e. broke as shit), but I guess it just depends on the reasons for doing it. I've played other peoples music in cover bands and I charge high dollar for it. I'll damn near play for free if its my music. I just give my stuff away, and I'm just happy that people listen to it. I don't do it for the money, I do it to express myself. Then again, I'm small time and I don't plan on making money on it. Those 1500 dollar guitars and 2000 dollar amp heads are fun to write off on my taxes!

http://fallingtheory.com/ - go download some free mp3s! Or just go to http://myspace.com/fallingtheoryrocks if you just wanna listen without downloading.
    Never underestimate how complicated simple life can be...