Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a friend has passed

a friend has passed

Averon posted this on another board, but i know people knew and liked lrod here too from our solusek ro days to the beginnings of druzzil.

My best friend of 12+ years passed away 3pm last thursday after a long bout with renal carcinoma (kidney cancer). You knew him as Mashala and Lrod. I'm not feeling all that eloquent at the moment, but I will say that gaming was his passion. He tried to put it aside many times, like all of us do, but always came back to put the smackdown on deserving others. From EverQuest to Daoc, Quake to Counterstrike, and finally in WoW, some of the best fun we both had were in games with our friends.

I'm sure that's how he'd want to be remembered.

Ain

He was a truely good guy, this is just so sad. May you have finally found some peace Lrod.
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Lrod was great, hooked me up as a newb =(

=(
    CB Retired Eq Speedbump
    CLUCK

Lrod was one of my best in game friends from solusek ro. I remember leveling with him during relase of RoK when i got the call that my brother had died. He, Lydia and Averonis will always be a part of the memory of that event. Now i am truly sad at his passing. I wish there was something I could do. Miss you Lronius~ l
    There is no smile of an angel without the wrath of god.

Very sad news

Very sad to hear the news, I had known Lrod since the days I join him in an online Total Annihilation game game against Vader (aka Lola) and Vidmer (Not Brunen! eeek how the memory plays tricks ! ) about a year and a half prior to EQ's launch. We went on to form a TA squad that did very well, and later all joined on the Sol Ro server with other members of their Quake clan and formed Hoss when guilds were first allowed in EQ... then migrated to Druzzil Ro when that server was created...

All seems so very long ago, and it is bad news indeed to hear of his passing. Some of the best times I can remember online were those early EQ days with Lronius, brunen, Lola , Vido, and me playin Mona getting trained out of zone after zone.... ah those were the days ....
    Last edited by Cardinal; 02-21-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    Cardinal, .. the ancient one - Hoss '99 - Last of the Founders . . .

Hard to put into words what news like this does to me. I will always remember the late night single group fear runs where I got to know Lrod and then rest of Kunark, velious such. Dueling him at the fear portal and zoning in early. Sebilis runs and such. So many fond memories of time spent playing around and killing.

Here is to the little thief! May he live on in our thoughts and memories forever.

Scott

Crazy. I had come to the forums to drop a line to the old timers about Kasim's (Lron, etc) passing.

If any of you we're close to him and want to attend the funeral, it's being held at Needles, CA. Here's where you can find all the details including funeral donations

http://www.myspace.com/energeticinsanity

Hope everyone is well
    -Ash-
    -Ash-

Hey Ash, long time no see.

You as well, Lons Hope you're doing well.

Drop by Cenarius sometime and say hi!
    -Ash-

The guy everyone loves to hate Vidmer's Avatar
    Wow, thats nuts. So sad to hear. He was one of the first people I met online.

Truly a sad day.

L-O-L-A Lola
    Lronius de la Mancha aka Kasim Amyx was simply a fantastic guy.

I'll remember him as a compassionate friend who was as sharp with his wit as he was in McKinley Base, Painted Desert, or the Plane of Fear. I have not one memory of him getting frustrated, angry, or mean. He always had fun. That's a rare gift.

It was my immense pleasure to know him in the too-brief time that our paths crossed, and it's a terrible thing that he was to leave us all so young.
    Last edited by Lola; 02-22-2008 at 11:02 AM.

here here

Wow.. that sucks..

2 guys I've known from EQ passing in roughly a year.. 1st Brithrax, and now Lrod..
    Elidroth, Overlord Skirt

Booyakasha!

I cant say that I knew Lrod well, but I knew him and grouped with him back on d'ro =( My thoughs and prayers go out to his family. Thank you to Elidroth for pointing this thread out elsewhere, as can be seen, I dont post here much.

welp
    "Tarissa - You are an asshole, you have been an asshole for many years." - Andaas

Lonskils just told me about Lrod's passing. I'm very sorry to hear that, and my most sincere condolences to his friends and family.

-Grim
    Grimthorn Redbeard - World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Elidroth View Post
    Wow.. that sucks..

2 guys I've known from EQ passing in roughly a year.. 1st Brithrax, and now Lrod..

Wow!.. Brith passed? I musta missed that. Ugg.. /mourn great person! no need to FD up there buddy! RIP!

We will all miss Lrod. He was a good friend and always cheered me up.
    Rhedd
    Always a dwarf.