Thread: About his Luclin "FFA" Thing

About this Luclin "FFA" Thing

I *think* what I'm reading here is that most people on this board want the first month of Luclin to be some sort of FFA for *Luclin mobs only*.

Can we please be clear on what is FFA?

I'd like to think it's a "friendly FFA".

That is, FFA doesn't mean race each other, or leapfrog over each other to reach a spawn. It doesn't mean you train another guild to wipe them out as they're buffing and move in. It doesn't mean you fill up OOC (and the IGB rep's tell boxes) with crap.

What it means is, if a guild is obviously setting up for "something", that you don't "call in the troops" in order to beat them. Respect the fact that they were there first, in force, and bringing a second force in is only going to cause issues, and very likely a GM poofing the mob.

Talk to each other. Work things out. If two of you are dead-set on killing something, compromise. Make an impromptu mini-rotation: "ok you take this one, let us get the next one after patch." If you both want something that bad, instead of wasting two guild's nights fighting over it for two nights, make both guilds happy those two nights with an agreement. There's going to be lots to kill!

Just use common sense, tempered with a bit of courtesy, please.

I think the "first-in-force" rule will probably be our best guide here.

6 of one guild does not make a raid for an uber-class mob.

But if say 18+ people start showing up, you're good to go.

I really don't we want to be spending our first month in Luclin trading insults and arguing with folks on this board.

Kapiche?

(Edit: fixed title)
    Last edited by Rohaise; 12-03-2001 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    I agree on the friendly FFA thing, and that is what everyone here has been saying about this all along.

However, regarding first in force... if you have 18 people gathered and that you consider that enough of a "force", and someone else comes along that wants to try what you are setting up for too - lets say that the 18 people have 30 minutes to engage. No waiting 2 or 3 hours to CoH in the zerg armada, just because you have 18 people there, ok?

There needs to be some limits as to how many people can hold something for an attempt, etc.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

I agree with Andaas, and I think its pretty safe to say that the rest of Vindication agrees with what Andaas said. If you are going to try to "hold a mob" with a certain number, then you'd better be prepared to engage it in the immediate future with that number. Claiming spawns with numbers that are a fraction of those required for a kill isn't going to be kosher. That said, I'm sure if we all try to be human beings about it I'm sure things will work out just peachy keen.

Yeh, during ToT I talked to quite a few different servers and most seem to use the friendly FFA system, where if a guild has a capable force and is setting up, then you don't call in troops or try to leapfrog them.

Seems to be decent, tho we will see how it worked out.