Thread: Tuesday patching nightmare

Tuesday patching nightmare

I dunno about you guys, but it's 6 Eastern, and 99% of ML is still unable to finish searching for files to update in the patcher, (including me, bah!). Which means they can't even download any files or log in.

Due to this, (thanks VI, you shits!), proposing we give everyone an extra day to kill rotation mobs and start rotations. So ML will be in ToV tomorrow, folks with mobs to kill tonight can kill them tomorrow, etc.

This nonsense from VI is absolutely horrendous, far worse than RoK and SoV were thus far.

Sounds good to me.

WRONG! Its clear hoss cant kill doze tonight so I demand it get passed to me!

The patcher says I don have the hard drive space :/ But i swear i got 40 gigs free!!!

/finger Verant
    Thanatoz the Tyrant

agreed 200%. My god this is pissing me off right now
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Blog Entries
    Yeah, sounds good to me. We have about 5 people in game at 5:45 pst, hehe.

I'm hoping we can kill something tonight at least though.
    Firanja - Medicor Mortuus
    Andaas Taranis - Druidicus Corpsus
    Andae - Clericus Inanimis

Aye. I think we may have 2 members confirmed on. I myself havent made it past the patch msg. This is going to be a messed up week for rotations -- a little slack would be appreciated.
    Lylala Raindancer
    Hierophant, daughter of Tunare
    "Druids do it better!"

What we did was downloaded from test and then uploaded them to a FTP where guild could download and loggin, worked pretty well.

We did the same, however it really didn't matter for the first 8-10 hours when most people couldnt even get to the graphical patcher....
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

ML did the same, I think that's the only reason anyone got into the game late last night. When I finally got in after 8Eastern, there were only 8 ML online.

Talk about a clusterfuck, especially with all the bugs we found/heard about.

I installed and started my patching attempts at about 6pm EST, and got online at 11:30pm... Didn't get to sleep until 3am cause I was lost in various zones for a while
    70 Rogue/GM of L`Malla

Well once you had the proper files, you just bypassed the patcher... loggin was fine.

Early patch few hrs ago, doomit everything rotted (

Just a heads up, if anyone you know gets an OLEAUT32.DLL error download VB6.0 from Microsofts page and it'll correct the problem.
    Alestair Stormhammer

Success is a journey not a destination!