Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D&D Online

Old School

D&D Online

Anyone playing? I picked it up a couple of days ago and currently have a level 4 Cleric on Lhazaar named Scrith.

The guy everyone loves to hate Vidmer's Avatar
    I intend to pick it up at some point in the near future. Don't know how much I will play it though.

Hoss's Resident Historian Gheltire's Avatar
    I grabbed it and am playing it while on the road. It's pretty nice to just jump on at some designated time, run a mission or two, and drop back offline to work or whatnot.

Interesting...

~kiry... "Kiting Karana while 200 people rez" "Negative Attitude" "Demoralizing" "Uninvolved" "Stealing your Lunch Money!"

Firena server, human fighter. I am playing it campaign style with a set group once a week. I tried playing it with PUGs and random missions, but people only want to do the same missions over and over for max xp.

Its better than I thought it would be. I really wanted to hate it, but its fun. Just don't expect it to be like PnP D&D. It will probably only last a few months for me, but its a nice diversion.

Eberon still sucks
    Zobb
    Crabbe

You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that!

Old School
    I'm having fun with it...it reminds me of playing D&D a long time ago. I definitely like levelling characters up (rather than endgame) these days, so I'm having a good time.

I started a Paladin on Xoriat to play with some other people here, but they are never on!. My Paladin there is level 5 now (my Cleric on Lhazaar is still level 4). Both are named Scrith...come say hi.

Drew, level 5 Pally on Sarlona, also have ktul, lvl 3 sorc on Sarlona.
    Last edited by Ktul; 04-02-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrith
    I'm having fun with it...it reminds me of playing D&D a long time ago. I definitely like levelling characters up (rather than endgame) these days, so I'm having a good time.

I started a Paladin on Xoriat to play with some other people here, but they are never on!. My Paladin there is level 5 now (my Cleric on Lhazaar is still level 4). Both are named Scrith...come say hi.
    Check your pm's Scrith! ;p

and blame Veruca!!!

/feels like le heel

Old School
    All right now it's a 5 Paladin on Argonnessen. I start my new job Monday so no more server hopping, OK?

hehe I just finished up a convention and a lot of travelling..I'll be back on tonight/tomorrow for actual steady believe it or not play time I'm actually thinking about buying a WS monitor to celebrate

I made a Sorc on Xoriat.
    Defender Kattoo Tacit protecting your lands since November 2000.

hehe..

All on Sarlona, lv 10 wizzy, lv 4 rogue, lv 3 ranger, lv 4 pally, and a lv 2 pally.

Level 8 almost 9 Cleric on Khyber

Kiyone Elanta

Scrith!!!!

Hey check your PM (like mystrae said)

Long time bro

Twing > Ubar

A quick run down on DDO

Everyone get's loot, when a chest is looted it spawns loot for everyone, the trick is more or less tradeing what you do not need for stuff you do, this makes for items to be worth MUCH more then plat.

Soloing is bad and for the most part a waste of time, if you want good loot you have to group.

You get exp from finishing an instance. and very very little from killing mobs.

You don't regen hp or mana so you need to be carefull not to be careless and avoid any un-needed damage from traps and such.

Each Chair is diffrent, just because they are a wizard don't mean they they can't heal and clerics can melee and dps just fine.

The game is much harder then alot of MMO's I have played in the past, and if your group just destroys an instance once, try it on a harder setting.

The bad stuff....

Well atm you can only loot a chest 10 times, so think about what it would be liek if after 10 MC runs you no longer got loot. " Thye may put a timmer on this when it will re-set but no one knows for shure yet."

Soloing is almost out of the question so there is almost no point in logging in got 45 min to grind a little exp.

You can drag a single noob in a group in wow... in ddo a single noob will kill you almost as fast as a full group of them.

Raids only take 12 people max, so if one person is LD and 1 person has to afk for a Bio break the whole raid may have to stop.

It is a fun game to play in off time but if your a hardcore player WoW is the way to go.

slight revision for the post above.

You can only loot it 10 times per difficulty, and I hear there's a week long timer on that. Like when a baby chest stops putting out for me on normal, I set it to hard. Where it gets fuzzy is that some chests dont spawn each mission, so there's a degree of randomness to it. Also looting on a harder difficulty counts as looting it on an easier one. So you could do it 10x on normal, hard, and elite, but if you did it 10 times in a row on hard, you wouldnt get any on normal.

On higher missions that you do end up repeating, after doing it 12 times, your exp will get capped around 140. You do however still get full exp the first time you try it on hard or elite regardless of how many times you've done it.

Also for those starting out, do Not do kobolds with shamen on hard or elite without a lv 5 priest. They will curse you, it does not wear off, and it costs either 900g, a lv 5 priest, or a lv 7 wizard to get it off.

Wands are also great things to have. They are restricted by level of the player, not your casting level. So if it's a spell you can get Eventually, you can use it without a skill check. So even though a paladin or ranger cant even Cast a heal light until lv 4, he can use that heal moderate wand at lv 3 like a pro.

When you buy from a pawn shop, inspect the item first... make sure there isnt an alignment or race restriction that wont let you use it. Also check and see what the effects do. Like thundering (crits only) vs shocking (every hit) but they cost the same.

I'm enjoying it a lot more then I thought I would. I think I'll make a ranger on Aed's server to cyber.

Oh, if you make a char, I suggest doing the starting stats manually. Ive done the default on 2 chars and they are rather fucked. =p

Am playing on Aundair with Zyk / Tari!

Tari got a guild running called Plunderers of Other Nations (poon ><).

Come join!

/aed

Yeah we're going to have a regular group that'll meet a few times a week and plow through the game. 12 man raids will be uber!

The server: Aundair. Make a character. Do it. Be one with the POON.

Speaking of, how are things these days Hailie?!

edit: I'm on as Maendark or Derbin more often than not. Aed is some elf chick named Honeytits I think, and Zyk is either Mordorn or Caydon!
    Last edited by Tarissa; 04-06-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    "Tarissa - You are an asshole, you have been an asshole for many years." - Andaas