Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by vegu View Post
    me, but only on EU at first, thanks to forced localization bs
    I've talked with our NAP (Non-Aggression Pact) guild and they purchased US copies for thier Euros and sent it to them. Let me know if you guys want to look into an option like that.
    Defender Kattoo Tacit protecting your lands since November 2000.

/wave

Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post
    /wave
    Sup dude.

Guns is Hexen on the AoC site.
    Defender Kattoo Tacit protecting your lands since November 2000.

Global interesting
    Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris

Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post
    /wave
    Hey Guns.

Ain

Old School
    Everybody should buy this game right now!

OK, that's my sales pitch obligation I guess. My company's parent company (Eidos) is releasing this game, and I just got two free copies. Woohoo!

I'm told that WICANNA is a good server (PvE). I'll probably be making a char there tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrith View Post
    Everybody should buy this game right now!

OK, that's my sales pitch obligation I guess. My company's parent company (Eidos) is releasing this game, and I just got two free copies. Woohoo!

I'm told that WICANNA is a good server. I'll probably be making a char there tonight.

Nice sales pitch..lol

Right now most of the Hoss members are on a PvP server, but I posted that I will be on the Omm server (PvE). I got ganked too much in the 1st 10 minutes after the solo instance at the begining for me to want to even try a PvP server.

Old School
    Yeah I learned long ago from Ultima Online that PvP is not for me. The maturity level and attitude of certain people on these servers quickly ruins any MMO game, IMHO.

Is there any reason in particular you're going to make a char on the Omm (PvE) server? I know quite a few cool video game developer-type people (a personality-type Hoss seems to attract!) at work who had planned on trying the Wicanna server, which is why I was recommending it.

Old School
    I played for about 4 hours last night and got an Assassin named Axyz on the Wicanna server to level 12.

At first the parts of the game that weren't very polished stood out to me (some geometry sorting, shading problems, obvious jumps from one level of detail to another). Gradually I started getting used to it and began appreciating that some of the places in the world just look a lot nicer than WoW (reminding me again of how cartoonish WoW looks most of the time). I'd characterize it as being closer to a modern EQ in look and feel than WoW, but with a lot of WoW-type features (talent tree, quest symbols above NPCs and on maps, WoW coloring scheme for item rarity, etc.).

I really liked the fact that I made it to level 12 with ZERO grinding (e.g. kill mob X 20-30 times). The quests leading up to that level (and, apparently, well beyond it) are more than enough to level you up, and keep you quite busy in and around the first city you arrive in. Of particular note are the nighttime quests (highly recommended!), which also set up a very interesting storyline. In this respect this game is much further along than WoW, which is no small feat.

I have no idea what group and raid play is like, but so far I am definitely enjoying the single player stuff.

Blog Entries
    I've heard from a few other players so far and they have said pretty much the same thing. A good/smooth leveling experience is very important, but in the end it isn't just a single player RPG... The life or death of any MMO is the endgame. I hope they get the endgame raiding/pvp down to make it more than just a 1-2 month experience.

The last few MMO's I have checked out were a bit weak in the endgame area (Tabula Rasa, LoTR, etc). WoW is the only game that seems to have that near-perfect "carrot on a stick" mode down for new content/loot/etc. I know some will argue this point, but subscriber base doesn't lie... They are doing something right that the others have yet to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrith View Post
    Yeah I learned long ago from Ultima Online that PvP is not for me. The maturity level and attitude of certain people on these servers quickly ruins any MMO game, IMHO.

Is there any reason in particular you're going to make a char on the Omm (PvE) server? I know quite a few cool video game developer-type people (a personality-type Hoss seems to attract!) at work who had planned on trying the Wicanna server, which is why I was recommending it.

We went to the Omm server because we got into the early release, and we just kinda picked it. We have about 8-10 of us that are good friends (RL and from playing SWG). We are happy there, but if you all want to change where you are, feel free to join us.

I am guardian Aedros on the Set server.

Demondim on Doomslayer

Domathoine on Omm

so is this another game I would have to pay for monthly?

Quote Originally Posted by KripDiggler View Post
    so is this another game I would have to pay for monthly?

Aye, it is the same cost as WoW.

hmmmmmm split bowser's account off oct or start playing AoC......